pauljoseph

Finally pulled the trigger CX55 - 1,19,250
including
3 years warranty
HDFC cashback
GST
3 month Netflix
Installation with wall bracket
To know the retailer details, DM your number he will revert back he does not want me to disclose his contact details
What's this GST?
Are you referring to the method in which businesses transact claiming gst?
Was the bill given under your business' name?

Also, you chose wall bracket instead of the table top stand right? Or was both included?

including
3 years warranty
HDFC cashback
GST
3 month Netflix
To know the retailer details, DM your number he will revert back he does not want me to disclose his contact details
Including gst mean if we take GST credit then the price would be below 1 lakh right?(approx 92k) given 28% gst

What's this GST?
Are you referring to the method in which businesses transact claiming gst?
Was the bill given under your business' name?

Also, you chose wall bracket instead of the table top stand right? Or was both included?
Gst means all inclusive
Yes I will be claiming gst after all it’s 28%
Yes I bought on my company name
He told me wall bracket is safer as there are few cases of accidents by falling from tv stand

Gst means all inclusive
Yes I will be claiming gst after all it’s 28%
Yes I bought on my company name
He told me wall bracket is safer as there are few cases of accidents by falling from tv stand
Wait, so the 1,19,250 is after reducing GST or before that?

including
3 years warranty
HDFC cashback
GST
3 month Netflix
Bought the same package for 1.22 here in Mumbai, my cx55 just got delivered, installer coming tomorrow.

It's technically illegal and tax evasion. You can't buy items in the name of company for personal use in your home.

Why not? The problems with buying in business name applies.
If you apply for bankruptcy for business, your tv will be taken away. If you buy in your name, it will not be.

If not for buying in business name, there wont be any luxury cars in Indian roads.

Why not? The problems with buying in business name applies.
If you apply for bankruptcy for business, your tv will be taken away. If you buy in your name, it will not be.
Can't believe you're justifying tax theft!!! The taxes on items are high because of people like you. If everyone paid tax fairly, the taxes will be a lot more reasonable.

The government still collects the same amount of tax it needs. All you're doing by evading it is putting more strain on honest taxpayers.
If not for buying in business name, there wont be any luxury cars in Indian roads.
It's like a thief justifying stealing by saying that he'll spend it better.

And I couldn't care less if there weren't luxury cars on Indian roads.

Can't believe you're justifying tax theft!!! The taxes on items are high because of people like you. If everyone paid tax fairly, the taxes will be a lot more reasonable.

The government still collects the same amount of tax it needs. All you're doing by evading it is putting more strain on honest taxpayers.

I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I am salaried and pay the taxes I like it or not.
Items bought for business use have a GST rebates allowed by government, then how is it tax evasion?

Are you talking about a scenario where something is procured by business and wholly used for personal purposes? If so, I cant see why you assume that is the case since the OP has already clarified.

Regarding usage of company property for personal use sometimes, there is a gray area.
Eg: Car in company name used some time for dropping house guests not related to business.
Can't call someone a thief for that.

I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I am salaried and pay the taxes I like it or not.
I didn't mean you personally, but the folks doing it. I meant the practice is illegal. Didn't blame you for anything.

When I said people like you i meant because you justified tax theft, not because you did it.
Items bought for business use have a GST rebates allowed by government, then how is it tax evasion?
Yes, however that means that that item will be used by the business and not by the owner. The former is fair, latter is tax evasion.

However, almost any business owner I know does this. Almost all the company owned Mercedes are taken for family trips by the owner.
Are you talking about a scenario where something is procured by business and wholly used for personal purposes? If so, I cant see why you assume that is the case since the OP has already clarified
That's fairly clear by his comment unless I interpreted it very wrongly.
Car in company name used some time for dropping house guests not related to business.
Can't call someone a thief for that.
That's exactly what tax theft is. A car bought for company purposes dropping house guests is illegal. That car is not the owner's. I'd absolutely call him a thief. He's indirectly stealing money from salaried folks.

That's exactly what tax theft is. A car bought for company purposes dropping house guests is illegal. That car is not the owner's. I'd absolutely call him a thief. He's indirectly stealing money from salaried folks.
Owner commuting daily to business contributes business use. When sitting idle, I wouldn't fret if put to use for non business purposes. Law enforcement in this area is totally not possible.

By the same claim, company leased car benefit given by companies like Microsoft should not be used for personal use though the guidance is not very clear. Meaning, you cant take the wife with you unless both are working there. 100% employees do that without exception including me.

Lol what you say is applicable in countries like us. The way you talk is as if our government is run by saints lol. Tax goes to politicians pockets for their expense and not the people in this country. What u see in movies are less compared to what politicians actually do here in this country

Adding to that, Honest tax payers don't get honest treatment here. So it is not all that rosy.
The police wants 20% for whatever civil cases they solve/not solve. Where is honesty in that? Eg: Maid took some gold ornaments, reported to police and eventually returned. The police wants 20% cut just to close the case! No amount of "I pay tax, its your duty" works there. It is not an isolated incident, looks like the norm. You end up wondering who is the thief.

Here we are discussing business stuff put for personal use. What is the elephant in the room?
Only 2 people I know of wont do that, Dr. Abdul kalam who called OLA for house guests as president and likes of kamarajar who dispite being the CM, cannot afford the mother's treatment.

Adding to that, Honest tax payers don't get honest treatment here. So it is not all that rosy.
The police wants 20% for whatever civil cases they solve/not solve. Where is honesty in that? Eg: Maid took some gold ornaments, reported to police and eventually returned. The police wants 20% cut just to close the case! No amount of "I pay tax, its your duty" works there. It is not an isolated incident, looks like the norm. You end up wondering who is the thief.
Honest tax payers are treated like garbage only. I am very surprised by his comments. Guess he has no exposure or has had any real experience with our system.

Owner commuting daily to business contributes business use. When sitting idle, I wouldn't fret if put to use for non business purposes. Law enforcement in this area is totally not possible.
It's not about whether it's fair or not, but whether it's legal. There are a lot of things which are unfair and should be legal but let's not go there.

Using company car for personal purposes is illegal, period.
By the same claim, company leased car benefit given by companies like Microsoft should not be used for personal use though the guidance is not very clear. Meaning, you cant take the wife with you unless both are working there. 100% employees do that without exception including me.
Yeah, that's correct. It shouldn't be used. However, the tax benefit there is pretty meagre since you pay interest on that through the roof and then GST on top of that interest.

So the tax theft you're doing there is pretty meagre if any at all.
Lol what you say is applicable in countries like us. The way you talk is as if our government is run by saints lol. Tax goes to politicians pockets for their expense and not the people in this country. What u see in movies are less compared to what politicians actually do here in this country
Just because the tax doesn't benefit anyone doesn't mean evading it better. I'm not a proud taxpayer or anything like that. That money is a black hole and I'll not see a rupee of it.

However, it still is tax evasion and it makes the tax burden higher on others.
That wasn't my point at all. Honest taxpayers are the most screwed over class in the history. If you're a middle class salaried engineering male in this country, you're probably the most f***ed existence in all of reality. That still doesn't mean that the rule of law means nothing.

I pay a shit ton of taxes every year and all I get is a bloody certificate of appreciation lol. The government is the biggest thief of them all and then taunts me for being a loser.

Anyway, this thread is going off topic. Can't believe I'm the only one who believes in doing legal stuff however screwed I am.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back