The Chennai Ripper - You Have Been Warned

Sounds like the movie Taken!
Hope you get your money back without going there :D or else he would regret it

oh belive me he would regret it....

i'm as mild mannered (you know that) as they come... but a a$$whole when needed (you dont know this, but trust me)....

oh belive me he would regret it....

i'm as mild mannered (you know that) as they come... but a a$$whole when needed (you dont know this, but trust me)....

I hope you get the money without having to go down to Chennai and being the we-dont-know-this-but-trust-you...

But this unexpected phone call makes me wonder...is this guy lurking in the forum???

Hi all,

Negative feedback was also posted against Mr. Prakasam in the thread on "Dealers in used amps" under the Amplifiers section with specific details in some posts. He seems to be a person to steer clear of.

Regards.

Reply from QUIKR .....

"We regret the inconvenience caused to you. However, you may have noticed that appropriate action has been taken and the ads are no longer live on site. We have also deleted all other active ads of the user and banned him from further posting on Quikr.

However, as you are aware, Quikr is an online classifieds website similar to a news paper classifieds business in the offline world. As per the Terms & Conditions of use of the site we have clearly stated and users have explicitly agreed that they are solely responsible for the Information and listing of advertisements, and we act as a mere platform for online distribution and publication of the Information. As per the Terms & Conditions of use the Site is in no way liable or responsible for any acts of omission or commission by a user or any third parties with whom you interact with offline. An extract of the relevant User Terms & Conditions of use are being reiterated below for your reference;

Please note that we do not appoint any users nor are we legally or contractually bound to verify the authenticity or veracity of any users or any Information or listings put up by a user or any third party. We have our privacy policy and therefore we cannot share with you any details about the poster of the ads.

Thank you for writing in and do write to us for any further clarification.

Regards

Quikr Support

Regards,

Quikr Customer Support.
www.quikr.com"

He will now start posting under a different name / identity. The only way to deal with thugs like this is generally avoid buying anything from used gear dealers unless you know the owner. If you really like a gear, ask him to divulge the identity. Check for references and make sure the owner is a genuine audiophile. Deal only if you are satisfied.

Just spoke to prakasm, he says he can courier me a slightly used in box NAD integrated amp for a part of the money and send me the rest by saturday... i know he is exaggerating about the slightly used bit.. but i am willing to take the chance to close this issue finally.... i just hope he honours his bit of the bargain...

Just received the NAD C-352 integrated amp. since i am at work, I can;t open the box here... i will take it home, open it either at night or tomorrow morning... then test it.

I am really hoping it works out fine and that Prakasam sends me the balance amount by the weekend. Will be very very pissed if I am fooled again...

Manav Bro,

Hope it all works out for you, else you have the option that I gave you

:)

Just received the NAD C-352 integrated amp. since i am at work, I can;t open the box here... i will take it home, open it either at night or tomorrow morning... then test it.

I am really hoping it works out fine and that Prakasam sends me the balance amount by the weekend. Will be very very pissed if I am fooled again...

BTW, I dont see the NAD fit in anywhere in your setup?
Why then you got them? :)

BTW, I dont see the NAD fit in anywhere in your setup?
Why then you got them? :)

Blasto... i needed one integrated amp for the living room set up... was not planning for a NAD.... but then, since Prakasam had one (and like hesays its almost new) I decided to make it easy for him....

If this works well with the speakers in the living room, I'm cool with it... if it does not, then I guess i can always sell it...

Blasto... i needed one integrated amp for the living room set up... was not planning for a NAD.... but then, since Prakasam had one (and like hesays its almost new) I decided to make it easy for him....

If this works well with the speakers in the living room, I'm cool with it... if it does not, then I guess i can always sell it...

All the best Malvai,

though intuitively, if a dealer of used stuff, gives kind instead of cash, it's likely that he would be claiming a far higher value for the stuff than what he would get in the market. (otherwise wouldn't it be simpler for him to just sell it and give you the cash?)

if you are familiar around a screwdriver, I'd suggest taking a look inside amp as well, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
All the best Malvai,

though intuitively, if a dealer of used stuff, gives kind instead of cash, it's likely that he would be claiming a far higher value for the stuff than what he would get in the market. (otherwise wouldn't it be simpler for him to just sell it and give you the cash?)

if you are familiar around a screwdriver, I'd suggest taking a look inside amp as well, just to be on the safe side.

I agree kapvin... that is indeed the case... but then, what other option do i have?

I do indeed intend opening it and taking a long hard look... i also asked a FM - Mr. Balagopalan to go have a listen & look see before he shipped it. he reported back with a :thumbsup:

he has additionally sms'd me the serial no, just to ensure i get what he auditioned. (Thanks bala!)

The amp arrived day before yesterday. Got 2-3 hours yesterday to check it... the front face plate is spotless... the top plate has micro-scratches (seen on close inspection)... overall cosmetically i'd say it is 8.5/10.

On checking 'under the hood', the amp is clean. no tampering.

The remote looks used. But works perfectly.

The amp did not come with the power cord, so i used one of my spare cords.

On plugging it up the sound is smooth... The amp is fine (thankfully) and it mates well with the living room speakers... I think I can live with it. Now Prakasam needs to deposit the balance amount owed to me. He had said he'll do it over the weekend. Let's see if that happens. Just want to close this once and for all!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back