• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

The effect of cables - A sane debate

HiFiMART.com

jls001

See these 4 pages:
View attachment 29831

View attachment 29832

(from Belden's Iconoclast Speaker Cable presentation PDF, pages 13, 14, 15, 16)
We had discussed the Belden Iconoclast cables in the past with some interest.

Here's a very detailed review.

Belden is manufacturing the raw cables and Blue Jeans is terminating them and selling them as per the formula of the inventor Galen Gareis.

MaSh

Any idea what cables these are? They seem to be some kind of Fibre cable. Question is can it be used as speaker cable?

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

MaSh

spirovious

I used Havells wire on which it is clearly mentioned as 2.5 Sq.mm which I looked up on Google which showed up as 14 awg.
How are Havells cable as speaker wire compared to other? l found polycab 1.5 sqmm as dynamic.Polycab 2.5sqmm was very warm and cold compared to 1.5sqmm.

raghupb

Any idea what cables these are? They seem to be some kind of Fibre cable. Question is can it be used as speaker cable?

- snip -

MaSh
These are Reliance Jio FTTH cables. Used to bring optical fiber to your home.
Can't be used for anything else
Cheers,
Raghu

Hari Iyer

How are Havells cable as speaker wire compared to other? l found polycab 1.5 sqmm as dynamic.Polycab 2.5sqmm was very warm and cold compared to 1.5sqmm.
IME, Polycab as speaker cable sounds very harsh and can't distinguish tone making everything sound the same.

Fantastic

Very interesting. Must listen to these sometime. Does any FM have these cables ?

Has anyone seen Allan Wright's , Cable book ?

We had discussed the Belden Iconoclast cables in the past with some interest.

Here's a very detailed review.

Belden is manufacturing the raw cables and Blue Jeans is terminating them and selling them as per the formula of the inventor Galen Gareis.
e cables ?

lalit09

Guys just wanted to share i bought dh labs q10 signature for my stereo, this are silver plated occ. Unlike other silver cable like vdh i have used before this one is not bright at all, infact it is much more smoother than other copper and tin cables i have used also when i used vdh mid bass was little lost but this time its powerful and present.

After intial hookup i though i lost some details but soon after hardly 10 hours or so resolution and details started to show up. I think it will improve further.

I am loving it atleast in my system.

drkrack

One Quick Question..
Are there any benefits of having the Same Type ( same model and make) of XLR or RCA interconnect between Source to Preamplifier and preamp to power amp??
Or it is always better to have different interconnects depending upon trial and error?
PS : I'm finding that having the Same Type of interconnects is having a slight edge overall

spirovious

One Quick Question..
Are there any benefits of having the Same Type ( same model and make) of XLR or RCA interconnect between Source to Preamplifier and preamp to power amp??
Or it is always better to have different interconnects depending upon trial and error?
PS : I'm finding that having the Same Type of interconnects is having a slight edge overall
I can say that different cable do change signature in the chain.Recently had tried that experiment and so can tell.Sometimes ,different cable can be a plus point if one of the chains is poorly matched.That is if pre is bright,then little warm sounding cable would help.

firearm12

One Quick Question..
I think if all your equipment is of same manufacturer it makes sense to keep cables same otherwise trial and error work best.

drkrack

I think if all your equipment is of same manufacturer it makes sense to keep cables same otherwise trial and error work best.
Did try it with Audioquest and Chord clearway XLR cables. Always preferred Different cable combination than the same cables.

Anyone using Belden 8402 or Mogami 2803 XLR interconnects? How is the experience?