The Almighty Sub !!

Hi,

Hi pal ! first or last doesn't matter my friend as long as you are checking out the stuff !! and you don't have to compliment each time aslo !!

Ohh IC ! well I wish you all the best for the deal and wish you all the success in the venture !

Sure when return we'll meet-up !!

Regards.

Hi,

Hi pal ! first or last doesn't matter my friend as long as you are checking out the stuff !! and you don't have to compliment each time aslo !!

Ohh IC ! well I wish you all the best for the deal and wish you all the success in the venture !

Sure when return we'll meet-up !!

Regards.

Bro

i told you the reason behind the compliments...
i seriously dont have words to praise your stuff...

you are a genius... and seriously needs to be worked out for some great outcome to the world.. atleast to India...

And kaushik, yes please force him to put in some logos, and name his GREAT DIY....
yes mridul.... i gave the laser logo makers numbers to srikanth;)...

laser engraving or laser cutting is the way to go for diy people meanwhile i am doing research on easy-2-do-aesthetics makeovers...
--use cooltext.com :cool: for the logo trials --

i am adding some laser engraved items here to give a feel..:D...
how cool laser work looks...

Attachments

• Stainless Steel Knives-Anneal Engraved-2.jpg
    Stainless Steel Knives-Anneal Engraved-2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 200
  • laser_namebadge_sample_002.jpg
    laser_namebadge_sample_002.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 200
Hi,

Mridul and Kaushik thanks a lot guys ! Will try for sure !

Kaushik I told what is my problem in using the steel or metal piece for logo !!

Anyway thanks a lot for the motivation !!

Regards.

Kaushik...

They look..superb...
seriously...

Can you please provide me there contact details...???
i am planning to get some laser work done for my company...

But i know.. i willl have to shed a lottt...but still they gives a great look..n feel...

i already sent the contact details on PM....note these are the samples collected from internet...to give some idea on the possibilities...:)..only

hey Soundsgreat,
although most of the electronic terminology went over my head, the time, effort and research put into this build is extremely commendable. Congratulations on the sub man, and i hope its kept up to expectations!!

Cheers
rahul

Hi,

Rahul thanks for the compliments :)!! glad that you liked,don't worry bout the tech part Am sure some day you'll understand them ;) !

As with the sound,why don't you be the judge ?? you can drop in for an Audition any time and see for yourself ;)!!

Let me know if you are interested !!

Regards.

hey,
i think i will take you up on that offer sometime. right now, i'm thinkin of rejuvenating the vinyl collection, replacing the old Videocon hi-fi, etc. any ideas on a decent setup for a '60s-'70s rock fan?

Hi,

Rahul any time !! Hmm what kinda equipment are you looking at ? I know few guys,So PM me for further details !

Also there's a Denon PMA-1055R mint condition for sale ! belongs to one of my friends ! let me know if are interested !!

Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments ! Hope you also saw my other DIY projects ! if not please do so!

There are quite a few Us here who are into DIY ! so you can browse the stuff here and defiantly learn a lot from them !

Regards.

I am thinking of making a sub.
Not sure whether I should go for plate or separate amp. For now, separate amp sounds more appealing - and it has only one wire running to the sub.
If I use a separate amp, or even a plate amp, do I need any electronics, crossover etc?

It seems it is pretty difficult to find woofers in India. Does anyone know if and where we can get 12, 15, 18 inch quality woofers (if possible in Delhi??)
Does peerless make woofers in that size?

regards

Hi,

Thanks for the comments ! Hope you also saw my other DIY projects ! if not please do so!

There are quite a few Us here who are into DIY ! so you can browse the stuff here and defiantly learn a lot from them !

Regards.

Hi,

First of all glad to hear that you are venturing into the world of DIY ! but before you take a plunge let me warn you that it is not as easy as it seems !! so you have to be ready for it !!

Coming to your query, when you mean separate Amp what exactly are you implying ? using regular amp for the sub ?? if so then you can only look at some pro audio amps with inbuilt sub filter ! or else its not recommended to use a regular amp for the purpose !

As with the plate amp,there's nothing that you need to do (like add crossover,the plate amp itself is called electronics so none more required!),but sadly there's hardly any quality Plates available in india !!

Same goes to the driver,there's hardly any available ! so either you have to order it from outside or buy it at a premium from the pro guys what they use for their purpose (a very example of it is the Eminence Lab12 driver a fellow DIYer here has used for his sub) !!

Or if you want an easy way out,I have a friend in Delhi who can help in all the ways ! he has ready sub amp kit with him and stuff so you can easily get his help and build it !

If you are interested please mail me at [email protected] ! will forward you to him !

Regards.

I guess it is not easy - but building subwoofer should be relatively easy as no crossover etc is involved.
What tools did you use for yours? Did you also measure acoustics or just impedance etc to arrive at a design/ volume etc?

