Tanotis.com - BEWARE.

Hari Iyer

FMs who follow me know that i do a lot of DIY stuff and procure lots of components locally and internationally in my pursuit. I have been doing so actively past 10 years and never had any complaints against any of the online sites till date until today. I have purchased from countless sites in India and abroad and have never been cheated of even a single $ or Rupee till date. Eight months ago i had ordered some audio transformers for my DIY project that was not shipped, but Paypal refunded money on both occasion with a very minor transaction fee. Anyway.

This incident that i am mentioning happened last month when i was looking out to purchase a pair of "Thermistors" for my DIY tube amplifier. When i searched for CL-90 (my value) as usual two unasked for google adsense will always pop-up. These two companies have always been "Tanotis" and other being "Ubuy". God knows how they have anything and everything on planet "Earth". I know they don't stock anything and are just resellers and take inbetween comission. But that is not just the end of the story. When i searched for CL-90 and later clicked on the Tanotis link it eventually took me to CL-30 which i did not realize untill i purchased and paid for the item. Since i was surfing on my mobile the fine print of CL-90 vs CL-30 got out of my sight and i ended up buying the wrong item. But i dont blame Tanotis for this because i should have double checked before i hit the buy button.

After realizing my goof-up, i contacted Tanotis and asked them to upgrade the order from CL-30 to CL-90 which they refused as the CL-90 was costing around Rs.60/- more than the CL-30 which is acceptable. So i asked them to cancel the order and refund my amount the very same day within 30 minutes of placing the order. They replied next day saying they are cancelling the order and my money will be refunded in 2 to 6 working days which was just Rs.387/- (inclusive of shipping a taxes) and nothing much to loose sleep over. This was September 30th. But i noticed that even after 2+ weeks i have not received the refund from Tanotis and they are not even replying to my follow-up mails.

So FMs / Buyers from Tanotis please be aware of the malpractice by this organisation as they cater to much larger products like Turntable, Amplifiers and Speakers which can cost you lacs of rupees and if you are not able to contact them, then consider your money as gone. God knows who runs these companies and what are their credentials. I will always prefer to buy from our local hifimart.com when it comes to spending some big money.

FMs who are having similar or different experience buying from Tanotis please pitch in as others may have different views but i am just sharing my experience of past two weeks.

Thanks for looking.

I presume, I am the only unlucky FM who have purchased and been duped by Tanotis. Good that they don't find any more " Bakra" like me in future.

Thanks for the warning Sir. Whereas Ubuy is concerned, their prices are excluding duty which they don't clarify. Don't know about their credibility either.

Had purchase some rca connectors from them. They response is very poor and delivery is also delayed. Didn't get cheated though

Had purchase some rca connectors from them. They response is very poor and delivery is also delayed. Didn't get cheated though
Thanks for sharing your experience. More people should come out and share if they had bad shopping experience with Tanotis.

Tanotis and ubuy are two tempting sites when someone searches to buy on google. I think it would be good to know how many people (on forum) have purchased satisfactorily from these.

I've bought low value stuff from Tanotis - like light speaker stands/power resistors/ and very recently official case for Rpi touchscreen which was imported from UK. They are slow but have not experienced any issue till now. But their listings/UI and overall feel doesn't give confidence to place orders for big ticket items.

Have purchased Nvidia shield TV Pro from tanotis didn't find any problems with them. Delivery was at time slot given by them.

Last edited:
I have purchased several times from tanotis and haven't had any problems. They are a bit slow because of the import time, but once here in India, they deliver promptly.

Sorry to hear this Hari. If Tanotis is old reputed company they will surely refund I guess.
When i searched for CL-90 (my value) as usual two unasked for google adsense will always pop-up. These two companies have always been "Tanotis" and other being "Ubuy". God knows how they have anything and everything on planet "Earth".
Usually google searches your browsing history and gives appropriate links. Or If any company has paid to google to give its site prominance it usually comes at top of the search.
Regards

Sorry to hear this Hari. If Tanotis is old reputed company they will surely refund I guess.

Usually google searches your browsing history and gives appropriate links. Or If any company has paid to google to give its site prominance it usually comes at top of the search.
Regards
Thanks Hiten for assurance. Have not yet received my refund as of yesterday.

Not yet received my refund. Considering the money as gone. Buyers use your discretion when buying from them.

Not yet received my refund. Considering the money as gone. Buyers use your discretion when buying from them.
Time to show them this thread. Also tell them you are on facebook + other social media and will publish your complaint.
Regards.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back