Thread to help people taking advantage of best of dussehra/diwali TV offers

Any opinions on the upcoming Mi 4x 65 inch, Xiaomi's new flagship TV? At 55k, seems appealing.

TCL didn't even bother to change packing for Iffalcon brand. I wonder if TVs are exactly same.
Servicing company is same in both the case. So TCL has interesting warranty conditions. 1 year on Iffalcon, 1.5year on Amazon and 3 years on offline purchases. Can anybody explain this business model? Also it is a negative for Flipkart if their products are carrying less warranty than Amazon's.
I can't say for sure, but the fact that offline only certain models are available and 3yr warranty is available, I will think of them as being better quality. Manufacturers know their products and give warranty accordingly. If a product isn't good enough quality wise they won't give long warranty.

You are right. Its a fact that a Brand will produce a product with different specs and give warranty accordingly.

TCL is giving minimum 1 year warranty which is same as premium brands and TCL is also offering warranty upto 3 years which most other brands are not providing so by this token TCL is better than other brands!
Also brands which were giving long warranty earlier like Panasonic did and even VU did in recent past are not giving long warranties now. So this means that even the TV manufacturers themselves are not confident of their products' quality.
I wouldn't say tcl is better than the big 3. May be they are giving long warranty offline to boost offline sales. As I said. I can't be sure. Its just an inference I draw with not much evidence.

You are right. Its a fact that a Brand will produce a product with different specs and give warranty accordingly.

TCL is giving minimum 1 year warranty which is same as premium brands and TCL is also offering warranty upto 3 years which most other brands are not providing so by this token TCL is better than other brands!
Also brands which were giving long warranty earlier like Panasonic did and even VU did in recent past are not giving long warranties now. So this means that even the TV manufacturers themselves are not confident of their products' quality.
3 year warranty claims are very subjective. Read their fine print. Any warranty claim they will delay the supply of the defective parts. I had to wait for 3 months for a panel change and that too with complaint to consumer forum and an advocate notice.

Got TCL P8 under exchange from Amazon. Amazon guy just took the old tv. Old TV had very small like 2 to 3" patches on display which may have occurred due to handling of tv earlier. Amazon guy didnt pay any heed to it. He neither asked for any papers nor even remote.

I just bought P8 55” from Amazon. Cost me 18k after exchanging my non smart Sanyo TV.

How has been your experience? Does Prime video work and if yes does it play in 4K HDR?

Does YouTube play HDR?

im thinking of buying Firestick 4K if the OS of TV is not good enough.

did you check if prime video was playing 4K on P8? Just search for 4K on prime app and try to play some of 4K content and see if it shows 4K or UHD/HDR icon on playing bar in prime app. I’ve heard that unauthorised prime app can't play 4K just 1080p.

does it mean that you got 14k for your old TV? what size was it?

Ok. I checked Amazon site. for a Sanyo TV size more than 55" they are offereing 3k as exchange price whereas for a tv with size between 48 to 55" exchange price is 12600!
brains at Amazon:p:rolleyes:

That’s nothing. During Dussehra big bullion, I had the option of getting k31 55 for 13500 in exchange for Sanyo tv from Flipkart!! I passed as Iffalcon is a brand I’ve never heard of before.

Now after a few days have passed I realised i am such a lun@tic that I passed on that deal. I ended up paying 18k for an almost silmilar TV when I could have got the k31 for 13.5k under exchange.

Both Flipkart and Amazon are mental for offering that kind of deal.

Looks like your Sanyo had some gold in it and both Flipkart and Amazon knew about it.:p
Btw Amazon installer guy told me that Sanyo is the worst in quality. So much for Panasonic and their Japanese heritage.
Nowadays you won't get japanese heritage electronic products outside of Japan(& some niche market segments). Sanyo products are now Japanese just in name,rest all is same as VU/TCL/iffalcon/...etc.

Both Flipkart and Amazon are mental for offering that kind of deal.

No, they are clever. They know that they are selling it at loss to capture the retail market. One of the consumer durable and mobile phone shop keeper told me that they incurred heavy loss during the recent Amazon and Flipkart sales. They were never able to match the price and exchange offers of both these giants and infact had to sell at Amazon price to get the customer even if it is a loss for them.

Mantri Mall but all reliance digital stores are centralised and pricing will be almost same....depending on how u bargain
Sorry that was orion mall reliance digital by one executive called Jayveer...the prices have reduced further with some CC cash back

At Flipkart, Iffalcon has launched K3A model (in 55 and 65 inch) with Micro-Dimming (1296 zones).

Micro-dimming is not local dimming. It's just manipulating the incoming image to make dark areas darker. It doesn't impact the contrast of the panel. You should turn it off for accurate SDR image. Don't get fooled by marketing.

I'm in a quandry. the best price im getting for the 65" c9 is 2L and 55" is 1.3.

Now I checked out the LG SM9000 and the prices are 65" 1.4 and 55" 90k

personally i want to get the 65" but the price difference between oled and nano is 60k, thats pretty substantial.

what would you guys choose?

i have a b6 which i used to use for 2-3hrs a day max. No set up box, just streaming and my own personal content. Didnt use it for the whole month of july when i closed up the house and when i got back, the panel displayed a good amount of lines. Asked the LG tech to check it out and he said panel replacement needed and it would cost 1.1L plus labour. :mad:

I'm in a quandry. the best price im getting for the 65" c9 is 2L and 55" is 1.3.

Now I checked out the LG SM9000 and the prices are 65" 1.4 and 55" 90k

personally i want to get the 65" but the price difference between oled and nano is 60k, thats pretty substantial.

what would you guys choose?

i have a b6 which i used to use for 2-3hrs a day max. No set up box, just streaming and my own personal content. Didnt use it for the whole month of july when i closed up the house and when i got back, the panel displayed a good amount of lines. Asked the LG tech to check it out and he said panel replacement needed and it would cost 1.1L plus labour. :mad:

Will you be able to stand an IPS panel with bad blooming coming from a B6? I know I can't even watch VA panels now.

You did not get any extended warranty,also what about general insurance policies from pvt insurance companies.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back