I meant a sub amp and not a regular amp - maybe the one the other person here on this forum has used for his sub.

What all can your friend offer and at what price?

regards

Hi,

First of all glad to hear that you are venturing into the world of DIY ! but before you take a plunge let me warn you that it is not as easy as it seems !! so you have to be ready for it !!

Coming to your query, when you mean separate Amp what exactly are you implying ? using regular amp for the sub ?? if so then you can only look at some pro audio amps with inbuilt sub filter ! or else its not recommended to use a regular amp for the purpose !

As with the plate amp,there's nothing that you need to do (like add crossover,the plate amp itself is called electronics so none more required!),but sadly there's hardly any quality Plates available in india !!

Same goes to the driver,there's hardly any available ! so either you have to order it from outside or buy it at a premium from the pro guys what they use for their purpose (a very example of it is the Eminence Lab12 driver a fellow DIYer here has used for his sub) !!

Or if you want an easy way out,I have a friend in Delhi who can help in all the ways ! he has ready sub amp kit with him and stuff so you can easily get his help and build it !

If you are interested please mail me at [email protected] ! will forward you to him !

Regards.

Hi,

Well offcourse there is a crossover !! but an electronical or an active one not passive in the sub !

But in any case I'll repeat it again,its not as easy as you think (sorry if I sound bit off but thats the truth),you need to know a lot things to design a proper box for the sub ! this involves taking TSP (Theile Small Parameter) of the driver and check the response and stuff !! most of the driver available in India will not give these TSP ! so thats another task on its own to find out !!

But the said Lab12 driver's or any such imported drivers TSP is very easily available and is not major cause of concern !

Ohh I see ! if you are talking bout a sub amp then fine no worries ! I don't who has used such an Amp here ! as far as I know the only other guy who has done a sub is the one which I already told you bout ! he has used the LAB12 with a pro-amp ( as I have suggested you) ! so just checkout and see !

Coming to mine,Its not a regular Sealed or Ported sub ! so had to take some extra caution while designing the box ! I had to use all the TSP offcourse + some other things calculate the line length and other such stuff !!

Bout my friend,he's a guy who's into Hardcore DIY (He's working for MNC) and does a lot of DIY work ! He's not into this business ! so your question of what price and such can best be answered only by him !! you mail me with what exactly you have in mind and I shall forward the mail and ask him to communicate with you !

Regards.

Hi,

Well offcourse there is a crossover !! but an electronical or an active one not passive in the sub !

I meant I do not have to build a crossover :)

But in any case I'll repeat it again,its not as easy as you think (sorry if I sound bit off but thats the truth),you need to know a lot things to design a proper box for the sub ! this involves taking TSP (Theile Small Parameter) of the driver and check the response and stuff !! most of the driver available in India will not give these TSP ! so thats another task on its own to find out !!

But the said Lab12 driver's or any such imported drivers TSP is very easily available and is not major cause of concern !

My biggest worry is getting decent drivers for reasonable price. Rest of it I will try to learn from web and forums, and you!

Ohh I see ! if you are talking bout a sub amp then fine no worries ! I don't who has used such an Amp here ! as far as I know the only other guy who has done a sub is the one which I already told you bout ! he has used the LAB12 with a pro-amp ( as I have suggested you) ! so just checkout and see !

That's right - a pro amp. Read a lot that cheaper digital class D amps are ok for subwoofer application. So a cheaper pro amp should be fine to drive a sub. Getting a plate amp would be difficult I guess.

Coming to mine,Its not a regular Sealed or Ported sub ! so had to take some extra caution while designing the box ! I had to use all the TSP offcourse + some other things calculate the line length and other such stuff !!
That's the fun part I guess.

Bout my friend,he's a guy who's into Hardcore DIY (He's working for MNC) and does a lot of DIY work ! He's not into this business ! so your question of what price and such can best be answered only by him !! you mail me with what exactly you have in mind and I shall forward the mail and ask him to communicate with you !

Regards.

It would be great. Where in Delhi is he? I still have to make up my mind as to what I want - in terms of what design etc.

regards

hi soundsgreat!! I do not understand the technical aspects but i can understand the effort that must have gone into making what looks like a decent piece of equipment.
My suggestion is why can't you start your own HiFi company? If chinese can start companies with 5 to 6 people, then i am sure we indians can replicate that. What do you say?

Last edited:
Hi,

Hey first of all welcome to the forum :)!!

As with Amp for the Sub,Please try with Craftel search the name here in the forum for the address. I suppose they should have.

If not please let me know what exactly you have planned and whats budget so that I suggest some other alternatives.

Also by Sub Amp Am thinking you want a plate Amp ! is that what you want ???

Regards.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back