The High End Home Theatre's In Indian Homes.

I have not posted these pictures here to prove anything to you or any other forum member. I dont need to. All of these installs are in the region of $ 200,000 and above and I know what I am doing.

I have had a chance to look at your home theater and indeed it has been been done very professionally ---with the bean bags ,the carpet stuck to the wall with fevicol on the wall and the equipemnt lying all over the room.
Good work!

You hand the that exact same $200,000 to any of the informed members of this forum, i bet they would do a better job than you.

We looked at your pictures....... your setups werent that great and everyone is granted an opinion and thats my opinion. You asked me for an example of good setups i sent you the video 'go try to improvise'. Its not only money you also need an artistic eye for elegant installs.

Ya my carpet sucks i know cos its an old used one. About the bean bags, equipment now that wouldn't have been the case if i would have spent $200,000:eek::eek: would it?
Baby steps man everything is going to be fixed eventually...
satish

You are very young, satish! enough time in your life to clean it :D

Ya my carpet sucks i know cos its an old used one.

On the lighter side....Sorry offtopic (Unleash_me: if you are subscribed, please don't unsubscribe, this is just one instance :), sorry)

how about a polyurethane foam sofa :) (looks great, not that comfortable to sit)

About the bean bags, equipment now that wouldn't have been the case if i would have spent $200,000would it?

seatingnewest1sf0.jpg

Last edited:
I have had a chance to look at your home theater and indeed it has been been done very professionally ---with the bean bags ,the carpet stuck to the wall with fevicol on the wall and the equipemnt lying all over the room.
Good work!

That comment is in poor taste. You are supposedly a professional HT installer doing projects worth $200,000 while Satish (audioelec) admits he's just starting off building his HT, and doing stuff on his own.

If you can't handle the criticism you should not post on public forums.

Suniil: That photo you have posted looks great!

On the lighter side....Sorry offtopic (Unleash_me: if you are subscribed, please don't unsubscribe, this is just one instance :), sorry)

LOL. Good one bro! I'm still tryin to get out of that damage:rolleyes:, ppl are so damn touchy here man.:mad:

I do not presently have a setup since I am in the process of moving country's, although I have some stereo equipment (posted on another thread). But I have seen some very good setups abroad as well as in India. I have not taken any pictures of them, but will take some for you next time :). I believe that for a pro setup, it could have been better. I have seen better.

Faisal: Your clarification explains the non-similar speakers. What I said about the clutter was not to offed you, it was a genuine personal thought.

"I have not posted these pictures here to prove anything to you or any other forum member. I dont need to. All of these installs are in the region of $ 200,000 and above and I know what I am doing."

When something is posted on a forum, it is open to praise and criticism and you should not take it personally. I'm sure your reason for posting them was to promote the products you sell and display your capabilites; not to prove anything.

I would like to again mention that I have not posted the pictures here -- also, I would love to see the "better setup" pics soon.

Secondly, I always take criticism in a positive way but provided it is from someone who has done something better than what I have done . Had your home theater install been good, I would probably have visited you by now already ..but it is not...... so ........ Again I repeat , we are in India and we dont have the skilled labour and material available abroad - so what we have in India - we try to use it.

I would definitely like to know and see some "better" setups you have seen in India and then try to learn and improve from them.

Sunil,

I truly hope that unleash does not unsubscribe to this thread too, as he was at the verge to unsubscribe my thread the movies i liked, for the wrong reasons, i explained to him for which he should not unsubscribe, and it seems he has understood my humble point of view, i only hope he continues to subscribe to my thread, the movies i liked, as he is giving so many good movie names, especially the effects one, mainly to sub woofer.

Thank you.

Regards to Sunil & Unleash.

Vinay.

I would like to again mention that I have not posted the pictures here -- also, I would love to see the "better setup" pics soon.

