Technics SL PG 580A CDP

but you got it from Singapore, right?
Any idea about the 6003 cost? The USB port on it looks tempting. Wondering if anyone here has a 6003 cdp and if they used an external powered HDD to play music off it. That may cut out the entire computer/ usb dac debate. An audiophile grade CDP that can read wav files off an hdd. Could have been better if it had flac support - but wav too should be fine?

regards

Hi,

hey Sri - I read in your annaconda thread that you had a technics cdp. Which model was that?
Also someone auditioned at your home with marantz player. Which one was that?

It was a SL-V7 or some model I forgot ! I retired that player long time back to due to obvious reasons ;)!

The Marantz player that I now have is a CD63MII (Plane Jane Version no Signature version or Special Edition )

Any idea about the 6003 cost? The USB port on it looks tempting. Wondering if anyone here has a 6003 cdp and if they used an external powered HDD to play music off it.

Anant First off there is no 6003 :p its still 6002 !! Marantz decided to upgrade all the models starting from 5001 till 8002 but skipped 6002 ! why go figure:D !!

So its still 6002 and its does not have any USB option !! So not sure about the other things you've asked !!

An audiophile grade CDP that can read wav files off an hdd. Could have been better if it had flac support - but wav too should be fine?

The only one's capable of such a task according to me is a CD/HDD based machine which was once sold by Onkyo and others ! but nowadays nowhere to be seen ! So again not sure as to where you can find one ! perhaps a Used piece if you are lucky ;)!!

Regards.

Last edited:
The 6003 is a new launch and hasnt made its way to too many markets yet. It supports USB (FAT 32 format drives, not sure how large). It doesnt support streaming though so cant be used as a DAC

Hi,

The 6003 is a new launch and hasnt made its way to too many markets yet. It supports USB (FAT 32 format drives, not sure how large). It doesnt support streaming though so cant be used as a DAC

Jai can you please post a link of the same ??

Coz its not there in the US site nor in the main japan site :p! Our So called Importers (both Mumbai and Chennai ) have no clue of it what so ever :eek: !!!

So Am wondering as to how and where did this come from ;) ??

Regards.

look at marantz UK site.
I mailed them, asking them how usable the USB is for browsing files on a memory stick, finding albums and tracks. SB3 is supposed to have a better interface but I do not like the idea of another computer being on. Why can't it read off a disk attached to it?

Oh, and in my mail, I have also asked them why they do not have India listed in their list of countries, even when I am filling up the form and there is a country field? Do you think Indians can never afford a marantz or what? I assume they are officially represented in India. See the form here - http://www.marantz.com/new/index.cfm?fuseaction=Company.Contact&cont=eu&bus=hf

regards

Last edited:
Hi,

Jai the link gave an error :p !!

Anant Saw the thing !! Looks interesting,I wonder what would they reply to your mail :p !!

Anyways Europe is the only country its being offered currently I believe thats why its only there in that site !! as I mentioned not even in the US site !

No one needs to guess the sorry state of affairs in India with respect to the Availability or in general ! not much to talk bout ;)!

Thanks Guys for bringing this to my notice and clearing the doubts that I had !

Regards.

hey Sri - did you find any cdp for me?
6003 is looking very tempting - if it can play music from hdd in a usable way. Then I think I do not need a computer as a transport. External powered hdd, and a great CDP as DAC. Sounds too good to be true.
I think squeezebox touch is also able to play directly from hdd.
regards

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back