They're here... Axiom M3 pair and coming soon... VP100

Re: They're here... Axiom M3s...

Enjoy the listening man!! Glad you got them at a fair price :)

Cheers

Congrats SKumar, it must be feeling like reaching a peak during rock climbing. you forget all the pains you had to take to get there.:yahoo:

Try out Leann Rimes and Tracy Chapman. if you are happy with T braxton and C Dion, you will be amazed by recordings of Leann Rimes(the one i absolutely love is "How do I" from Con Air).

BTW, did you mention the price?

jaudere, thanks and I will definitely have a look at your recommendations. The pricing part is mentioned a few posts above, here.

Congratulations on your purchase !!

Have you wall mounted the Axioms ?

Am looking at something similar is specs and price range too.

mpw, thanks. I did order a single wall bracket over the weekend. The reason is that my TV is slotted on the right edge of the wall-unit and the right speaker when placed on the wall-unit shelf is obstructing the TV for viewers on the side. As the price is all inclusive (or free shipping) per peice, I thought that I will try mounting the right one first and see if I need to mount the left one also. The left speaker is obstructing the shelf with DVDs, that is OK.

The speakers (M3, M2 and M22s) have an in-built slot for this specific bracket. I considered the metal stand too, but it is a few inches less than the shelf height. If the bracket doesn't work out, I might have to for local custom made speaker stand.

Congrats Kumar, I always thought that audiophile is a selfish soul(including wannabe audiophile like me) spending just for the sake of satisfying a pair of ears. Good to know that you've struck a balance to make everyone around you happy.

Thanks, no duty was paid by my sister as these are the only dutiable items she was carrying (apart from the chocolates :lol:). Generally, speakers alone don't raise the red flag in customs, but if you are carrying an AVR or any electronic items, you are most likely questioned and levied duty. Also, the price of these items was below the personal limit, though she didn't have to show the invoice or anything like that...

She cheked them in as luggage. To secure both the individual speaker packages together, my friend in USA has used a lot of packing tape all over the cartons, and they looked a bit ragged because of that and this might have led the customs guys to consider them used or of lesser value.

BTW, what have you ordered and who is carrying them and into which port in India?

Thank you for the instant reply mate. I am coming to Hyd on 25th. I have list of items along with me.
Onkyo 606 [check in baggage]
Definitive Technology Pro 800 Bookshelves[check in baggage]
PS3 Slim [Cabin baggage]

Except PS3 slim I got other 2 in dead cheap deal. I know that getting all stuff from US is risky when it comes to transportation to warranty to servicing to repair..but prices were too yummy:eek:hyeah:

Other than these I have a personal laptop, camera and a handycam

I don't know whats going to happen:sad: I am really worried now...I am thinking 30 to 40 bucks will save me...i know its wrong:eek:

Congrats Kumar, I always thought that audiophile is a selfish soul(including wannabe audiophile like me) spending just for the sake of satisfying a pair of ears. Good to know that you've struck a balance to make everyone around you happy.

Listening to music for me is actually another form of meditation. It's another journey either inside or out...I hardly think it could be an avenue to be selfish though. It's DEFINITELY more than satisfying a pair of ears. Just my personal opinion of course.

Listening to music for me is actually another form of meditation. It's another journey either inside or out...I hardly think it could be an avenue to be selfish though. It's DEFINITELY more than satisfying a pair of ears. Just my personal opinion of course.

