Tatasky digicomp electric shock?

Hi Shapra,this appears to be an issue with your unit-I've had one since Dec 06 & have'nt experienced such nasties so far.
Plz get after Tata Sky to repair/replace your unit.

Does anyone have this issue? The Digicomp comes with a 2 pin plug. When you touch the unit, you can experience a shock. Any help is appreciated.

Here's oen case published in the papers: The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Haryana Plus

The issue is with earthing, as they have not provided a 3 pin plug. I have experienced this many times when i accidently touch the TATASKY unit, but the shock was very very mild.
I am not sure if this has anything to do with humidity, but i have kept the box in such a way that no one could touch it accidently.

Last edited:
I'd say the issue is re leakage to the chassis due to some fault.The article also said that the TS repair guys tried to run a wire connected to the units body to the earth point but it did'nt work.
The best bet is to get them to fix it-till such time, don't touch it use the remote & the power point switch to turn it on /off.

I'd say the issue is re leakage to the chassis due to some fault.The article also said that the TS repair guys tried to run a wire connected to the units body to the earth point but it did'nt work.
The best bet is to get them to fix it-till such time, don't touch it use the remote & the power point switch to turn it on /off.

Hello Kamal Bhai,
I do the same, operate it from the remote and switch it off directly from the main switch.

Thanks for the replies. I am just concerned my very naughty toddlers may touch it. My electrician says two-pin plugs always have this issue.

I will see if TataSky can do something and post updates here.

Hi

I too had this problem, but it was not with the Tata Box,it was from the DVD player. The Audio/Video cables connecting the units to the TV were carrying this leakage current to the Tata Box.

Disconnect the DVD from the mains and check if you still get a shock.

I ran a wire from the body of the DVD player to the mains earth point and the problem went away.

Many of the DVD players using two pin plugs and cheap SMPS power supplies have this problem.
Regards
Rajiv

Re the naughty toddlers,plz keep the unit well out of their reach.
Even after you get the prob fixed, any electrical eqpt should be kept out of the way of the lil'uns as a prudent practice.
BTW, do you have an ELCB in your main breaker line?
If not, plz do so-its a great protection agnst electrical shocks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back