The Sonos thread

I trust you have ordered the recently released gen 2 play 5; the old 5 is good, but not great.
Yes the order is placed for Gen 2 play 5. But thanks I will cross check too. I have gone through various reviews & almost in all of them the improvement in sound over gen 1 were highly appreciated. Now till the delivery my patience will be tested. Thanks for answering my various queries !

Last edited:
Yes the order is placed for Gen 2 play 5. But thanks I will cross check too. I have gone through various reviews & almost in all of them the improvement in sound over gen 1 were highly appreciated. Now till the delivery my patience will be tested. Thanks for answering my various queries !

..oops the order is cancelled since seller has not left any more items..refunded..back to search again !

Can't seem to decide between the full Sonos 5.1 setup (playbar + sub + pair of play 1s) or the Bose soundtouch 300 set with soundbar, AM sub and a set of rear satellite speakers. My main concern is I can't run wires around my room hence the need to have a fully wireless setup.

I came across a store in South Delhi which stocks Sonos and provides service as well. I'm contemplating buying from US of A as I have frequent visits from family (so I can break up the shipments in various visits). Soundtouch 300 setup seems to be winning over although I have the Sonos tugging massively at my heartstrings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This response is almost a year late but it may benefit others.
Sonos is not a movie rig. The playbar is expensive, makeshift and an afterthought to complete the ecosystem.
Sonos is a multi-room audio solution and should be used so.

Can't seem to decide between the full Sonos 5.1 setup (playbar + sub + pair of play 1s) or the Bose soundtouch 300 set with soundbar, AM sub and a set of rear satellite speakers. My main concern is I can't run wires around my room hence the need to have a fully wireless setup.

I came across a store in South Delhi which stocks Sonos and provides service as well. I'm contemplating buying from US of A as I have frequent visits from family (so I can break up the shipments in various visits). Soundtouch 300 setup seems to be winning over although I have the Sonos tugging massively at my heartstrings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Can you share the details of seller. I am looking for sonos Sub.

I was a confirmed Sonos user for over 10 years till very recently when I trialled Roon.

My big attraction for the Sonos was always the app. But with the Roon I got an app that is better and sound from the SAME flac library that was obviously and audibly better in so many ways.

Now I have switched totally to Roon and my Sonos ZP90 is just a backup device.

Roon is not an equivalent in that it needs an endpoint device, but an increasing number of AVRs are endpoints.

Worth doing the 1 month free trial to check for yourselves.

Back