Thiel CS 2.4

oracle1974

After having enjoyed Dali Ikon 6 for more than four years, I have moved on to Thiel CS 2.4. Here are some pictures of new my set-up.

FS: Thiel CS 2.4
CS: Dali Vokal 2
Pre-amp: Arcam A38
Power Amp: Arcam P1000 ( Driving only 2 channels)
Source: Arcam CD37
AVR: Marantz NR1504

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Thiel 2.jpg
    Thiel 2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 334
  • Thiel 1.jpg
    Thiel 1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 332
Hi, I just picked up the Thiel Cs 2.4 speakers. I'd like to know if you've had any issues driving these speakers with your current setup? Is a power amp required?

I have heard the speakers for about 8-10 hours as I left home for a vacation and will be back middle of next week. My initial impressions are that arcam power amp p1000 does not have trouble driving these speakers. My room is about 20 ft by 12 ft and ceiling is about 10 ft high - it is the living room. What I like is that even at low volumes the speakers sound very good.

Which amp are you using? My sense is that you will require a power amp unless you are using a very good integrated amp.

Do you like the sound of the Cambridge amp driving the thiels? If it sounds good to you then wait for some time before you look for a power amp.let the speakers play for about 200 hours before you go for a power amp.

Try auditioning the speakers with bryston 4bsst and 14 bsst at a later date. 14 bsst is very much recommended in one of threads on the forum.

Also what is your source?

Nice speakers ! .Since this is the Living room, there are obvious aesthetic considerations, but do try to experiment with placement- eg pull out the speaker by around 2 ft away from the walls and also increase the distance between them to around 6 feet just to see if you notice any difference in sound.

Nice speakers ! .Since this is the Living room, there are obvious aesthetic considerations, but do try to experiment with placement- eg pull out the speaker by around 2 ft away from the walls and also increase the distance between them to around 6 feet just to see if you notice any difference in sound.

Thanks for your inputs. The speakers are about 1 ft away from the rear walls and are about 6,ft apart. Since the main door opens one side of the speakers, I do not have the liberty of pulling the speakers more in front. Will try to other impovements like introduction of a rug in front of the speakers.

The speakers are considerable improvement from my earlier set-up. So enjoying them the way they are for now. Will see how your suggestions can be implemented to the extent possible.

Last edited:
The sound is good. However I am not sure if adding a power amp will improve the sound. I am reading online and seeing that most reviews suggest using a powerful amplifier with them. That's primarily why I am enquiring...my source is a Marantz Ki pearl lite sacd player.

The sound is good. However I am not sure if adding a power amp will improve the sound. I am reading online and seeing that most reviews suggest using a powerful amplifier with them. That's primarily why I am enquiring...my source is a Marantz Ki pearl lite sacd player.

Suggest that if you wish to add a power amp, add one which can be considered a signifcant upgrade to your existing set-up. For the time being you may consider experimenting with different speaker positions to improve the quality of the sound.

siddhantjohri: I had the opportunity to do a home home audition of Accustic Arts' integrated amplifier entry level model Power ES. The pairing was amazing. I could really experience the control that the amp had over the speakers. The bass was appropriate, the highs were nicely rounded off and some of the harshness that i expereince in the current set-up disappeared.

The vocals seemed less hurried and in fact seemed at the right pace. The listening experience was very relaxing and engaging.

Power ES is rated at 90W at 8 ohms and 120 W at 4 ohms. so debunks the notion that cs 2.4 require substantial power to drive them.

During the entire 60-70 minutes audition, the volume knob did not go higher than 25% of the maximum.

I could call this pairing a substantial upgrade over my existing set-up.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back