Terrible Netflix on Spectranet since past 1 year

prankey

Screenshot says it all. And yes its taken off my TCL 4k TV so you know the clouding/DSE and backlight bleed is a non issue.

Confirmed through my new Xbox One S that Netflix detects the TV fine.. XBOX suggests this doesn't have HDR (or 3D) support but checks all other requirements for 4k streaming (10 bit playback at all refresh rates).

This is on Spectranet Gurgaon. Amazon Prime and YouTube 4k works absolutely fine and Netflix path is completely chocked probably because this is a truly unlimited 100Mbps connection so possible that many people watch or download videos on their devices. Sad that I can't see 4k Netflix even when I have the source..
cfa4b01beb805b716827ff19efa4a1fe.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Call your ISP and ask them to check. I had a similar issue with Hathway and they rectified at DNS level. Primevideo and YouTube 4K came great, but Netflix stuttered. Seems they received similar complaint like mine and then they fixed the DNS. Try this once.

Call your ISP and ask them to check. I had a similar issue with Hathway and they rectified at DNS level. Primevideo and YouTube 4K came great, but Netflix stuttered. Seems they received similar complaint like mine and then they fixed the DNS. Try this once.
Have been telling them for the last 1 year! If DNS can help fix this, I can try from my end as well. Anyway to know the best DNS servers for Netflix?

Is it possible to use another wifi and confirm that its an issue with your ISP?

So this issue was sorted all of a sudden on a morning of 1st week of July. Now getting some issues on Amazon Prime these days where the bandwidth keeps fluctuating and can't get 4k quite often when it never was an issue till around September this year.

Is your net connection speed 4MbPS or 4MBPS?
If it is 4MbPS, You will face intermittent issues.
It was a backup link which is now upgraded to 16Mbps (runs 12Mbps 4k HDR Netflix just fine). Serial connections are always measured in bits (like Storage in 1024 multiples of Bytes for kB, MB, GB, TB, etc.)

No issue playing 1080p Netflix on a 4Mbps connection as 1080p has multiple bitrates and some contents top below 4Mbps itself.

It was a backup link which is now upgraded to 16Mbps (runs 12Mbps 4k HDR Netflix just fine). Serial connections are always measured in bits (like Storage in 1024 multiples of Bytes for kB, MB, GB, TB, etc.)

No issue playing 1080p Netflix on a 4Mbps connection as 1080p has multiple bitrates and some contents top below 4Mbps itself.

8MbPS = 1 MBPS

You need at least 32MbPS (4MBPS) connection, if you need seamless 4K streaming.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back