The Almighty Sub !!

thank you 4 the response!!!!

I am looking for the plate amp only .

My budget is 2k, if any mannual or steps to make it let me know .. im interested in making one.

I have TX SR504 7.1 ONKYO amp with 7 tysonic china speakers . it sound great with these speakers.

I am missing the LFE effects.

For that i have already purchased another one big china speaker with 10" woofer drive. only missing one is the amp as onkyo give only preout for the subwoofer.

Planning to upgrade to the good speakers when we get the tamil movies with THX effects. :D

Last edited:
Is it possible to use a 12"/15" Car Audio sub in a sealed/ported box, in a home theater environment?

Would a standard receiver be able to drive such passive subs?

Hi,

Carthy,as I mentioned please check with craftel coz according to me they are only one's who help in the said budget of yours !

Shuvc,you can use it there's nothing stopping you from using it, but having said I'll also tell you that its not always easy and pratical to implement the car sub in home audio due various issues,for Ex some of them require huge box volume (like 100+liters )and heavy duty amp with high current drive to bring their best out !

so please do let me know as to what exactly you have in mind so that I can suggest something ! also the budget and your music/movie choice !

Regards.

yep i did contact craftel , they had subwoofer amp from 5k .

By the way power electronics gave me specification of Rs.690/- for the crossover alone .

Will a crossover alone be enough for a preout subwoofer.

Hi,

Ok thats why I told you check with them ;)!

Buddy could you be bit more specific,are you talking bout the Filter ? coz crossover is that (active version) ! if thats what you are talking bout then yes that coupled with a normal Amp (straight Amp,no bass/treble) will serve the purpose of driving a passive sub !

Regards.

Mahendra Palesha from Pune has sub plate amps available-he is primarily into car audio-subs as well as amps.His company's name starts with S, and i a leading brand-cant remember the name offhand. I don't remember the cost, a friend ought one 2-3 years ago from him, it's working well I think its 150watts.

I think the brand is called Sonoku or Sonuku, his company is Palesha Electronics

George

George,

The name is "SOOMOKU"

The plate amps are 12 Volt driven, so essentially meant for ICE or such applications.

Regards
suri

Hi,

The name is "SOOMOKU"

The plate amps are 12 Volt driven, so essentially meant for ICE or such applications.

Yes you are right suri :)!! it is infact made for ICE not for home use !

I have communicated with Mahendra Palesha directly and as to what information he gave I believe they don't offer any plate Amps for Home Use !

Regards.

He may have 12 volt auto application units, but he certainly had 220VAC units as well-my friend has bought one from him and is happily using it since early 2007. I'm not sure of current status.

I have a Palesha sub installed in my Scorpio. Bought for about Rs. 7K in 2005. It has a Taiwanese 10" driver and plate amp. Sounds ok for the money although requires critical setting up. George has heard it.

Those days Shri Palesha had 220v a/c plate amps on offer.

hey brother
superb job

can you make a sub for me too

i need a sub that can goes down below 20hz like 15hz or 10hz

please reply is it possible

Hi,

hey brother
superb job

can you make a sub for me too

i need a sub that can goes down below 20hz like 15hz or 10hz

please reply is it possible

Thanks for liking the sub ;)!

Below 20?? Am extremely sorry to be so blunt but do you even remotely have any idea what that means ?? My friend its not even remotely possible to go down to 10Hz ( or even close to 15Hz) without a proper setup ! to get that you probably have to go bankrupt :D !!

If you still are up for the task ;) then I'll give a sub which will go down to 5Hz :licklips: will shake the heck out of you and your neighbors ! but its not going to come cheap,it'll be say cost you 25 big gees (that's $ for you ;) ) So are we up for the task ??

Anyways back to reality,see making subs is one thing and talking something is another ! so I although can cook something up for just for having seen you struggle so much for one ;) (been reading your countless posts here on the subject ;) ) !! but what exactly it does is something which you need to experience first hand !

So first I'd say give some branded a chance and if you can travel to Bangalore then please drop in and I shall show what I have ! based on that you can proceed further ;)!

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for liking the sub ;)!

Below 20?? Am extremely sorry to be so blunt but do you even remotely have any idea what that means ?? My friend its not even remotely possible to go down to 10Hz ( or even close to 15Hz) without a proper setup ! to get that you probably have to go bankrupt :D !!

If you still are up for the task ;) then I'll give a sub which will go down to 5Hz :licklips: will shake the heck out of you and your neighbors ! but its not going to come cheap,it'll be say cost you 25 big gees (that's $ for you ;) ) So are we up for the task ??

Anyways back to reality,see making subs is one thing and talking something is another ! so I although can cook something up for just for having seen you struggle so much for one ;) (been reading your countless posts here on the subject ;) ) !! but what exactly it does is something which you need to experience first hand !

So first I'd say give some branded a chance and if you can travel to Bangalore then please drop in and I shall show what I have ! based on that you can proceed further ;)!

Regards.

hey thanks brother

mmm so in between 50000 rupees what kind of sub you can make for me and please giveme full specs like power,frequency response

i'm waiting for your reply

Soundsgreat, as you may have seen from the numerous threads started by Manu, our Bass King is going to be unhappy with any branded sub. He is looking for some serious glass breaking sub, and it was I who referred him to you. I even suggested some professional subs used in discotheques, but they turned out to be expensive.

Cheers

Soundsgreat, as you may have seen from the numerous threads started by Manu, our Bass King is going to be unhappy with any branded sub. He is looking for some serious glass breaking sub, and it was I who referred him to you. I even suggested some professional subs used in discotheques, but they turned out to be expensive.

Cheers

:D thanks man

Hi,

and it was I who referred him to you. I even suggested some professional subs used in discotheques, but they turned out to be expensive.

Thanks for the suggestion,but as you yourself know THE Man's tough customer to satisfy !

Soundsgreat, as you may have seen from the numerous threads started by Manu, our Bass King is going to be unhappy with any branded sub. He is looking for some serious glass breaking sub,

Yes indeed I have seen all his posts till date and know what he's looking at and for is something which totally different ;)!

Anyways I couldn't stop but trying to help him for the fact that he's so persistent and he actually almost flooded the forum with his requests :lol: !! So thats why I've posted,so let him decide how to proceed !

And thanks once again for the recommendations and should you be in Bangalore in the near future,you are more then welcome to drop in for a Audition too ;) !

Regards.

And thanks once again for the recommendations and should you be in Bangalore in the near future,you are more then welcome to drop in for a Audition too ;) !

I certainly will. I kind of consider my Hsu VTF to be reference standard as far as subs go, and I am very curious to audition other good subs such as yours.

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back