The "what do I do" thread

Hi all. I am a pediatric practitioner in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. I am in practice for last 14yr. My love for good sound is 6-7 yr old. I have few very good and respectable headphones and iems. Recently I got a midrange home theater upgrade.i sold off my 3yr old bose lifestyle 600 and went for a new system. I have a danon 2700h avr with bowers and wilkins 600 s2 anniversary series in 7.1.with svs sb 2000pro. I was introduced to the forum by a fellow enthusiast from Facebook.

I'm a management consultant with one of the Big3 consulting firms.. Nowdays on a break and living my musical aspirations whilst refreshing the HFV forum every 30 minutes

Hi all. I am a pediatric practitioner in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. I am in practice for last 14yr. My love for good sound is 6-7 yr old. I have few very good and respectable headphones and iems. Recently I got a midrange home theater upgrade.i sold off my 3yr old bose lifestyle 600 and went for a new system. I have a danon 2700h avr with bowers and wilkins 600 s2 anniversary series in 7.1.with svs sb 2000pro. I was introduced to the forum by a fellow enthusiast from Facebook.
Hello there,

I'm a recent resident to this beautiful city.. Having lived all my life in Delhi, and shifted during Covid to be with my wife working a Govt job here, I can't begin to describe the peace of mind I get in this place.. Good to meet fellow residents☺️

Oncologist by profession, heading my department in a large hospital in Hyderabad.
Love of music goes back to the days when I used to be babysit by a HMV record player.
Apart from music, I'm an avid photographer and got wheels under my feet.

I'm a management consultant with one of the Big3 consulting firms.. Nowdays on a break and living my musical aspirations whilst refreshing the HFV forum every 30 minutes

Hello there,

I'm a recent resident to this beautiful city.. Having lived all my life in Delhi, and shifted during Covid to be with my wife working a Govt job here, I can't begin to describe the peace of mind I get in this place.. Good to meet fellow residents☺️
I am with one of the Big4 :)
I enjoy Big3 vs Big4 debates (just joking :))

Last edited:
Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

Friends,

I am young and naughty at 40 working in in a Fortune100 MNC in Gurgaon as a Business Auditor.

Spiritually I'm attached to Iskcon

"Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare"

"Even if one distributes ten million cows in charity during an eclipse of the sun, lives at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna for millions of years, or gives a mountain of gold in sacrifice to the brahmanas, he does not earn even one hundredth part of the merit derived from chanting Hare Krishna. "

(Srila Sanatana Gosvami Laghu - Bhagavatamrta)
You my friend, will have great prospects if you join the BJP . All the best :D
Well Iam a sailor on the verge of becoming a dolphin, as I've spent more time lost in the sea than on land.. probably always done everything sideways....maybe a beer and cig in hand. Not much to speak about my line of work. Never needed too much space and always wanted to live on the edge. So sailing is perfect for me :D

That said Iam amazed at the multifaceted membership we have here. And all enjoined by a common love for music. Most delighted to be amongst you all good sirs :)View attachment 37868
This chap died :(

Iam not referring to the guitarist....Iam talking about newlash09 :D

and reborn as @Yelamanchili manohar with more energy.

An Electrical Engineer now working in energy regulation. Most of my previous experience has been in transmission and distribution network design and construction & commissioning in a multi-national consultant in Abu Dhabi and a contracting major in India.

Wanted to be working in audio system design but destiny had different plans and full time in high voltage engineering.

After a long hiatus restarted DIY some 6 yrs ago with a valve amp. Now trying my hand on a OB.

I am a Doctorate in Plant Biotechnology. I have completed my Ph.D. from Bose Institute, Kolkata. Presently looking for a Post Doctoral Position in a suitable reputed laboratory.

Music Listening, Singing and DIY Electronics are my childhood hobbies. Whenever I get time, I either sit for recording my songs or wear headphones for listening.

Presently I get very lesser time for DIY Electronics, but whenever I do, I try to apply the basic research approaches that I gathered during my Ph.D. I found that these approaches are very helpful and simultaneously applicable to DIYing, especially in new circuit designing or repairing.

Retired early from my Consultant job in a big consulting - IT services organization. Since then have been doing wildlife photography and into some serious Head Fi. Now have started small in the world of 2 channel stereo and enjoying my journey so far.
Wow that's my dream. Retire early and roam around...

I own and run RDDreams building engines and electronic circuits is what I do for a living. New to the audio world. Goal was to have a decent audio system for my workshop on a tight budget. That did not work out so well. Just purchased my 4th amp circuit module lol. Plan is to test all the options for class a a/b in the market. So far have STK / TDA / LM a few more in the planing stage.

I own and run RDDreams building engines and electronic circuits is what I do for a living. New to the audio world. Goal was to have a decent audio system for my workshop on a tight budget. That did not work out so well. Just purchased my 4th amp circuit module lol. Plan is to test all the options for class a a/b in the market. So far have STK / TDA / LM a few more in the planing stage.
Wow! nice to see you here Chinoy! From one kind of Yamaha RX to other Yamaha RX [ sorry couldn't wait to use the line! :p ]

I work for an IT services org on Information security side. Been following the forum for more than 10 years. Of late become more engaged with the forum and with music. Was earlier only listening to Tamil film and carnatic music. Of late started listening to more hindustani, jazz and western classical too inspired by respective threads here.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back