TataSky goes HD

One of the members did post some comment about the engineers changing the cable connected between the dish and the STB along with the LNB. Not sure what that was all about.

Thanks for the info....I am on the hunt now. Hopefully shall get the box by tomorrow( already out of stock).

btw.....officially, if you call up the TATA-Sky special call-center( thru the normal IVRS only.....and established exclusively for the HD customers, I guess).......they still have no clue. Most probably, they have offcially not launched in Pune as yet.................................but as Fulcrum suggested, it is a good advice to call up the Franchisees ( Shivaji Khopade in this case) and get it installed.
Thanks Fulcrum, for the info.
I called up the tata sky helpdesk, came to know that it wold be available in 2-3 days as they hardware in not available yet.

Hi All,

I have an Acer Aspire 5542 laptop with HDMI capability. I am planning to buy Tatasky HD here in Pune. Can someone let me know if it is possible to play Tatasky HD content on the laptop?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Shivram

Hi All,

I have an Acer Aspire 5542 laptop with HDMI capability. I am planning to buy Tatasky HD here in Pune. Can someone let me know if it is possible to play Tatasky HD content on the laptop?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Shivram

AFAIK you would be having a laptop with an HDMI out i.e. You can project the laptops screen to a TV/Projector via an HDMI connection.

If you want a low cost solution to watch Tata Sky HD. Get a 22" Samsung/Acer/BenQ monitor with an HDMI port & connect the Tata Sky to it.

AFAIK you would be having a laptop with an HDMI out i.e. You can project the laptops screen to a TV/Projector via an HDMI connection.

This is correct. The HDMI in any laptop only sends signals OUT from the laptop. You cannot send any HDMI or any video signal into the laptop.

Cheers

If you want a low cost solution to watch Tata Sky HD. Get a 22" Samsung/Acer/BenQ monitor with an HDMI port & connect the Tata Sky to it.

BTW tata sky HD on a 22 inch monitor is not worth.. The only benefit will be 5.1 dolby surround sound if you have proper 5.1 HT setup..

BTW tata sky HD on a 22 inch monitor is not worth.. The only benefit will be 5.1 dolby surround sound if you have proper 5.1 HT setup..
I would beg to differ on this. The quality of SD channels via DTH in India is so pathetic, that I am 100% sure, that there will be a marked gain in picture quality with HD. In fact even other wise, the difference between SD and even 720p is so great that it is clearly viewable even on a 22" monitor. In any case, if nothing else atleast there would be the gain of watching a true 16:9 picture on a 16:9 monitor. Of course here I am assuming that the monitor is 16:9 or atleast 16:10.

yeah, simply because the SD signals are so crap, there would be a difference even on a 22 inch monitor, but yes, to truly make 'paisa vasool' from it, you'd need a bigger screen.

I want to conect Tata sky HDMI OUT to Projector but can not view the movie whereas HDMI input Televsion is working fine.
Kindly suggest.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back