Secondly, I always take criticism in a positive way but provided it is from someone who has done something better than what I have done . Had your home theater install been good, I would probably have visited you by now already ..but it is not...... so ........ Again I repeat , we are in India and we dont have the skilled labour and material available abroad - so what we have in India - we try to use it.

I would definitely like to know and see some "better" setups you have seen in India and then try to learn and improve from them.

Faisal,

I like the way you have explained your point of view to the member.

I think most of the members will like to see the pictures of Indian home theatre's, as the thread is also about the Indian home theatre's.

At this point of time, faisal, your Indian home theatre pictures are the best, we hope members will show us better pictures of Indian home theatres, i will not be surprised if some of the members have a much better home theatre that you have made or for that matter the member may have a much better home theatre than mine too.

Thanks.

Vinay.

I do not presently have a setup since I am in the process of moving country's, although I have some stereo equipment (posted on another thread). But I have seen some very good setups abroad as well as in India. I have not taken any pictures of them, but will take some for you next time :). I believe that for a pro setup, it could have been better. I have seen better.

Malaikulfi,

In India, the set up's which you have seen are the home theatre's projector based, if yes what kind of a screen they are using, fabric or fibre? Are there home theatre's in a dedicated room or in the living room, have they done accoustic treatement, please consider to share with me some other details too.

I will wait to see some of the pictures of Indian home theatres, please do remember to show it to me in due course.

I have seen many pictures of abroad home theatre's

Vinay.

I would like to again mention that I have not posted the pictures here --

Again I repeat , we are in India and we dont have the skilled labour and material available abroad - so what we have in India - we try to use it.

Yes, this in India and we happen to have some very fine architects and interior designers as well as plenty of skilled labour. India is in the middle of a contruction boom and I assure you that people are making homes as good as or better than those you see anywhere else.

I have definitely seen better HT's. Actually saw one in Mumbai recently which has all Wilson speakers with the Alexandria's as main speakers, top of the line Rowland and Theta equipment. The HT was on the top floor of a penthouse apartment with a sloping glass roof and a remote controlled curtain. It was very tastefully done and the sound was fantastic. I won't give out the persons name since I dont know if he would like to be named, and I didn't take any photos so have none to share with you. You're in the business, you should be able to find out who it is.

All the best.

I have definitely seen better HT's. Actually saw one in Mumbai recently which has all Wilson speakers with the Alexandria's as main speakers, top of the line Rowland and Theta equipment. The HT was on the top floor of a penthouse apartment with a sloping glass roof and a remote controlled curtain. It was very tastefully done and the sound was fantastic. I won't give out the persons name since I dont know if he would like to be named, and I didn't take any photos so have none to share with you. You're in the business, you should be able to find out who it is.

All the best.

Lets cut the stories and garndma tales - if you have some pictures to show - then it exists - if not - then it is as good as Katrina Kaif dancing every night "in my so called friends room" to put him to sleep.

LOL. Good one bro! I'm still tryin to get out of that damage:rolleyes:, ppl are so damn touchy here man.:mad:

How did you get damaged, as your role was as good as not there.

Indeed i agree with you that people are touchy here, but than very often what happens is that you will find people who are triple touchy too.

I think being touchy has to be there, when one says something which has no meaning, etc., and guess what, i have seen triple touchies for no reason at all.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Best Regards.

Lets cut the stories and garndma tales - if you have some pictures to show - then it exists - if not - then it is as good as Katrina Kaif dancing every night "in my so called friends room" to put him to sleep.

Actually faisal, no one has any pictures, they are just throwing some foreign pictures here and there, while we are talking about Indian home theatre pictures.

Furthermore faisal, if you will carefully observe that the members who say that your set up is not in order etc, are not able to point out anything effective, it is like a sword playing by them in the air.

I am sure most of the members are very grateful to you for showing the good pictures of the home theatres which you have made, you are the first person on this hifivision site to show the pictures, while other dealers, etc, may end up showing you the usual foreign home theatre pictures.

Vinay.

Actually faisal, no one has any pictures, they are just throwing some foreign pictures here and there, while we are talking about Indian home theatre pictures.

