THE BEST HTiB - Philips 4750

Sujit

those in the market for a HT solution - Please rush to the nearest Philips Arena and get yourselves an audition of the Philips HTS4750.

Listening is believing - this set clear blows every single HT system this side of 60k clear into the water! A lot of people I know have been shocked at the effectiveness of this set up and have chosen this over everything else. Best part its around 22k only (including the player!) Clearly Philips is missing a trick here - they do have a clear winner on hands!

I repeat NO COMPARISON - get yourself that audition - Get Surprised!!

Philips - Home theatre - Sound and vision

those in the market for a HT solution - Please rush to the nearest Philips Arena and get yourselves an audition of the Philips HTS4750.

Listening is believing - this set clear blows every single HT system this side of 60k clear into the water! A lot of people I know have been shocked at the effectiveness of this set up and have chosen this over everything else. Best part its around 22k only (including the player!) Clearly Philips is missing a trick here - they do have a clear winner on hands!

I repeat NO COMPARISON - get yourself that audition - Get Surprised!!

Philips - Home theatre - Sound and vision

Sujit,

Is this a HTIB with DVD and AVR combo in a single unit?

Sujit,

Is this a HTIB with DVD and AVR combo in a single unit?

Nope.. Its one of those DVD players with a built in amp - but you have to hear it to believe it! They have a few models - did not check if any of them have a radio built in.

Nope.. Its one of those DVD players with a built in amp - but you have to hear it to believe it! They have a few models - did not check if any of them have a radio built in.

Ok. Just one more question. What about the connectivity? Is there support for AVR and other external speakers? Not much details given on the website and the specifications page/link is not opening at the moment.

The only reason I am asking is cause I had such a unit before that was brought in from abroad and once the DVD player broke down I had to get rid of the entire unit as it had limited connectivity options.

Ok. Just one more question. What about the connectivity? Is there support for AVR and other external speakers? Not much details given on the website and the specifications page/link is not opening at the moment.

The only reason I am asking is cause I had such a unit before that was brought in from abroad and once the DVD player broke down I had to get rid of the entire unit as it had limited connectivity options.

Well Sorry - I did not look at the rear of the unit at all. Guess you will have to get the details from their website. I went to audition it only because another friend sang praises about this. He used to use a full fledged Yamaha/Polk HT set up in the US and he felt this did 95% of everything that did - at a fraction of the cost! So much so that he picked this on his return to India. I went only to ensure that I wont have to kick myself for not doing so later! I have decided to go the AVR route because I already have floor standers, and I need the connectivity. (trying to retain the stereo option amongst other things)

If one does not need the connectivity (most TV's have multiple inputs in any case) , this this is clearly worth a listen - if nothing else just for a reference point! Go to the nearest PHILIPS ARENA - you will not be disappointed! - I wasn't!

Last but not the least : I have nothing to do with Philips in any capacity - other than that of a happy customer (I have had their TVs for the last 10 years):p

Last edited:
Well Sorry - I did not look at the rear of the unit at all. Guess you will have to get the details from their website. I went to audition it only because another friend sang praises about this. He used to use a full fledged Yamaha/Polk HT set up in the US and he felt this did 95% of everything that did - at a fraction of the cost! So much so that he picked this on his return to India. I went only to ensure that I wont have to kick myself for not doing so later! I have decided to go the AVR route because I already have floor standers, and I need the connectivity. (trying to retain the stereo option amongst other things)

If one does not need the connectivity (most TV's have multiple inputs in any case) , this this is clearly worth a listen - if nothing else just for a reference point! Go to the nearest PHILIPS ARENA - you will not be disappointed! - I wasn't!

Last but not the least : I have nothing to do with Philips in any capacity - other than that of a happy customer (I have had their TVs for the last 10 years):p

Philips has a history of delivering great products (just lost their way of late). I remember their Powerhouse series rocked and only my Sony from Japan way back in the 80s performed better. Even now their budget DVD players perform better than most other companies (I am using one).

For connectivity I guess I will have to visit the nearest dealer/showroom and get a demo too while I am at it.

Thanks Sujit. You have been very helpful.