I cant agree with you more, yeah, music satisfies your soul through your ears, but my point is there are other souls around you and you need to make them happy too and watching movies together is definitely one sure way as private space to females is very limited in India. May be, it is a cultural thing.

hmm,
while everyone will agree that a man hears with his ears, i would say man hears with his brain. so people spend to satisfy their brain which i think is very much justified. "dimaag hai to sab hai!" the only time i satisfy my ears per say is when i put Johnson's bud in.(but again that satisfaction is "felt" in brain only.):lol:

hmm,
while everyone will agree that a man hears with his ears, i would say man hears with his brain. so people spend to satisfy their brain which i think is very much justified. "dimaag hai to sab hai!" the only time i satisfy my ears per say is when i put Johnson's bud in.(but again that satisfaction is "felt" in brain only.):lol:

You dont need a ENT doc to say that you're putting your ears to great risk by putting the buds in and wont be discussing speakers or audio for sure and Thank god, no one can say that they can clean their brain with a bud thro' their ears to improve their hearing mechanism.

Well, nothing wrong with being selfish, per se:). Love, spirituality etc. are all at various levels selfish...

You dont need a ENT doc to say that you're putting your ears to great risk by putting the buds in and wont be discussing speakers or audio for sure and Thank god, no one can say that they can clean their brain with a bud thro' their ears to improve their hearing mechanism.

Hi,
don't worry. I do not put the buds into the ear canal now. but to confess, i used to do it many years back as a school kid when i didn't know about the danger. believe me, that feeling is great although i stopped doing it & always recommend against it since the time i came to know about the danger.I was just joking here in my previous post.

For now, my preference is to upgrade the rest of the 3.0 and then take a call on whether to focus on the sub+AVR upgrade or otherwise go for a 2.0 setup. I somehow feel that upgrading to a decent AVR (Yam-663?) will improve both 5.1 and 2.0 experience.

I passed on my AVR (Onkyo 504) and the Onkyo 5.1 speaker set to my uncle a few weeks ago and then bought a Yamaha 665 recently. Tried to get a 663, but they are no longer available at normal prices. I am now left with 2.0 (M3 BS pair) only and looking at completing the 5.1 soon.

I ordered the VP100 center speaker in Axiom's outlet on Oct/05th and should receive it on monday/tuesday. The cost was US$257 (US$278 now) and I may need to pay customs duty and/or VAT to FedEx at the time of delivery.

I am also considering the QS4 (US$233 each) or QS8 (US$294 each) for the rears, any comments on them? Is the surround experience with them worth the money or any suggestions on a better pair of surrounds in terms of VFM? I need to decide fast as ordering from Axiom outlet will mean a 3 to 4 week wait before the speakers are shipped.

I passed on my AVR (Onkyo 504) and the Onkyo 5.1 speaker set to my uncle a few weeks ago and then bought a Yamaha 665 recently. Tried to get a 663, but they are no longer available at normal prices. I am now left with 2.0 (M3 BS pair) only and looking at completing the 5.1 soon.

I ordered the VP100 center speaker in Axiom's outlet on Oct/05th and should receive it on monday/tuesday. The cost was US$257 (US$278 now) and I may need to pay customs duty and/or VAT to FedEx at the time of delivery.

I am also considering the QS4 (US$233 each) or QS8 (US$294 each) for the rears, any comments on them? Is the surround experience with them worth the money or any suggestions on a better pair of surrounds in terms of VFM? I need to decide fast as ordering from Axiom outlet will mean a 3 to 4 week wait before the speakers are shipped.

If you look at reviews on the internet the most highly regarded speakers from axioms lineup are the qs8's dipole speakers.

If you look at reviews on the internet the most highly regarded speakers from axioms lineup are the qs8's dipole speakers.

I may have to pass the QS8 and look at QS4 only as the QS8 may be too wide for the 8" pillar on which I have to mount the rear right speaker. The difference is that QS8 has 5" woofers and the QS4 has 4" ones. The final cost of QS8 may be ~20k each considering the duties etc and the QS4 is around ~15k each. Decision time...

I think they will be crossed over to the subwoofer. The one problem i do face though is i have a yamaha rx-v661 it does not have individual cross overs for all channels so my front stage is at 60hz typically i would like to run rears @ 80hz but i have to run them all at 80 till i upgrade to the emotiva umc-1 someday.

Which receivers in budget range have individual cross over for all channels ?

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back