The best going speakers with Yamaha AV receivers

iamharishkm

Hi,

Can you guys tell me which is the best going floorstanders with this yamaha model - Yamaha RX-V465?
Budget is around 25 - 30 K

(what about Jamo s718 or Mission m35i for this?)

Hi,

Can you guys tell me which is the best going floorstanders with this yamaha model - Yamaha RX-V465?
Budget is around 25 - 30 K

(what about Jamo s718 or Mission m35i for this?)

go for wharfedale 9.5/9.6 - sound sweet with the yamaha.

another is the mission m34/35 - but my opinion would be stick to wharfedale.

EDIT: Stay away from the jamo s718/ s606. In order of pref with yamaha and the speakers you have chosen, wharfedale 9.6~mission m35>wharfedale 9.5>mission m34>>>>> jamo 718>>>>>>s606

Last edited:
go for wharfedale 9.5/9.6 - sound sweet with the yamaha.

another is the mission m34/35 - but my opinion would be stick to wharfedale.

EDIT: Stay away from the jamo s718/ s606. In order of pref with yamaha and the speakers you have chosen, wharfedale 9.6~mission m35>wharfedale 9.5>mission m34>>>>> jamo 718>>>>>>s606

so many brands to choose... so many suggestions... i am confused... :rolleyes:

till this time i have almost fixed my mind on Jamo S718 or C405.. but now i think i need to seriously consider warfedale and morduant short also.. :)

by the way one quick note - i dont like the midrange that much..

Also one more thing..

everybody praises monitor audio br5 and br6. Is it really really the best? how much do they cost in bangalore?

so many brands to choose... so many suggestions... i am confused... :rolleyes:
welcome to the hifi world - audition and decide :yahoo:

till this time i have almost fixed my mind on Jamo S718 or C405.. but now i think i need to seriously consider warfedale and morduant short also.. :)

c405 is a decent option over the 606 anyday. decide between the 718 and 405 as per your linking.

by the way one quick note - i dont like the midrange that much..
80% of the music lies in that range - if you like emphasis over highs and lows, go for polk - you will have fun with your yamaha avr. Even mission would be a very good bet - sounds sweet albeit a little bright ie. as per your liking

welcome to the hifi world - audition and decide :yahoo:

c405 is a decent option over the 606 anyday. decide between the 718 and 405 as per your linking.

80% of the music lies in that range - if you like emphasis over highs and lows, go for polk - you will have fun with your yamaha avr. Even mission would be a very good bet - sounds sweet albeit a little bright ie. as per your liking

great!.. thanks suprateep.. you are such a great support!

If you want a softer Mid range and sweet Hi freq select The Mission M34i . The Wharfedales are good VFM Products and the Top end in Jamo is good , but this 405 , 606 are not a class leaders. But listen to every thing before you buy.

If you want a softer Mid range and sweet Hi freq select The Mission M34i . The Wharfedales are good VFM Products and the Top end in Jamo is good , but this 405 , 606 are not a class leaders. But listen to every thing before you buy.

sure.. i will consider your suggestions.. thanks..

but one more thing.. i really want to add - that i love/need deep solid bass.. with zero booming..

sure.. i will consider your suggestions.. thanks..

but one more thing.. i really want to add - that i love/need deep solid bass.. with zero booming..

Hi Hari

Whats your room size., The best way to bring out the extra low end bass in a Receiver is to add a Sub woofer. If you want all the bass from the Front speakers then definitely there will be some distortion and may be some boom :)

Hi,

The Yammies are supposed to be bright. So as the popular notion goes laid back speakers match with them. Wharfies may suit yamaha AVR very well.

cheers,
sri

In the bass heft department, the Diamond 9.6 was very hard to beat. I dont know how the 10.6 performs. But with the 9.6 you could safely enjoy music even without a subwoofer.

But do audition them. My definition of 'enough' bass may not be the same as yours.

The 9.6 was a very decent speaker - priced very well too. However at that budget I did like the Acoustic Energy Neo 3 a little bit better - for their lovely, warm voicing.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back