Thoughts on qn90b samsung tv?

SaiyanGoku

I need a new TV for long term use for atleast 10 years. I'm afraid to buy oled because of the burn in problem in the long run and high prices for the 2022 models (c2,a80k). Anyone recently bought this TV? What is the cheapest price available in the market for this model is there a better alternative at similar price range (2022 oled qled models only)

QN90a was a hugely sought for TV among a few who felt this was a flagship for LCD/LED technology itself. But many ended up disappointed by its ads panel and dirty screen effect. If QN90b has solved those issues then it is a great choice. More than the burn in fear, OLED is not desirable as a hall TV with direct light reflection sources and its black crushing penumbra (whereas LCD/LED TVs fill in a grey colour tone) and may be odd for the first few days for new buyers. However when you get used to it, it would appear more natural and eye soothing. Also for pan shots of bright backgrounds like snow covered valleys or deserts, wrgb OLEDs might not satisfy the viewing pleasure one gets from a 1000+ nits LCD/LED TVs. But movies or documentaries with black background needs an OLED to get an immersive experience. LCD/LED cannot hold up even if they have a local dimming. Infact blooming gets more noticeable with full array local dimming. Earlier models of OLEDs did not have auto panel refreshing and so chances are some pixels in some areas were getting worn out more than others and so you had to babysit your tv by constantly diversifying content so as to ensure uniformly all pixels were in use. If logos were repeatedly watermarked in one area of the panel, you get jitters. But over the years, the auto pixel refreshing, screensavers, logo luminescence limiter and its brightness limiting algorithms can ensure 100000 hours of usage before picture quality issues arise. LCD TVs can go kaput for other reasons as well in those hours of usage. In electronics nothing is a certainty. But its about time people drop in the fear of permanent image retention. Do you know in modern OLEDs, you can select a "screen off" energy savings mode, if you are leaving for a short break? That feature ensures longer life of the TV. Your voice command with your LG magic remote can enable that in a jiffy. The prevailing urban legend of burn ins is statistically very low to be feared about. Shadow crushing, direct reflexion issues in living room ambient light settings and auto brightness limiter algorithm are more plausible reasons to avoid OLEDs for halls. You can even wait for QD-OLED TVs to drop in prices as they are hailed as the game changing solution for existing issues with TV choosing dilemma.

I need a new TV for long term use for atleast 10 years. I'm afraid to buy oled because of the burn in problem in the long run and high prices for the 2022 models (c2,a80k). Anyone recently bought this TV? What is the cheapest price available in the market for this model is there a better alternative at similar price range (2022 oled qled models only)
Don't go by the US model of qn90b, here you may get an ips panel like last year with qn90a.

LG b2 is one model I am looking forward to.
65 inch launch price is 2.35 lakh this year so expect it to sell below 1.5L after few months.
This year peak brightness is improved (700 nits) and compares well with last years C1 model.

I got a quote of 2.2L for the 65 inch qn90b from a Samsung store in Chennai. Checkout Sony x90k 65 inch at 1.7L it seems like a good FALD alternative.
As others said qn90b might be ads/ips panel, this time they also launched qn95b here which might have VA panel but it's costly.

I confirmed with the samsung support all the qn90b models from 55 inch and above come with VA panel. I checked x90k but every review shows qn90b much better than sony. My budget is 1.8 lakhs if I get qd-oled or oled (c2,g2) 55 inch 2022 models I can wait

You can get 65 inch c1 in that budget, so 55 inch C2 should be in that range or at least in Diwali sale it'll be for sure.
Also there seems to be some issues with local dimming on qn90b which is a hardware defect.

I got a quote of 2.2L for the 65 inch qn90b from a Samsung store in Chennai. Checkout Sony x90k 65 inch at 1.7L it seems like a good FALD alternative.
As others said qn90b might be ads/ips panel, this time they also launched qn95b here which might have VA panel but it's costly.
QN90b will be superior to Sony x90k in two counts - 1) Sony's picture processing will ensure even SD channels look good. 2) its Android OS. Samsung's Tizen is not so good many say.

Wrt HD channels brightness and colours Samsung will beat Sony real bad.

Last edited:
QN90b will be superior to Sony x90k in two counts - 1) Sony's picture processing will ensure even SD channels look good. 2) its Android OS. Samsung's Tizen is not so good many say.

Wrt HD channels brightness and colours Samsung will beat Sony real bad.
Obviously yes, both are different technologies and price range. I mentioned it as an option for a lower budget since he didn't mention his budget range. Qn90b should be compared against x95k, both being mini led but it's yet to launch here.

9000h is available for 1.26 lakhs plus some cashbacks and you may try zero emi, settle it to get a lower price. But the 1.7 lakhs quote for Sony X90k is not worth that much. 9000h does it.

https://amzn.eu/d/fww0Kcv

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back