Thank you Everyone! First HT Build :D

Congratulations!

Do this and let me know if that satisfies you?

- On AVR, set the front speakers to 'large'.
- Increase the tone (Bass) to +2 and then inside the individual speaker equalization, increase the 65hz by +1
- Decrease the 150hz and 400hz by -2 each.
- For better vocals, +2 on 1000 Khz and 2500 khz.

If it is 128/256 kbps mp3, then whatever you do they are all going to 'sound crap'.

Hmmm i shouldn't use PEQ?

Hi Get2Ricky,

Could you please let me know how much is the - Yamaha NS-8390 Floor standing speakers (PAIR). I didnt audition the speakers, i checked the price the sales person said 20k for a pair. I was not in a mindset to demo at that time so came back.

It would be great if you can share the price, so that ill check it out.

Thanks

Hmmm i shouldn't use PEQ?

You always can, but you have to understand that it will do whatever the software thinks is 'the most appropriate'....mainly an attempt to have a flat response, vis a vis your room response. The catch is 'most appropriate' will ignore you liking for more bass and keep it flat.

Try to set to tone (Bass +2) on top of PEQ, if that satisfies you.

Hi Get2Ricky,

Could you please let me know how much is the - Yamaha NS-8390 Floor standing speakers (PAIR). I didnt audition the speakers, i checked the price the sales person said 20k for a pair. I was not in a mindset to demo at that time so came back.

It would be great if you can share the price, so that ill check it out.

Thanks

Yes that price is correct for that pair and if you bargain you might get it around 19K. And its way better then expensive stuff as i even auditioned 30-40K front pairs but loved how this 20K pair sounded. But again i would say always audition and buy what sound good to 'your' ears.

You always can, but you have to understand that it will do whatever the software thinks is 'the most appropriate'....mainly an attempt to have a flat response, vis a vis your room response. The catch is 'most appropriate' will ignore you liking for more bass and keep it flat.

Try to set to tone (Bass +2) on top of PEQ, if that satisfies you.

Ok thing is in movies i was using PEQ plus +6 Bass and its perfect. But this same setting in music lacks bass. And if i use GEQ or turn off the equalizer then the bass is good but it lacks the clarity as PEQ offered :/ So i am confused, its like bass or clarity lol

HT without a sub? I guess you're kidding right? 5.1 is not 5.0..The .1 is for LFE, which is an integral part of the HT experience.

>Congrats for your new System. You liked it, that's most important. Enjoy! You may not need a Sub, unless you are fond of that additional( somewhat artificial) thump.--vnm

If you are already @ +6 bass, then I suggest you go by what George suggested....get a sub.

Read this long answer only if you are willing to play around with your speakers before jumping for a sub.

Problem: You have placed the speakers in the corners.......good for boom (not bass overall) but bad for overall response of the speaker....somewhat closer to the 'Clarity' you are referring. The 8" woofers are crossed @ 4500hz, much higher than what typical speakers would do. So they effectively play the male voice and the thump and thunder in movies from the same driver......somewhat harder to achieve at the same time.

Solution: Do try doing this after moving the speakers towards front (at least by two feet if possible).
- On AVR, set the front speakers to 'large'. Change the distance according to your seat. This also has an impact on how the sound is 'projected'.
- Increase the tone (Bass) to +2 and then inside the individual speaker equalization, increase the 65hz by +1
- Treble tone adjustment by +2.

The Bass feature on your AVR bumps up 50hz and if you are doing it +6, that is way above what the speakers could take. Note there are very few songs which have good use of 50hz notes and below [jazz (double bass) and rock where good use of kick drums is what I can think off). So basically you want more bass but you are bumping unrelated frequencies.

If all this does not satisfy you then go for a sub.

If you are already @ +6 bass, then I suggest you go by what George suggested....get a sub.

Read this long answer only if you are willing to play around with your speakers before jumping for a sub.

Problem: You have placed the speakers in the corners.......good for boom (not bass overall) but bad for overall response of the speaker....somewhat closer to the 'Clarity' you are referring. The 8" woofers are crossed @ 4500hz, much higher than what typical speakers would do. So they effectively play the male voice and the thump and thunder in movies from the same driver......somewhat harder to achieve at the same time.

Solution: Do try doing this after moving the speakers towards front (at least by two feet if possible).
- On AVR, set the front speakers to 'large'. Change the distance according to your seat. This also has an impact on how the sound is 'projected'.
- Treble tone adjustment by +2.

The Bass feature on your AVR bumps up 50hz and if you are doing it +6, that is way above what the speakers could take. Note there are very few songs which have good use of 50hz notes and below [jazz (double bass) and rock where good use of kick drums is what I can think off). So basically you want more bass but you are bumping unrelated frequencies.

If all this does not satisfy you then go for a sub.

Thanks for all this information. Tried it and well, when i use GEQ i find sound to be muddy like i mean not as clear as it is in PEQ but bass is good. So now i am using PEQ with bass and treble set to bypass(no change) and for movies its good. So i am satisfied and for music and thundrous bass thing i will be adding a sub later in few months as i already exceeded my budget in setting up this 5.0 setup lol.

So thanks for everything :)

congratulation.
that's nice set up.
o.png

Hi Get2Rickey,

Yesterday I too purchased HTR 3057. Just started to listen music. Will up date my impression later.

Congratulations for your new set up.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back