To all Roon lovers..why do you love it?

DB power amp is the only cd ripper software I know which adds metadata information even to WAV files

I've been using JRiver for all my media management including tagging metadata to all types of files.
As soon as I make the edits, the Roon library gets updated almost instantly.

In fact I might be able to walk away from Roon but will find it very hard to leave JRiver for media management.

Regards.

I've been using JRiver for all my media management including tagging metadata to all types of files.
As soon as I make the edits, the Roon library gets updated almost instantly.
I do that too.

But I rarely listen via Jriver any more. Roon is so much more flexible.

OP:
Roon does not seem to add anything to the music. I do my serious listening with a NOS DAC and no processing so I cannot comment on quality of the DSP plugins, but I can tell you that Roon scales very well as the quality of the component chain improves. I use it with a variety of terminations, from Airplay devices (B&W Zeppelin) to RPi based endpoints, mobile phones with dragonfly DAC, HTPrepro DAC and a NOS DAC. I dont use HQplayer. I can tell you that from an SQ standpoint, I have not heard any better. Perhaps golden ears and a really premium revealing system may tell you whats better, but then, when you are spending those kind of megabucks, you could easily spend a bit more and check out all the Roon competition.

I love Roon because of its multiroom, multi device functionality, metadata management, wonderful portable device remotes / players and great tidal integration. and all this without (to my ears) any compromise in SQ.

IMHO, its the real deal and an unequivocal "eyes (Ears) closed" recommendation to any but the most discerning, megabuck spending audiophiles.

I do that too.

But I rarely listen via Jriver any more. Roon is so much more flexible.

OP:
Roon does not seem to add anything to the music. I do my serious listening with a NOS DAC and no processing so I cannot comment on quality of the DSP plugins, but I can tell you that Roon scales very well as the quality of the component chain improves. I use it with a variety of terminations, from Airplay devices (B&W Zeppelin) to RPi based endpoints, mobile phones with dragonfly DAC, HTPrepro DAC and a NOS DAC. I dont use HQplayer. I can tell you that from an SQ standpoint, I have not heard any better. Perhaps golden ears and a really premium revealing system may tell you whats better, but then, when you are spending those kind of megabucks, you could easily spend a bit more and check out all the Roon competition.

I love Roon because of its multiroom, multi device functionality, metadata management, wonderful portable device remotes / players and great tidal integration. and all this without (to my ears) any compromise in SQ.

IMHO, its the real deal and an unequivocal "eyes (Ears) closed" recommendation to any but the most discerning, megabuck spending audiophiles.

Thanks a ton Kapvin..

Your reply was quiet detailed. I have unfortunately ended my roon trail a few days back. But your encouragement does seem infectious. Will probably give it another shot after a few months. A lot has recently happened with my systems, and iam presently going a through a phase of no music. Probably had too much previously :)

And I also seem to be lacking golden ears, so iam really wondering if it is wise to spend big bucks getting a good roon end point when I really can't hear the difference.

But if I were in your boat, where I could indeed hear improvements in SQ , then I would have stuck with roon for sure. But again a big thanks for sharing your experience :)

@sound_cycle and @rikhav I think I need to clarify;

Let's say you have some albums which you had originally ripped as wave files. And they do not have proper metadata. Can you write matadata to this album and resave it while keeping it as wave files ? Using any of the software that you guys are talking about ? I was not able to. I am using a software called Yate which is popular with macs. I had resave it as flacs to make this happen.

@sound_cycle and @rikhav I think I need to clarify;

Let's say you have some albums which you had originally ripped as wave files. And they do not have proper metadata. Can you write matadata to this album and resave it while keeping it as wave files ? Using any of the software that you guys are talking about ? I was not able to. I am using a software called Yate which is popular with macs. I had resave it as flacs to make this happen.

AFAIK Roon does not write into file tags the metadata is stored separately, IIRC reading that there is no method within Roon to write database edits to file tags : which would mean that when my Roon sub runs out, I still have my music neatly organized etyadi.

I have a few albums in .wav. I recollect playing them with roon. But what you posted is like that "gas off kar diya na?" question, I have to go back a look now to confirm that it is in .wav and has the metadata.

ciao
gr

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back