• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Technics SL-1200MK2 back in the form of Pioneer PLX-1000 ?

Project Turntables

Rajiv

Hi,

It seems that demand for the no longer manufactured Technics SL-1200MK2 may have been motivation for the new Pioneer PLX-1000. It appears to be very similar in appearance to the SL-1200MK2, solid build, and with some improvements.

Pioneer PLX-1000: A DJ turntable an audiophile can love? - CNET

Regards
Rajiv

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

hildebrand

700 USD is a good price I guess for some. Is it available in India?
Both are compared in the same article. Obviously there are differences aside from looks.

Saket

The reviewer states that Technics 1200 sounded warmer than the Pioneer. The Pioneer had a brighter sound, hence they preferred the Pioneer. I doubt if this statement will impress many vinylheads here. Most of them (me too) prefer the warmer tone of sound rather than bright.

Ankur604

I enquired on this as well. It is available now in India at a price of ?75000 from Rivera international Mumbai. And If I remember correctly it's wow & flutter is 0.1%!! Not sure thou.

omishra

Comparing Technics SL-1200MK2 with Pioneer PLX-1000, to me it looks like comparing Kishore Kumar with Kumar Sanu. No offense meant, but they are different and later can imitate former, but it can not be original. :p
Technics SL-1200MK2 was meant to give some quality to customers. Pioneer PLX-1000 is looking like en-cashing opportunity and milking money :(.

gopib

Still waiting for someone to compare. We all have heard Sonu Nigam and Kishore Kumar so can compare, while PLX 1000 I dont know:D:D

SPONSORED ADS