The Onkyo 5105 or the Denon 390XP

stalion

Hello everyone I am a new member here. If I have a choice between the Onkyo 5105 and the Denon 390XP which one should I go for and are there any significant difference between the two.

If you need it only for movies,then Onkyo is better.I took short demo of 390 & found it is not as clear sounding as other Denon AVR.
Still for both mov & music 390 can be better,still try demo with your regular CD/DVD & decide...

Hello everyone I am a new member here. If I have a choice between the Onkyo 5105 and the Denon 390XP which one should I go for and are there any significant difference between the two.

what other equipment do you have or planning to buy for the setup?

Hey Stalion,
Infact even I am in your shoes.
Check this thread, Onkyo 5105 is the unnanimous winner when compared against Denon,
http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/5599-home-theatre-query.html

Onkyo 5105 model is now obsolete and replaced by Onkyo 5205. Got confirmed by Onkyo dealer iself. Check this site also,
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision - Onkyo 5105 or 5205 or better???

In Chennai Onkyo 5205 is charged around 33K. Need to negotiate. Do let me know the price in your city?

Check 5205 Spec, ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND - INDIA
Cant find 5105 spec in Onkyo website.

Do we have Onkyo 5205/5105 owners in this forum. Pls comment your ratings.

Last edited:
what other equipment do you have or planning to buy for the setup?

I am planning to buy a Samsung Led 46" Series 7 and a Pioneer dvd player either 410 or 610 and probably a Tata sky stb.

In fact I am getting this choice of Onkyo or denon with the LED Tv instead of the 22" LCD that is given free and this are the only models available at the shop rest are all dvd integrated home theatres so choice is limited. I have never come across the Onkyo 5205 at any of the big shops I visited like E-Zone, Croma, Reliance Digital, Vijay Sales Etc.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back