Technics SL 2000

jk_chaos

A long long wait has finally come to an end with the addition of the Technics SL 2000 to my set up. I've been thirsty for some vinyl ever since my Pioneer TT gave up over a year ago. With the recent acquisition from FM shafic I'm back to spinning vinyls again :D Cant thank my dear friend and FM Reuben enough for the guidance he's been giving me on this, helping me set up the TT and specially the lessons in patience and waiting for the ideal TT to come. Also he has agreed to build me the CNC phono stage, which I am really looking forward to so that i can hook the turntable directly to my NAD power amp. One more thing worth mentioning is the amazing packing Mr Shafi has done and how awesome it has been dealing with him. He also gave me a couple of free CDs along with the turntable. The packing was so good, it took me around twenty minutes to tear through the layers of foam and thermocol. Now what I need is a stylus for the M44-7 cart that came with the TT. Adding a few pics of how the package came and of the TT. Excuse the image quality :)

Cheers

JK Bro,

Enjoy spinning some metal tracks on the 2000!

Shafic is on a roll selling his TT's which are always immaculately packed, which is a huge :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Thanks a ton Denom, Infact when Reuben had come over to set up the TT we did have "Kill em All" on the list :D I'm on the hunt for some metal LPs but seems no one puts em up for sale :(

Send me a list of what you are looking for, will keep a look out & PM the details to you ;)

Congratulations JK. That's a fine looking TT and I am sure you will have some lovely jam sessions with this.

Some more clear and bigger shots of this beauty will be great.

Thanks a ton :) The initial pics were taken from my phone camera, hence the quality.. Will surely get some nice pics clicked of the TT and the whole set up :)

Congrats JK! Now let the metal flow..and spin :eek:hyeah: Let me know what records you're looking for. I have 3 metal albums which i can part with. Cheers.

Congrats on your new accquisition. Its well and truly a great TT and a great buy. The cart which you have is the original M44-7 (not the DJ version) so keep that in mind when you order a stylus (may make sense to get a new cart itself as stylii cost marginally less than the cart itself). My suggestion would be to change the feet of your turntable, perhaps someone on the forum who has an extra set can get you these. The OEM Technics SL1200 feet would add great cosmetic value to the deck. Mechanically, your deck is in top-notch condition. Handle the tonearm lift lever with care as this is a weak spot for all manual Technics TTs (with OEM Technics tonearm).

All said and done, its all about enjoying the music. CNC on the way (my version of it)

On another note, its always a pleasure to visit your place.

Shafic's packing is incredible and out of this world. The best guy I've ever dealt with :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words Reuben,
As i mentioned in your PM, Mr JK truly deserves this TT. He just missed the previous Technics SL D-2. When he PMed me about this TT and requested to bear the transportation expenses, my only word was 'DONE'.

I took extra care to pack this TT as i have never sent a TT so far as Trivendrum and also keep in mind that he is your friend;). When my person was at the courrier office and told me about the TT parcel's charges ( air cargo) being too high and beyond my budget.I could sent this parcel through surface but my motive was it should reach fast and safe. So i called JK and told the situation. He immediately understand my view and even offer to send the difference amount between the surface and air cargo charges.

After received your PM about the HINGES AND FEET issues i immediately SMSed to him about my concern/suggestion and offered him not send the balance amount as a compensation.I appreciate the frankness you people showed in this matter.

Guys, you people are truly gentlemen. GREAT PEOPLE!! GREAT VISION!! HIFI VISION!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
Regds,
shafic

He just missed the previous Technics SL D-2

What a great miss!! the SL2000 in my opinion is miles ahead of the SL D-2, in build quality, performance and even aesthetics

I took extra care to pack this TT as i have never sent a TT so far as Trivendrum

Same with the records you've sent to me. Superb packaging (and the effort and expense that goes into it, people generally forget but packaging materials are expensive these days)

After received your PM about the HINGES AND FEET

Hinges are in great order. If JK decides to get his dustcover re-fabricated or decides to get a new one fabricated, these hinges can be used. They are in fantastic shape. The feet need to be changed anyways (not that the TT is not working on the current ones, it works perfectly well) as the older Technics decks (from the early to mid or late 1970s), came with spring loaded rubber feet. Now, one cannot really expect these to last for ever, hence suggested that JK changes them. If he chooses not to, he can still use the TT perfectly well with the existing ones (I advised him to place a small piece of folded paper under the rear-right foot to hoist the platform back info position. The rear-right rubber foot got a bit compressed during shipping).

Overall a perfect deal, and what a steal for JK :clapping:

Congrats JK Bro for the nice TT. Looks in terrific nick aesthetically from the pictures. Any leads for the dustcover fabrication?

The N44-7 stylus is available for around Rs. 2400/- in India. Few months ago, I got it for 2k but looks like there has been a price increase.

in my opinion, when it comes to Shure, its always good to buy the OEM stylus, may cost a bit more but the performance would definitely be better.

What is the difference between Technics SL-D3 & SL 2000? Just want to have a indepth understanding about it

Back