You are welcome Moserw!

I also use their DVP 5986k DVD player. It plays just about everything you throw at it!

A few months back, my Philips 100hz TV blew - just a month out of guarantee! I wrote to Philips customer care - and guess what - They REPLACED it with a new set!

Now how is THAT for customer care! :)(... I know other such examples as well)

The manual says it has 3 inputs.
1. TV IN (Connecting audio from TV)
2. AUX IN (Connect the audio output from an audio/video device (e.g. VCR, Cable/Satellite Box))
3. Digital IN (Coaxial cable)

External speakers can be connected only through the subwoofer.

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi, I got philips 3565 HT & very happy.I bought for sister.

Can you tell what's the price? Discounted offer? From where did you buy? Iam also not able to locate this model in the link provided by sujit. Can you give more details about this product?

Can you tell what's the price? Discounted offer? From where did you buy? Iam also not able to locate this model in the link provided by sujit. Can you give more details about this product?

That must be the older model. The website has the latest ones. One of my friends picked the HTS3569/98 last week. He chose this over all the brands in the market - after listening to them. (apparently the 4750 was not available anywhere in Blr and he did not want to wait!)

That must be the older model. The website has the latest ones. One of my friends picked the HTS3569/98 last week. He chose this over all the brands in the market - after listening to them. (apparently the 4750 was not available anywhere in Blr and he did not want to wait!)

I choose Philips HT 3565 over Sony DAz 370.Its for 13000 only with USB 2.0,
coaxial input.So you can use machine for years.

This box signal to Ratio is 65db... where as it is delivered 125 watts rms per channel but really sound cannot be enjoyed.. The sound gets deliver can be comparable with the loud speaker.

I auditioned this yest at e-zone. The guy there didn't have a TV connected, so he just played music. It found it very underwhelming. The sony dav777 sounded a lot more crisp when it came to music esp at high volumes. Can't comment on movies though.

I auditioned this yest at e-zone. The guy there didn't have a TV connected, so he just played music. It found it very underwhelming. The sony dav777 sounded a lot more crisp when it came to music esp at high volumes. Can't comment on movies though.

Please do not take the demo anywhere other than in a proper demo room. If you want to assess this , or any other HTiB, please do so in their respective company showrooms where they are likely to have a dedicated demo room. Most of these places like E-zone etc have a sofa thrown in the middle of a humongous extremely noisy hall, and have the HT setup around it. You will have all kinds of things blaring from an assortment of equipment, not to mention the cacophony of the multitude of people present. There is NO WAY anyone will be able to assess anything in that environment - other than the highs (.. the crispness that you mentioned - which is the single largest contributor to 'Listening Fatigue').

Please take the demo in a Sony World & a Philips Arena - and compare.

(.. the crispness that you mentioned - which is the single largest contributor to 'Listening Fatigue').

hmmm thats interesting. Can you elaborate on that ? I'm still in the process of hunting a proper HT, might be useful for future auditions.

hmmm thats interesting. Can you elaborate on that ? I'm still in the process of hunting a proper HT, might be useful for future auditions.

Harsh Highs, Boomy Lows, and Rough Mids - can all cause listening fatigue in about 20 mins or so. While some people can handle the low frequencies better than others, most people have a problem with shrill highs (the 3-20kHz).

Pls Google the term - it will throw up material that will give you a lot of perspective on this.

Harsh Highs, Boomy Lows, and Rough Mids - can all cause listening fatigue in about 20 mins or so. While some people can handle the low frequencies better than others, most people have a problem with shrill highs (the 3-20kHz).

Pls Google the term - it will throw up material that will give you a lot of perspective on this.

thanks mate :)

Can you do let me know the price of HTS 3569/98? If bought in bangalore, let me also check. The 4750 is now available in Philips Arena, Bangalore.

So as one of the members written here, the TV audio out can be taken to plug in here. Is that so? Means one can watch HBO, Starmovies (and other movie channels) in 5.1 channel? Or only 5.1 channel applicable if watched through playing DVD's in this system? If naive question, do excuse. Just to get Knowledge transfer from all you experts here. ;)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back