Tata Sky HD - Sound Output (HDMI / RCA)

karanmalhotra86

I am looking to buy a new TV and have really liked the Toshiba 40L2400. But the TV does not have an audio out jack to connect a speaker set.

So, I am wondering if the TataSky HD STB can do the job for me. The set-up that would need to be there is like this:

TataSky HD -> TV (hdmi)
TataSky HD -> Speakers (RCA)

Now this is where I have the confusion.

Will the STB provide audio out over RCA while providing video over HDMI?

Sounds improbable, but does anyone here know for sure?

Thanks!

Yes it does, I have connected RCA audio out from STB to TV (with component video) and HDMI to AVR. Audio is available on both simultaneously.

What speakers do you have? I expect you have an amp between STB and speakers. Regular speakers cannot be connected directly by RCA, only powered speakers can.
Also you will get only stereo through RCA and not surround.

I am planning to connect a basic off he shelf stereo speaker system.
My only doubt is that will the STB provide output over multiple channels (HDMI/RCA) together or not.

Yes it does, I have connected RCA audio out from STB to TV (with component video) and HDMI to AVR. Audio is available on both simultaneously.

OK. I want to do something similiar:

TataSky HD -> HDMI -> TV (for video)
TataSky HD -> RCA -> Stereo Speakers (audio)

If both ports get output simultaneously, then will I be getting audio out on TV and Speakers both?!?!

I am looking to buy a new TV and have really liked the Toshiba 40L2400. But the TV does not have an audio out jack to connect a speaker set.

So, I am wondering if the TataSky HD STB can do the job for me. The set-up that would need to be there is like this:

TataSky HD -> TV (hdmi)

Now this is where I have the confusion.

Sounds improbable, but does anyone here know for sure?

Thanks!

STB provides analog audio out over RCA .
It also provides Video+Audio over HDMI. Mute the TV speakers If you want to listen audio only through your external speakers

I can also confirm this works. In fact I use one STB for 2 TVS - one runs on HDMI while the other uses RCA. I can view each of the TVs independently. Am able to control the STB for the TV in second room using a strategically placed mirror :) Took a bit of work but was successful.:yahoo:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back