Thank you all

pradski

Hello everybody,

I want to thank you all for the help in setting up my home theatre.
I like to apologise for my excited behaviour, stupidity and immaturity in some of my posts please bear with it.

I had used net for simple things, not even chat or anything. One day i was led in to maratz receivers thread when I was searching for receivers. I intruded with a query and almost broke the thread, though venkat very sportively answered my questions.

I never came in to the forum through the right channel of introduction.

I was excited and without much knowledge I started off, which was not good.

Venkat, regarding my post of about western classical cd s. was when I was new and excited to contribute and since I own lot of western classical I thought I am capable of answering. I did not even know sale among forum members and Suhas sale of cd s also I did not know. Later slowly when went through the threads I learnt.
Sorry suhas I did not know of your sale at the time of my post.

Some of my posts may have hurt somebody, please accept my apologies. And the experiences taught me a lot and many have contributed to upgrade my knowledge and decision making.

If not for the forum I wouldn't have invested this much. This gave reason to alter my lifestyle and contribute to what I like.

It is a great pleasure to be here. And a kind of addictive also.

Finally my set up. I will soon post my photos link.

Samsung 40" A 550 LCD 64k
Denon 2309 AVR 47k
Marantz CD 5001 11.5k
Sony DVD HDMI
Wharfedale 9.6 33.6k
Wharfedale 9 CM 13k
WF DFS 8 12k
WF 9.2 rear 13.4k
Polk DSW 650 25k
Vanguard V 531 wall mount 9 k
Audio technica TT on eaby 7.5k ( with shipping)
Technics pro (used ) 2.6k (with shipping)
JVC world space 7 yrs old.
Subwoofer cable Monster 3.6k
Profigold HDMI 3k
Bandridge HDMI .9k
Monster audio interconnect
Bandridge rca splitters rs 99/
DAC speaker cable 14g 120/m
Monster speaker cable for fronts 14 g 300/m

You must be wondering where did I get so much money. Anyway upto 100k was borrowed from my close people. And I can return anytime to them anyway.

So this is how I have done. I bought cheap bananas. As I could not find good decent buys. Some mx and local till I can get them.

Thank you all for your patience and for your help.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Samsung 40" A 550 LCD

I got this for 58k
60k is the max you shall pay for this. (DP is 67k) !

And congrats on the setup. Excellent one !!

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I would like to thank you all for helping me in setting up my home theatre, which is has been acquired so far.

Before I tell about my setup.

I would like to apologise for my excited behaviour, stupidity and immaturity in some of my posts please bear with it.

As I had used net for simple things, not even chat or anything.

One day i was led in to maratz receivers thread when I was searching for receivers. I intruded with a query and almost broke the thread, though venkat very sportively answered my questions.

I never came in to the forum through the right channel of introducing and all that.

Immediately I was excited and without much knowledge I started off, which were not that good.

Venkat, regarding my post of about western classical cd s. was when I was new and excited to contribute and since I own lot of western classical I thought I am capable of answering. I did not even know sale among forum members and Suhas sale of cd s also I did not know. Later slowly when went through the threads I learnt.
Sorry suhas I did not know of your sale at the time of my post.

Some of my posts may have hurt somebody, please accept my apologies.

These experiences have thought me a lot.

Anyway many of you have contributed a lot in terms of upgrading knowledge and decision making.

If not for this forum I would not have invested this much on this setup of mine. This gave reason to alter my lifestyle and contribute to what I like.

It is a great pleasure to be here. And a kind of addictive also.

Finally my set up. I will soon post my photos link.

Samsung 40" A 550 LCD 64k

Denon 2309 AVR 47k

Marantz CD 5001 11.5k

Sony DVD HDMI

Wharfedale 9.6 33.6k

Wharfedale 9 CM 13k

WF DFS 8 12k

WF 9.2 rear 13.4k

Polk DSW 650 25k

Vanguard V 531 wall mount 9 k

Audio technica TT on eaby 7.5k ( with shipping)

Technics pro (used ) 2.6k (with shipping)

JVC world space 7 yrs old.
Subwoofer cable Monster 3.6k

Profigold HDMI 3k
Bandridge HDMI .9k
Monster audio interconnect
Bandridge rca splitters rs 99/
DAC speaker cable 14g 120/m
Monster speaker cable for fronts 14 g 300/m

You must be wondering where did I get so much money. Anyway upto 100k was borrowed from my close people. And I can return anytime to them anyway.

So this is how I have done. I bought cheap bananas. As I could not find good decent buys. Some mx and local till I can get them.

Thank you all for your patience and for your help.

Cheers.

Hello Pradski

Congrats !!!!!!Now you have a beautiful setup and its time for you to sit back and enjoy the movie and music for a very long time . We also want you to post your experience with the system . Happy Listening.

Regards
Dev.

Hi you look happy & satisfied with your system !!
Have fun;)
Cheers
RB9:)

Some mx and local till I can get them.

Hey Pradski, can I now say to you - Welcome to the Forum? You are a (forum) warrior who has really fought to get where you are. Good for you.

BTW, I am also using MX banana plugs, and they seem to work quite decently. Gold plated and all that.

What I am sure all of us here would like to hear from you is a review and audition of your own system. If you can play a couple of movies, and some music, and tell us all how you system performed it will be of immense help to others who will be making their buying decisions shortly.

Cheers

Hi pradski,

Congrats man. Very happy for you. Enjoy and have a blast. Do put in some reviews and also pics ASAP. Like I said, very happy for you and have a blast.

BTW how are the Bandridge cables? I saw them at Reliance and they appear to be VFM since they are priced lower, but I wanted to know how they are in terms of performance...

Congratulations!!! You got a nice set up, I am sure many will envy you! Now forget about that electronics this amp and that speaker, which wire and what cable. Just pay attension to speaker placement and enjoy the show.

And don't forget to post a small review report at a later date. Now don't disappear ,Keep visiting this place, participate in the discussions, helps others in the process.

Thanks everybody.

definitely I won't run away I will be posting and will live in this forum.

I am trying to finish the setup. I have almost finished 5.1.

rears have not reached. Still waiting for the rack to be made and I have to get brackets made for the rears.

Thanks everyone.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back