The league of (extra)ordinary gentlemen

Shocking soulforged....don't you know that a 5 ampere sockets just will not do for a hi fi setup? The additional current capability of the 15 ampere socket will ensure that there is more current available for the amplifier to do handle the transient peaks in the audio recordings and for clearer treble and deeper bass.

You have opened my eyes brother! I am going to change all plug points in my house...please suggest an expensive brand...

@ venkatcr, soulforged and all the usual suspects

guys, please stop!
it's really hard to focus on a concall when you're clutching your sides and gasping with repressed laughter! :) thank god i'm not in a video conference :)

unleash ..

wheeeeeeee ...wow the cable stabilizer is useful , the elderly people can wear it for a rock stable voice output like a young hunk.... if existing fuses are not gold plated , gold smith nearby is of great use.

here this forum i have seen discussions for marble stone usage with hifi because akbar era it was used in building..

why it is called "gold plated sockets"..instead of "golden plated sockets"...in 20 to 200 Rs how come gold plating is possible?
there exists are 10$ 'platinum plated' RCA sockets..is it real platinum??

You have opened my eyes brother! I am going to change all plug points in my house...please suggest an expensive brand...

Contact me to make your 5amp socket to a special 16amp audiophile grade, not the normal 16 amp socket. It a special kind of sticker that has to be fixed (in a particular angle and at a particular location) to your 5amp socket.

Guys request to be serious!!!
Madophile (Maha AudiO PHILE) Baba Hemant is writing some books on "New age audiophilia!"

1) Vastu and Audio - What is right direction for stereo? Where to place your system components acc to vastu ! Startling discovery - Why change speaker direction according to music! Like South ( Dakshin) is direction death - Death metal sounds better when listener is sitting southwords!

2) Give Reiki to your audio !!Like -How to properly touch your vinyl with your spiritual energy concentrated!

3) Shubh muhurths for buying system components ,also for listening!!

4) Kala Jaadu for audio!( Not for faint hearted!) How you can opmise your system on 12 AM on "Amavas" night in a graveyard!!!

PS. Do you also deal in snake oil by any chance? I need it to improve the sound quality from my power cables that are hooked up to the cheap 5 ampere socket of my govt. constructed home.

I have the perfect solution for you. I sell cable elevators that are made of a alloy of titanium, chromium, and molybdenum sprinkled with a few grams of gold. The amalgam is mixed carefully is an oven that always maintains 300 degrees. It is then cooled for 7 days in a room full of meditating bramacharis, and then for another 7 days in a room full of meditating vestal virgins. They are then carefully packed in silver foil which are kissed a tearful goodbye by the bramacharis on end end and the vestal virgins on the other. To ensure that the magical qualities of these elevators are perfect they are couriered to you in freon gas.

Rip the power cables from the wall and mount them on these elevators. Use one elevator for every two feet of power cable. Irrespective of the power supplied by the EB department, the power to your system will be a constant 220 volts +/- 0.000000001 volts. You can add a couple of zeros if you want. There will be no grains or any other kind of noise in the power reaching your system.

In fact the elevators have been proven so good that people who buy systems from the US are using these elevators instead of step down transformers. The elevators are believed to talk to the systems, find out what voltage they need, and alter the electric current flowing through the cables that they hold.

I am in advanced stages of discussion with DESU and TNEB to mass manufacture these elevators so that both departments do not have to worry about power generation any more. The States of Delhi and TN have applied to the World Bank for a short time loan of roughly 1 billion dollars.

Since you say you have bucket loads of money, you may approach these state governments and offer them the loan. I will present you with 6 elevators in eternal gratitude. This presentation will be attended by all the vestal virgins and bramacharis as well as the CMs and other dignitaries.

I shall also offer a free ride for your money buckets to disappear from your sight for life.

Cheers

Guys request to be serious!!!
Madophile (Maha AudiO PHILE) Baba Hemant is writing some books on "New age audiophilia!"

1) Vastu and Audio - What is right direction for stereo? Where to place your system components acc to vastu ! Startling discovery - Why change speaker direction according to music! Like South ( Dakshin) is direction death - Death metal sounds better when listener is sitting southwords!

2) Give Reiki to your audio !!Like -How to properly touch your vinyl with your spiritual energy concentrated!

3) Shubh muhurths for buying system components ,also for listening!!

