The Lyrita Phonostage Reviewed!

Hi Malvai,

Thanks a lot for your review. Well written. And it does feel good to have your work appreciated!

By the way, you got the picture wrong - that's the 2A3 SET you have there. The Phono has no controls in the front.

And, the website is up again. Don't quite understand what got it down.

Regards,
Viren

Hi Malvai,

Thanks a lot for your review. Well written. And it does feel good to have your work appreciated!

By the way, you got the picture wrong - that's the 2A3 SET you have there. The Phono has no controls in the front.

And, the website is up again. Don't quite understand what got it down.

Regards,
Viren

Hi Virenji!
I got the pic from your website! I mislaid my camera and hence couldn't shoot the Phono... So i just copied the pic from the product page...

>>>

Excellent review Manav.
Congratulations to Mr. Bakhshi for bringing out an exceptional product at an 'affordable to Indians in India' price!

Regards

Manav!

Somehow I completely missed the review and last evening was speaking to Viren bout his headphone amp when he mentioned it was up. Nice review Manav!

I'd second Rajiv wholeheartedly. The GZ34 rectifier tightens up the sound dramatically compared to the ST rectifiers. Imparts quite a bit of 'attack' to the sound too compared to a more laid back relaxed presentation with the ST rectifier family.

My only constant grouse is the Chinese stock tubes, though I see Viren's point of view of affordability/sourcing ease for end customer/cost point of buying spare tubes. The amp is a tube rollers delight I can promise you that! And I think I'm about to start on another rolling journey if I get his headphone amp! :licklips:

Regards

Edit: Do edit your review to post the picture of his phonostage instead of the 2A3 amp which is there currently!

Hi,

I have been tweeking my Lyrita phono stage for the past few months .

I have changed the stock CTR and Russian K42 capacitors to the Russian K40 type which Viren was kind enough to send me.

The improvement is very noticeable.The sound becomes mellower and more fluid. The sound is richer and has more depth. The musical textures are better, truer to real instruments.

The stock phono stage is very good but these changes have taken the performance level up another step.The changes are easily done and reversable if the the resultant sound is not to your liking.

Next on the agenda is to change the resistors in the power supply to non inductive Mills resistors.

Regards
Rajiv

Hello

i have a Question, you said that input is phono and output is also phono

so cannot we connect to amp directly or does it need something inbetween ?

Regards

Tanoj

Hello

i have a Question, you said that input is phono and output is also phono

so cannot we connect to amp directly or does it need something inbetween ?

Regards

Tanoj

Hi Tanoj,

A Phono stage is pre-amp used to amplify a low level signal of a MM/MC Cartridge to line level. I think the Phono you mention is about RCA type plugs, because they are also commonly referred as phono.

Amps which have the Phono stage built in can take the TT's output directly or alternately
you can connect an external Phono stage to the TT and feed its output to one of the line level inputs of the amp.

Hope this makes things clear.

N.Murali

Thank you sir

right now iam listning to to Sachins DIY phonostage and will wait for a while untill i jump to an other one , this one is sounding great to me

Regards

Tanoj

Finally! Putting my money where my fingertips on the keyboard meet!

Just spoke to Viren ji and ordered a Lyrita phonostage! He is making one for me that will take 2 inputs - each input tweaked to its specific cartridge.

Viren ji is an awesome person to deal with! he is patient, even in the face of supreme idiocy... not gonna fall on my face an quote mine... but he is sweet, patient and lovely person to deal with. thank you Viren ji!

I am sure that the Phono tweaks i have asked for will be super!

2 more days and i pay up (not that Virenji has asked!!!!)

man, this is one project that I am looking forward to!

We all are following your project Manav. One more visit obviously will happen once your project is completed. Although your main TT has faced with a set back, but this project will bring smile on your face.
Regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back