TCL C48P1FS 121.92 cm (48 inches) Full HD Curved Smart LED TV on amazon.in for 38K

elangoas

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this piece of information..

48 inch, curved, smart TV with 3 HDMI inputs, 2 USB ports, ethernet port, SPDIF out, Android OS, 6GB RAM & 4GB ROM and with 1.5 yrs standard warranty... Looks a good deal..

RAM on the TV is more than the ROM :eek:hyeah: Not sure if it is a typo..

TCL C48P1FS 121.92 cm Full HD Curved Smart LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

Checkout the video on the landing page of amazon on the bottom left corner for features of the TV..

The product is up for pre-order on amazon.in, and lists the TV to released on August 3rd.. Guess need to wait for August 3rd to get the full specification of the TV..

Re: TCL C48P1FS 121.92 cm (48 inches) Full HD Curved Smart LED TV on amazon.in for 38

Of all the 4 offers by TCL/Amazon, this one has the least discount/pre-offer incentives. The others have Rs.2000/- worth of Amazon coupons which effectively decrease the price. This has Rs.4000 of xchange against TCL 560 mobile. This means that they expect a lot of interest in this model and hence plan to clear their old stock of mobiles (TCL 562 has just launched).
I some how find the 43 inch 4K TV to be a good buy; however internationally TCL provides 3 year warranty. Not sure why they are providing 1.5 years in India.
Also these are directly imported from China and not made here; so would be little concerned about spares, atleast in the initial phase.

Re: TCL C48P1FS 121.92 cm (48 inches) Full HD Curved Smart LED TV on amazon.in for 38

I called up tcl India cc yesterday.
Asked about service centre..cc guy said he's to check on it. They say 180 pan service centres on Amazon but it's all outsourced i think. No tcl centres yet.

Is 60hz not good for a curved tv ?

Tried to get the specs of the tv, but could not. Quad core processor, but what? Mediatek ? Tv comes w Android 4.4 is pretty old. Can it be upgraded to 6?

Somewhere tcl quotes, screen is Samsung. Samsung 48" curved tv is over Rs. 85000. Confused between Infocus, Vu, tcl.

Last edited:

Will there be any noticeable difference in picture quality in a curved TV compared to a flat one?

Tried to get the specs of the tv, but could not. Quad core processor, but what? Mediatek ?

Most likely Mediatek Processor.. If they come with Miravision (or) Clear Motion Video Fluency enhancer, should be good..

I had a Xolo Play 6x 1000 android mobile, which had clear motion feature, was very good... basically no stuttering or jumps in video..

Tv comes w Android 4.4 is pretty old. Can it be upgraded to 6?
How much of difference would upgrading to android 6 make here...

My Yu Yureka Plus is still on Android 4.4.4 :eek:hyeah:

Somewhere tcl quotes, screen is Samsung. Samsung 48" curved tv is over Rs. 85000. Confused between Infocus, Vu, tcl.

TCL should be giving atleast 3 yrs warranty as standard, would def encourage more response..

Infocus provides 3 yrs as standard warranty only during festive season (or) some big online sales only.. Otherwise it is 1 yr..

VU provides 1 yr std warranty. you will need to purchase 2 yrs extended warranty additionally..

Yep.
Researching online and see 60hz is sufficient for movies and normal watching. Not for high sports. This is okay.
HDTV Refresh Rates Explained: 60Hz, 120Hz, and Beyond - HDTVs & Home Theater Reviews, Ratings & Comparisons

My other concern is. Integrating tv and smartness. Wont it get down the life of the tv? Even if I am just watching TV all the smart hardware is still running? The chipset, processor, board? Wont this make it wearoff quickly? Like a phone. Phone life now is abt 2/3 years. It gets slow and new apps not supported. So has to be replaced. Same w tv ? So instead of take a infocus and get a Chromecast? But read in focus 50 tv is not that good w sd content from stb ? Anyone using it?

My other concern is. Integrating tv and smartness. Wont it get down the life of the tv? Even if I am just watching TV all the smart hardware is still running? The chipset, processor, board? Wont this make it wearoff quickly? Like a phone. Phone life now is abt 2/3 years. It gets slow and new apps not supported. So has to be replaced. Same w tv ? So instead of take a infocus and get a Chromecast? But read in focus 50 tv is not that good w sd content from stb ? Anyone using it?

If the smart feature hardware is not integrated to the motherboard, then good chances your TV might last a lil more than usual..

If you look @ the mobile motherboard.. It is half the size of the bank challan... So i guess it should be standalone component..

Hey guys,

This is a Indian version of Chinese TCL D48A920C (768MB/4GB). They mention that the TCL D48A920C is 10 core processor but no more details.

It costs about 32,000 INR in it's home land China.

But at the price offered in Amazon, its a real bang for buck. I have never seen a 48" Curved Smart TV priced at this range till now. This is going to be a game changer for Indian TV industry. Watch your back Vu. There comes your competitor.

-- Sudheer (An Indian living in China)

seems this tv is already out of stock. Anyone got lucky and got it. Please share your thoughts.

Sudheer (An Indian living in China)

Hi Sudheer,

Nice to have someone living from China and sharing inputs here..

How is the chinese market for LED TV's ? what is the usual warranty period they offer? Which is the most preferred brand..Add any more inputs if you can..

Planning to buy the same tv... Would appreciate reviews and feedback purely in terms of PQ and reliability.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back