To get power amplifier use ideas

Coeylin

Hi, folks
I've been considering getting a power amplifier to compliment my AV setup for some time according to Power Amp Basics and DIY Example, although I don't mind admitting I'm not that knowledgeable in this area.
I currently have a 5.1 setup, powered by a Yamaha RX A1070 which puts out 110 watts PCH. My front three speakers are Kef Q900's and a Kef Q600c.
Usage wise im about 50 / 50 between music and movies. My aim is to take some load off the Yamaha but also to boost our improve the front L/R for stereo music especially.
I'm looking for recommendations on either two or three channel power amplifiers as I'm on a budget. Second hand is no problem but ideally for cosmetic reasons I'm looking for a unit available in black.

Anyone has ideas of it? Thank you in advance. :)

Looking for used gear on this forum would not make sense since you are not local.
You may want to scout some popular brands available in your local market.
Once you have a list, you may seek specific feedback on Yamaha-XXX pairing.
If there is a local forum, seek out members who would lend a unit for you to try.
Or try and find a store that has a return policy.

Cheers,
Raghu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back