4) Kala Jaadu for audio!( Not for faint hearted!) How you can opmise your system on 12 AM on "Amavas" night in a graveyard!!!

baba mado-ji maharaj ki ..jai ho...
baba pupils are waiting for "Art of audiophile(ing)" classes :)

:lol:
LMAO!!!

guyz v gotta stop before v lose it completely...

good break from the usual rigmarole :clapping:

Ok, guys, here is the last one I swear. I have just invented a new cable elevator that can be used for speakers cables, power cables, and even interconnects. If you use them for interconnects, you will find the music floating in the air. I call these Floating Elevators. Trademark has been applied for and is pending.

The elevators are silk strings that are carefully woven and extracted from the finest silks in the world. I have given a 10,000 yard order to select weavers in Kanchipuram and Benares where my vestal virgins will oversee the weaving and then kiss the final product.

These strings are supplied with special ceiling hooks that are also made in the same way as my floor elevators. You drill holes in the ceiling, insert my special plastic wall plugs and screw the hooks in. This is done every 2 feet at the minimum. For better results and to make me richer, you can use every six inches also. Using a pair of virgin scissors, carefully cut the required length of these ceiling elevators, and tie your power, speaker, or interconnects to hang a minimum of one feet away from the wall and one feet above the floor.

Do this and hear your music really float in the air. Some of my customers use a small fan to make the elevators swing. I believe when they do this, the music also swings across the room giving them infinite sweet spots. Irrespective of where they sit, they can hear the music floating and caressing their ears. I also supply special fans that I call Float Swingers.

Obviously because of the intricate and scientific nature of this method, you will find lots of things hanging in the air. You cannot, thus, let anyone onto the room. When not in use, keep the room locked. You have to clean the room yourself once in two days using special brooms and mopping cloth that I will supply. Refills are always available and can be ordered from our website. This is my way of making more money float away from you.

Some of my clients have gone one step forward. They have ordered for special thick Floating Elevators, and have hung all their equipment individually from the ceiling, using four to six hooks and Elevators for each unit. I have yet to hear how they sound, but I do believe this will be the ultimate system set-up in terms of airiness, clarity, accuracy, and tonality.

Keep you cheque books ready guys. I am going to come floating to you to make your moolah float away from you. As a gesture of love and affection, all HFV members are charged 25% more if you order within the next 7 days.

Floating Cheers

Last edited:
Jokes apart, I was recently talking to a hardcore audiophile who uses cables elevators extensively. It is mostly DIY. Made of locally available wood.

It goes like this:
If you use these things you tend to isolate the wires from each other. The speaker wires or other power cords do not entangle with each other and are isolated. Hence you eliminate RFI, EMI etc.. from entering the wires. In a perfectly setup - super revealing system, all these have a positive effect on the sound.
It is fairly scientific and has nothing to do with snake oil. It is an extension of shielding or twisting design of cables (power cord or others) to eliminate interferences.

Most of the things on the site reeks of snake oil though :D

This is an opportune moment to throw in this link , for those who haven't read it already. It's a blind test of a fully "tweaked up" setup and a completely untweaked and carelessly put together one:

http://www.nousaine.com/pdfs/To Tweak or Not.pdf

Psychotropic,
Everyone has something to sell.The gentleman is no different :D

Check out tweaks yourself and see if it makes any sense to you.

oh absolutely, and i have no personal views on the topic. But I do have a strong preference for the Tom Nousaine approach/method as opposed to the subjectivist approach that shies away from blind testing. I appreciate the rigour and the reliability of these ABX tests, and I would love to see some of the tweak proponents similarly establish their claims using such rigorous methods.

Psychotropic,
Everyone has something to sell.The gentleman is no different :D

Check out tweaks yourself and see if it makes any sense to you.

It is fairly scientific and has nothing to do with snake oil. It is an extension of shielding or twisting design of cables (power cord or others) to eliminate interferences.

Most of the things on the site reeks of snake oil though :D
vinnie, another view is Cables are hardcoupled to components and hence are quite capable of transmitting vibrations from the ground to the components. while this will be snake oil for our indian homes...places like the US with wooden floors this becomes an influencer...especially for powerchords to the cdp/transport.

maybe this has an impact on speakers/speaker cables as well especially if they have an isolation device like rollerblocks under it.

but cable isolation , if one needs to do it can be as easily done with a Styrofoam cup or a tripod of bamboos sticks...anything more is really an overkill.

Last edited:
Nice fun party you folks have all been having ... :)

The Aaudio imports and some outlandish comments were hilarious!! :lol:

Cheers

Back