The new Technics range

square_wave

Have you guys noticed the ever increasing new range of technics gear ? They seem to have gone high end.

I just saw some dude reviewing a ~ 9k $ amplifier.

Technics used to be a favourite brand of mine in the 80's. Somewhere along the way , everything except their turntables just faded away. Good to see them coming back.

I sometimes think that because of the massive shift towards mobile phones and Bluetooth speakers or headphones for listening to music by almost everybody, the only option for audio manufacturers is to go high end and build low volume - high margin products. The demand at low to mid price ranges is not enough to justify setting up production lines. People on forums like this are a minority and represent something like .0001 % of the population. Whenever I talk about listening to music people only think of YouTube or spotify on mobile phones via low quality earphones or headphones or bluetooth speakers A small minority are interested in entry level sound bars or home theatres. The main criteria of judging a home theatre for most people I see is how loud it is and not how it sounds.

I sometimes think that because of the massive shift towards mobile phones and Bluetooth speakers or headphones for listening to music by almost everybody, the only option for audio manufacturers is to go high end and build low volume - high margin products. The demand at low to mid price ranges is not enough to justify setting up production lines. People on forums like this are a minority and represent something like .0001 % of the population. Whenever I talk about listening to music people only think of YouTube or spotify on mobile phones via low quality earphones or headphones or bluetooth speakers A small minority are interested in entry level sound bars or home theatres. The main criteria of judging a home theatre for most people I see is how loud it is and not how it sounds.
So very true

Also for most Loud = Bass.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back