Thank you Guys for helping me on HT selection. Now need your guidance on LED TV.

Gurvi

Hey Guys,

I finally bought a Yamaha YHT-299 and now need you suggestion on WFM LED TV.

I have seen two of them :
1. LG 32LB5820 (FULL HD SMART LED TV)

2. Samsung H5570 Smart Direct TV (built in set top box) with Screen Mirroring, Quad Core, Motion Control Ready Full HD LED TV.

Confused which one to go for.
Budget Strictly 40K
Thanks in Advance..!!!

Hey Guys,

2. Samsung H5570 Smart Direct TV (built in set top box) with Screen Mirroring, Quad Core, Motion Control Ready Full HD LED TV.

Budget Strictly 40K
Thanks in Advance..!!!

In my opinion, when going for a TV, first look for the best PQ and then the biggest size you can get in that budget. Features like smart TV, fancy n motion control remotes etc...should be the least priority.

At the end of the day you are buying a TV for viewing, but people get lured by looks n fancy/gimmicky featues instead.
PQ and size should be of utmost priority in whatever budget one has set.

My 2 cents.

Hey Guys,

Budget Strictly 40K
Thanks in Advance..!!!

Bro,
Earlier I was also thinking for smart TV of lg. But I then thought do I really need these features and will I use them? So dropped the idea. After lot searching finally bought plasma of lg 42pn4500 for 30k
Happy with the purchase and TV is also good for the price. Whatever u purchase don't look for smart features.

In my opinion, when going for a TV, first look for the best PQ and then the biggest size you can get in that budget. Features like smart TV, fancy n motion control remotes etc...should be the least priority.

At the end of the day you are buying a TV for viewing, but people get lured by looks n fancy/gimmicky featues instead.
PQ and size should be of utmost priority in whatever budget one has set.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Sanchit!!!
Keeping in mind your parameters could you suggest some of the good Models/Brand to go with?
Budget Constraint is strictly 40K..
Size : 32' inches
Smart TV is not the Priority but full HD LED and good no. of connectivity options are imp.

Bro,
Earlier I was also thinking for smart TV of lg. But I then thought do I really need these features and will I use them? So dropped the idea. After lot searching finally bought plasma of lg 42pn4500 for 30k
Happy with the purchase and TV is also good for the price. Whatever u purchase don't look for smart features.

Hey Broda..
Hope you are doing great!!!
Well Smart was not a priority ever, just wanted to have the latest technology in market and since Plasma consumes more electricity so wanted to go with the full LED Television with 32' (as 40' is big enough for the room).
Any other suggestion is most welcome!!

Many Thanks!!!

Well.. Why go for 32" in 40k if u can get 40" in that price.
Why do u say 40" is big fr ur room. What will b your viewing distance? Anything between 7-10 ft is more then enuf

I've just bought a Philips 40pfl5059 Led... Full HD with standard connectivity options, but it's a not frill TV intended just for watching TV.
I bought it for 30.5k from flipkart n comes with 3 yr warranty.
There are other option also from Toshiba, Panasonic n even Samsung which I believe is close to 40k only... All 40". Check flipkart for option n also specs of each.
You can check my thread for review of the Philips n there are also couple of other members bought the same TV.

Also full HD or HD ready... Doesn't make any difference in a 32" TV. It only makes sense from 40" n above. I also used to think that 40" is bigger for my room where my viewing distance is arnd 8ft. But believe me I regret I didn't go for a 40" before.

Last edited:
Hey Broda..
Well Smart was not a priority ever, just wanted to have the latest technology in market and since Plasma consumes more electricity so wanted to go with the full LED Television with 32' (as 40' is big enough for the room).

Many Thanks!!!

Here... Check this link for viewing distance recommendations by Toshiba.
Link - TV Viewing Distance Chart | Toshiba Shopping Guides

Hey Broda..

Many Thanks!!!

If going for 32 incher no need of full hd. Hd ready will be enough. Go for 40 inch led. Initially it will look big but within a week you will think that it is not big enough. Full hd 40 incher will be good for your budget.

If going for 32 incher no need of full hd. Hd ready will be enough. Go for 40 inch led. Initially it will look big but within a week you will think that it is not big enough. Full hd 40 incher will be good for your budget.

Exactly my point. I've just bought a 40" n I've already started to feel its not big enough n the same model was available in 50" too.
I feel 40/42 is the new 32" and if someone needs a big TV...starting point is 50" minimum. My room size is around 10 ft. x 14ft by the way.

With today's super thin bezels, TVs look even smaller. I remember my old 42" Samsung plasma looked like the 50" led of today in size.

Thanks Sanchit.. Thanks KR... for your inputs...
Will be going to review few of them this weekend and will come back to you guys with my list of choices..

Have a look at Samsung 48H6400 from ebay (if you are okey with seller warranty); this will come around 58K; good TV with excellent PQ, all features, and VFM.
Note that, if you choose anything shorter than 46", you will feel to upgrade to next size with in couple of weeks!

Have a look at Samsung 48H6400 from ebay (if you are okey with seller warranty); this will come around 58K; good TV with excellent PQ, all features, and VFM.
Note that, if you choose anything shorter than 46", you will feel to upgrade to next size with in couple of weeks!

if it is me, I would never go with seller warranty. Why spend a little bit more and have peace of mind ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back