The Darbari: new speaker project

Hari, where are these silver plated copper wires in various gauges available? Shop name? Location? Brand name? Pictures?

tcpip, the woof in your place must be the most real sounding :)
Completely. What deep, resonant, room filling woofs! :D

But you know what? He likes listening to the Darbari. And he often gets up with a start when he hears some sudden sound from my system. This tells me my system has something realistic in its sound output. Animals unerringly know the difference between reproduced sound and real sound. :)

Tarun, I had exactly similar views about polycab untill I discovered the multi-strand silver plated copper wire. In fact I remember arguing with FM @ Bhagwan when he asked me to replace my Polycab with Belden year and half ago. Argument was on the impedance and capacitance of both Belden and polycab being same. The similarities ends there I believe. Polycab as speaker cables are now history for me
Hey, my beliefs have absolutely no problems with you trying out something with my system. You (and all of you) are always welcome to get your gear, your cables, your amps, whatever, to my place, hook them up to my system, and look for audible differences. You're my friends; my door (and my systems) are always open for you.

Hari, where are these silver plated copper wires in various gauges available? Shop name? Location? Brand name? Pictures?
Keith, i got them from LR. i dont know the shop name now, but if you know CK Electronics, there are 3 to 4 shops who sell only cables which is opposite to CK Electronics to Champion Rubbers. The brand name is not important as much you ask for "Teflon wires - multi strand, silver plated copper wires. They have various gauge i think starting from 16swg till 28swg.

After my discovery of these wires, i had contacted our FM @jls001 who i believe has more experience than me working on cables and wires. After our lengthy discussions, he asked me to use a thicker return line than the signal wire. He also told me to use it with a golden ratio of 1:1.6. Hence i went with different guage 18,20,22 to arrive at the cross-section which is a golden ratio (almost). I am now using this cable for 3+ months and am quite happy with the outcome.

IMG-20190615-WA0008.jpg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back