The "what do I do" thread

Hi,
I am a retired Colonel from th Armoured Corps having 37 years of service.Now I am a CEO and Country head of an Indian firm manufacturing for Unilver in Colombo(Settled in Chandigarh).

And you look much younger in that avatar pic, Rupy. Guess that’s what a long career in services does! Welcome to the forum.

Hi,
I am a retired Colonel from th Armoured Corps having 37 years of service.Now I am a CEO and Country head of an Indian firm manufacturing for Unilver in Colombo(Settled in Chandigarh).
wow....37 years of service? you like a 37 year old, sir!!!

Hi community,

I'm from Bengaluru, doing the usual odd IT jobs for a salary, apart from coverting oxygen to carbon di oxide. I suffer from a severe gear acquisition syndrome (GAS), where in I withhold the actual price of the purchase from immediate family by about 60 - 70%. Looking for more avenues acquire more AV gear ;-)

regards
Ramky

Hi,

Sequel to the thread I just created regarding spending, and after being in this forum for a while, seeing gadgets and the setup in "showcase your setup" thread, I am just curious to know the profession of the members here and the business arena you are involved in.

I just thought this would take us more closer and we can always, if interested, discuss about our profession as well during the meets or otherwise.

Just curious to know how most of you are able to find time for being around here, I am really finding it hard and my boss has already started making fun that they always get to see only this forum on my desktop at work other than the docs pertaining to my work. My boss does not have a problem with this, because my day is quite evenly placed at work and, being in the BPO, we are available 24x7 to our clients through our smartphones, blackberry, etc.

I want to know what is your profession and which industry/sector do you belong and your designation, if possible, and number of years of experience in this industry and NO names of companies, etc.

To start with, I belong to the BPO sector, heading 2 branches in Chennai and, serving US hopsitals/clinics with their billing/coding/transcription/record management processes, before which I worked as a Network Engineer. I have a total of 7 years of experience in my current job and 1.2 years in my previous job. I am pursuing professional courses parallel to my job and looking to establish a career in the domestic sector.

Looking forward to hearing more about other members and their profession.

Cheers!

P.s.: I hope I have not violated any rules in the forum, should MOD find this thread violate of forum rules, you are free to delete this
Currently in “Honeydew” sector
Retired
30 years large format grocery store manager
Still passionate about rock and roll and screaming guitars over my 4 Bose 901s.
Need to get up to date on electronics.

Hi Everyone, found this site while searching for info on some integrated amps that I'm considering. I am a mailman and enjoy listening to music throughout the day while walking my route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone, found this site while searching for info on some integrated amps that I'm considering. I am a mailman and enjoy listening to music throughout the day while walking my route.
Interesting! Do you travel the whole route on foot!? How many deliveries do you make? Here in India, your ilk are known as postmen and not till long ago, they used to make deliveries travelling on bicycles. Now a days, most (especially the younger ones) do that on commuter motorbikes.

Last edited:
Interesting! Do you travel the whole route on foot!? How many deliveries do you make? Here in India, your ilk are known as postmen and not till long ago, they used to make deliveries travelling on bicycles. Now a days, most (especially the younger ones) do that on commuter motorbikes.
I do various routes where I live and the majority of the time I am walking on foot (we take a taxi out). There are some routes that use delivery vans and you are in and out of the van. I find it interesting about deliveries being done on bike!

I do various routes where I live and the majority of the time I am walking on foot (we take a taxi out). There are some routes that use delivery vans and you are in and out of the van.
I get it now. You have multiple modes of delivery, by foot being one of those.
I find it interesting about deliveries being done on bike!
Unlike most Western countries which get quite cold in winters and hence unsuitable for even driving, leave alone riding bikes, in most of the South East Asian countries, two wheelers are the cheapest (barring public transport) and also convenient mode of commutation. And India is the biggest two wheeler market in the world. For the record, we produced 21.18 million two wheelers in the year 2019.

What do you use to listen to music while walking your route? You use a DAP or mobile? If a mobile, do you use external DAC and/or portable headphone amplifier with it? What kind of music do you listen to while working outdoors?

Bumped in to this forum while searching for radio DX in India. I am a program manager in an IT company. Been a tech enthusiast, have being built an HTPC in the year 2006 and playing around with satellite DXing etc.

Bumped in to this forum while searching for radio DX in India. I am a program manager in an IT company. Been a tech enthusiast, have being built an HTPC in the year 2006 and playing around with satellite DXing etc.
Welcome to HV forum !

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back