Furthermore faisal, if you will carefully observe that the members who say that your set up is not in order etc, are not able to point out anything effective, it is like a sword playing by them in the air.

I am sure most of the members are very grateful to you for showing the good pictures of the home theatres which you have made, you are the first person on this hifivision site to show the pictures, while other dealers, etc, may end up showing you the usual foreign home theatre pictures.

Vinay.

I agree.

Will send you some pictures of another reference theater soon - could be the the best we have done till now.

Very very nice setups with some seriously scary good equipment. i just have a query about images 3 and 4 that vinay posted. Wont those subs right in front of the left main and the equipment in between the two speakers mess up the soundstage? Also the center doesn't seem to be positioned exactly at the center.
I assume these glitches were fixed after the images were taken.

I agree.

Will send you some pictures of another reference theater soon - could be the the best we have done till now.

Post the pics ............ if its the best you've done probably has more potential. Maybe you could get some positive opinions for your best work.

Post the pics ............ if its the best you've done probably has more potential. Maybe you could get some positive opinions for your best work.

Who said I want to post them for your opinion -- boss you don't understand- I dont care what you think or what you have seen in your dreams - I am doing what I like to do and the way I want to do - please dont bother to look at the pics.

Vinay - I think you should have kept the pics to yourself - this forum is full of negative people.

Very very nice setups with some seriously scary good equipment. i just have a query about images 3 and 4 that vinay posted. Wont those subs right in front of the left main and the equipment in between the two speakers mess up the soundstage? Also the center doesn't seem to be positioned exactly at the center.

Yes, the client has added another row of seats right next to the subs - the room has no space anywhere else for the sub placement.Also, the client's son is 19 year old and like to play around with the theater equipment as and when he wants.

It is nice that you appreciate the work done by sound of music, the point which you are raising surely makes sense, over which sound of music has replied to you, as to what had happened.

The other thing what happens is that you have pointed out something which makes sense, for some of the members it was like a train in a tunnel, one said clutter, others got up and said clutter, clutter, and see how one of them how hard he started writing, as though he has found some major fault, so for us if you hit hard for unfounded reasons, surely we can come with double force.

Any sensibile person will take criticism in his stride, but what if they talk about adding water in the milk, instead of adding milk in the water.

Vinay.

Vinay - I think you should have kept the pics to yourself - this forum is full of negative people.

Faizal, you are not understanding, the members at this forum, they surely know what is the truth, which is simple that your home theatres are good.

It is only 2/3/4 people who are getting negative.

Frankly speaking faizal, it was on Sunday afternoon that you sent me the pictures, i was very excited about it, at that point of time i was at the verge of going for a meeting, which i cancelled it, because i was in a tearing hurry that i want to show the members the great home theatre pictures, as i did not know how to load it, i went to a cyber cafe, gave him enough tip, it took me around 2 hours for uploading these pictures, i never imagined that things could take such ugly turn, but than faizal, as said you can be assured that maximum members have liked your theatre pictures, otherwise many of the members would have gotten up to tell you the several faults, etc.

As sunil, said there will be all sorts of people at forums, the game is simple, ignore those people who are saying anything and read between the lines, if most of the members have liked it or no.

Vinay.

Who said I want to post them for your opinion -- boss you don't understand- I dont care what you think or what you have seen in your dreams - I am doing what I like to do and the way I want to do - please dont bother to look at the pics.

Sound of music the fact that your a pro installer and still got negative comments in an audio forum either says 2/3/4 forum members are planning a conspiracy theory against you or the fact that your installs have the potential to be better.

I frankly think its the second, try and improvise rather than take criticisms in a negative way. Most members here are neutral and their opinions are frank and truthful, whether you can handle it or not.

Take our criticisms lightly the fact that you and your customer are happy is a reason good enough. Imho making a HT for a general customer and pleasing a crowd of audio enthusiasts can be 2 different ball games...

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back