The Beast is here - SVS PB 1000

Get2Ricky

Finally the Beast has arrived :yahoo:. Just got the delivery few hours ago, tested my fav movies and damn my Duplex house is shaking like i can't even explain. :D Totally satisfied so far, its filling the deep bass as what was missing earlier with my floor standers. Tested with few audio songs but didn't like much, may be because i am not at all into music. I don't know how to write reviews or something but thats all i have to say, I just went with the reviews since last 4 months of online research and went with this Beast eyes closed without even auditioning, as i knew i could never get anything better then this at this cost especially.

Thank you everyone who stopped me from buying cheap subs under 20K and finally helped me to get my dream sub xD

Attachments

• IMG_20151030_155522.jpg
    IMG_20151030_155522.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_20151030_185902.jpg
    IMG_20151030_185902.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_20151030_185908.jpg
    IMG_20151030_185908.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_20151030_185938.jpg
    IMG_20151030_185938.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_20151030_185945.jpg
    IMG_20151030_185945.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 448
Congrats
I m also looking for this sub in Mumbai can anyone tell me from where I can get it in Mumbai

Hmmm just curious, i am getting alot of low deep bass thats filling the entire space, rattling windows doors and even full duplex house but i am missing the KICK(punch) that i actually used to get with my floor standers. Am i doing something wrong with the settings?

Hmmm just curious, i am getting alot of low deep bass thats filling the entire space, rattling windows doors and even full duplex house but i am missing the KICK(punch) that i actually used to get with my floor standers. Am i doing something wrong with the settings?

Well I observed same when I demo total 4 SVS subwoofers. It goes deep,but I missed the mid bass punch.May be due to DSP controlled sub amp.For long listening that deep bass may cause fatigue.Bass may not sound natural.

You can try changing subwoofer cable.I tried a DIY cable made of 75 ohm loose cable(4mm) like this(silver one)-
http://g04.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1emnsHFXXXXbmXFXXq6xXFXXX9/RF-Feeder-3c-2v-coaxial-cable-75.jpg

and as a result, miss bass improved in better way.Cost of cable Rs.20/mtr. Used MX RCA connectors.
You can certainly try DIY cable.

Well I observed same when I demo total 4 SVS subwoofers. It goes deep,but I missed the mid bass punch.May be due to DSP controlled sub amp.For long listening that deep bass may cause fatigue.Bass may not sound natural.

You can try changing subwoofer cable.I tried a DIY cable made of 75 ohm loose cable(4mm) like this(silver one)-
http://g04.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1emnsHFXXXXbmXFXXq6xXFXXX9/RF-Feeder-3c-2v-coaxial-cable-75.jpg

and as a result, miss bass improved in better way.Cost of cable Rs.20/mtr. Used MX RCA connectors.

Hmmm Ordered this one few days back, will this one improve the punch??

Buy Mediabridge Ultra Series Subwoofer Cable - (15 Feet, White) - Dual Shielded with RCA to RCA Gold Plated Pro Grade Connectors Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

I have used mediabridge ultra 3 mtr cable.It also boost very low frequencies.I like my DIY cable than mediabridge.
Let subwoofer run for sometime, then see if it improves mid bass.I demo SVS subs which were almost out of the box.

I have used mediabridge ultra 3 mtr cable.It also boost very low frequencies.I like my DIY cable than mediabridge.
Let subwoofer run for sometime, then see if it improves mid bass.I demo SVS subs which were almost out of the box.

Hmmm its just 2-3 Hrs old baby :eek:hyeah:

hi dear, can please advise the source of the cable you mentioned to order online. :licklips:

hi dear, can please advise the source of the cable you mentioned to order online. :licklips:
If you are asking about that DIY 75ohm cable,I got it from local electronic shop.For short distance of 2mtr, 4.0mm thick will be enough. For longer distance, 5.0MM thick better. Please not that it doesn't have single core as positive connector,but is multi strand one.
Its worth trying and also is a cheap solution.

Hi Get2Ricky,

I would suggest you check the Bass management settings on the avr and also check how much bass freqs ur front speakers can handle....since this sub is front firing with a port....adjust the overall levels and also check the placement....it could be booming too much as sound is getting reflected and rebounded in the room...this is also dependent on what things are in the room.....also one golden experience by most of us is that you need to perhaps have a break in time for optimal performance....perhaps a good 40 to 50 hours...

Subwoofer cables also make a difference...depending on distance & placement from the avr....decide on the appropriate gauge and shielding...all the best

Last edited:

Hi,

If you have any source coming from US then get SVS double shielded woofer cable also you can try installation SVS isolation paths, these are basically feets for sub, check one of my thread on installation of these.

I had this issue of rattling and vibration which was solved with isolation paths and now I get perfect deep tight punches.

Cheers

Hi,

If you have any source coming from US then get SVS double shielded woofer cable also you can try installation SVS isolation paths, these are basically feets for sub, check one of my thread on installation of these.

I had this issue of rattling and vibration which was solved with isolation paths and now I get perfect deep tight punches.

Cheers
Nothing against svs, but if you are not getting the basics as expected isn't the solution incomplete?

Why should the consumer spend further for getting basic things right?

For improvements it is understandable but this is just basics.

Let me know if I got it all wrong.

Nothing against svs, but if you are not getting the basics as expected isn't the solution incomplete?

Why should the consumer spend further for getting basic things right?

For improvements it is understandable but this is just basics.

Let me know if I got it all wrong.

Hi.....

Critics are always there and no brand is with 5 stars or 100% satisfied it all depends all individuals taste and requirement.

Issue faced by Ricky is related to many things placement, cable, crossover settings etc, mine was just suggestion and add on and the things which I am satisfied, without addons also I was but as we learn more and go deep we try to get best.

Cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back