Ticking noise from AVR and then loss of sound

kneo

I own a Yamaha 471 and a few days back i started hearing ticking sound from the avr. This is the same sound one hears when you switch the avr. The speaker icon kept on disappearing and i kept on losing sound. After a few switches like this there was complete loss of sound. AvR showed that there's no speaker attached. Even test tone was not playing and it shows 'Not Avaliable'

I googled and it says wire shorted but that's but the case. Reattached all wires, reset the avr but doesn't help. Next day it started working again, but again it stopped. Can anyone help debug? Repairing in the lockdown is not an option and this is one savior in the lockdown

I own a Yamaha 471 and a few days back i started hearing ticking sound from the avr. This is the same sound one hears when you switch the avr. The speaker icon kept on disappearing and i kept on losing sound. After a few switches like this there was complete loss of sound. AvR showed that there's no speaker attached. Even test tone was not playing and it shows 'Not Avaliable'

I googled and it says wire shorted but that's but the case. Reattached all wires, reset the avr but doesn't help. Next day it started working again, but again it stopped. Can anyone help debug? Repairing in the lockdown is not an option and this is one savior in the lockdown

Sounds like the relay has a problem. If yes it will need a technician to open n replace it.

Something might have to do with relay (hardware). The ticking noise that comes from the receiver is the relay turning on and off.

Also if there are any repair shops in mumbai who can help with this?

There is a genuine dearth of reliable proficient audio technicians in Mumbai. a FM in another thread recommended Raj Electronics based at Andheri 096640 73020 as being proficient. I have not personally dealt with them.

Video & Audio Services at Bhandup West - 09820065307 - One of our FM had serviced his Yamaha AV receiver with them and have mentioned that they are reliable.

Video & Audio Services at Bhandup West - 09820065307 - One of our FM had serviced his Yamaha AV receiver with them and have mentioned that they are reliable.
His name is Joseph and used to build amps earlier.He does PCB/IC level repair than just replacing parts.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back