• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

The effect of cables - A sane debate

SPONSORED ADS

Hari Iyer

I would be able to get a bobbin of tungsten wire from my local electric shop. Will buy and measure wire resistance, capacitance and inductance for 1 meter wire. Soldering tungsten wire can be challenging as they have a very high melting point. Will check if tinned tungsten is available.

Go for Gold.They are best ;).
Spiro, you must be joking? Aren't you?

Btw, imitation jewellery is made by gold plating of tungsten. Both Tungsten and gold have similar densities and other metallic properties.

Last edited by a moderator:

spirovious

drkrack

you must be joking? Aren't you?

Btw, imitation jewellery is made by gold plating of tungsten.
I'm afraid Gold seems to be a better option. According to this pretty good discussion.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/diy-interconnects-review

In the above discussion, OP compares $ 10 pair to 3000$ a pair interconnect cables in an DIY oriented fashion ; trying to replicate the same magic in a DIY interconnect. Very amazing post, busts most of the myths associated with cables in a fairly reliable manner.

Reactions: arj

arj

I'm afraid Gold seems to be a better option. According to this pretty good discussion.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/diy-interconnects-review

In the above discussion, OP compares $ 10 pair to 3000$ a pair interconnect cables in an DIY oriented fashion ; trying to replicate the same magic in a DIY interconnect. Very amazing post, busts most of the myths associated with cables in a fairly reliable manner.
Nice one..thanks for digging that out and Sharing !

SPONSORED ADS