To add a new subwoofer to my Sony system

periyar

I initially thought of setting up my full HT system at my home and even created a thread requesting inputs from our members. But it didn't go through somehow and now I thought of starting with Subwoofer first.

I have checked out (only online.. yet to visit any showroom) a couple of subwoofers and impressed by Klipsch RT-12d but it seems to be very expensive. I would like to know its best price available in India if anybody knows. Thanks in advance.

I live in Bangalore and my room (living) size -15 x 13 feet with ceiling height 10 feet . I will use this subwoofer with my existing Sony DVD mini system (comes with two bookshelf speakers) as of now. Also, if possible, I would like to use this subwoofer with my Home PC which has got on-board 7.1 channel and HD(MB ASUS M3N78 - VM with AMD PHENOM X4 945) capable with BenQ 22" Full HD monitor, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD running WinXP 64bit OS.

I am requesting your valuable input/direction to choose one good subwoofer now. And later, I am planning to buy a good AV receiver then slowly add front towers and center speakers.

My budget is around 50K INR and I don't mind to stretch a bit if I get a good deal for a good subwoofer.

It would be great if you could suggest me what to look for and where (in Bangalore) to look with price details (if possible). I'd appreciate all your help.

Thanks and Regards,
Periyar

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back