Top 75 RD Burman Hindi Albums

[

Mods could very well throw the rule book at you here.
But that is done as a last resort.

You are being very nice Rajiv !

@Bhim Bhai , not sure who you are but entitlement to anything comes from respect of others and their knowledge and not from putting down others.

That is not tolerated.

Souravin and prem are very respected members for their knowledge which they share freely and with humility and with no claims of superiority or authority and a civilised discussion on areas of disagreement is what we expect If there is a disagreement.

Finally, Knowledge on a public forum is free and please do not use this forum for soliciting financial transactions for any party based on your knowledge whatever it is.

If I wish to know anything about Hindi film music, I have the access. Probably way way more than any person in this forum.

I work very closely with producers and directors who have worked with the likes of RD, LP, etc. I also know musicians who have played for a number of music directors. I am in fact in the process of producing a biopic on one of them.

As we chat, there is a book being written on the evolution of HMV in India. I work very closely with the author of that book. She’s writing a script for me.

So as you can see, access is the least of my issues.

What I don’t appreciate is your cockiness and your dismissive attitude of others.

The access you have to talent in the HFM industry is by second-hand knowing these figures and characters.

However I am the talent itself as a paid professional in the HFM industry. You ought to be kindly requesting a dialogue and discussion with me. I look for humility in those I help and you haven’t been helping your career particularly well.

Do you want to be successful in the HFM industry? Or do you just want to make declarations of your superiority? I’m looking for those who can grow and succeed, not those who are happy with their lot.

This list was made keeping in mind many attributes for any music lover who is not a Pancham da fanatic and may get an exposure for the 1st time to a few albums. There are many OSTs which are very close to any hardcore Pancham da fanatic like Madhosh, Naya Daur, Double Cross and many more which a generic listener may not like at all.

And for me there is no number 1 album for R.D.Burman. Every time I listen to any of his album , something new grows on me. Anyway, this forum is to discuss audio and music and I'm sure no member is looking for an best forum member award. The idea is exchange and gain more love towards audio and music.

I wouldn’t consider this to be a forum for a ‘generic listener’. This is place where dedicated fans come to share their love of music.

The 75 list contains nothing that is novel or enlightening as a result of designing it for people who are unlikely to access this forum and read it.

Why don’t you utilise some research and concerted effort next time and see if you can do a better job? I’m sure you have some capability hidden away there.

Your number 1 RD album of your personal taste will always be changing. The public isn’t particularly interested in your particular choices as you may be a fan, but doesn’t mean you understand what critical factors are entailed in the standard of music.

However the revelation of the No.1 album has been swiftly swept under the carpet. For it to not feature in the top 75 is simply nefarious. The opportunity to share knowledge has been shirked again.

It is why I, should be known here as the RD BOSS. I am an accomplished fan as I can at least identify objective brilliance by RD, and not be clouded by personal affiliations.

I also know and massively appreciate other MD’s other than RD, so I have a secular and more inclusive grasp of HFM.

@Bhim Bhai , not sure who you are but entitlement to anything comes from respect of others and their knowledge and not from putting down others.

That is not tolerated.

Souravin and prem are very respected members for their knowledge which they share freely and with humility and with no claims of superiority or authority and a civilised discussion on areas of disagreement is what we expect If there is a disagreement.

Finally, Knowledge on a public forum is free and please do not use this forum for soliciting financial transactions for any party based on your knowledge whatever it is.

I am incredibly firm which some may interpret as critical. My aim is to outline improvements, which some may feel frustrated by as the status quo has been achieved here with long standing assumptions.

I am here to teach and educate members from ignorance to understanding.

My aim is to ensure that the truth comes out. Many members may not be able to come to terms with what they have been learning. All they require is discipline and respect for what they have to learn.

You truly amuse me. In case you don’t know, I produce films. Why would I even want to reach out to conceited people like you?

It’s simply your choice Prem. It is your prerogative about how seriously you take your early foundational career in the HFM industry.

I have been working some time in this field. I have witnessed many who assume they don’t need others, or can pick and choose who they want to work with.

You want to succeed in this industry? I am kindly providing you with advice here.

If you want to be a success, the first step is to admit you haven’t been as respectful and diligent as you could have been.

Balbir Sharma Konfilijit, a former professional volovox player in HFM has stated in the past to me during meetings that those who do not beg for forgiveness from elders in this scene do not travel far. One must ask for permission to take the next step.

I haven’t asked to be called Bhim Sahib as others know to refer me as. I have been far too kind and far too lenient here.

interestingly saw this top 75 RD hit song list on You tube !

This is excellent work provided by Arj.

This list of 75 contains music that closer reflects the genius of LoRD.

Absolutely well done and you’ve done enough to deserve a thumb up from me.

👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods, there is lot of noise happening here. For all we know we may be graced by the real bhim from the Pandavas here (appears so from the profile photo), but we don't require this exalted noise here. The sanity of this forum needs to be restored.

I don’t work in the Hindi film music industry. I produce films. I hire music directors to work for me. They hire people like you.

I am making a biopic on Hari Prasad Chaurasia who I presume you have heard of. You should learn humility from stalwarts like him.

You are the one who needs to learn to show respect to others.

This is a thread I have started. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, pl stay out and start your own thread.

I don’t want disrespectful, conceited people like you derailing my threads and not contributing anything meaningful.

@Bhim Bhai
This is a public forum where all of us have come together for the love of music and movies.
There is sharing of views, experience and knowledge.
The idea is to learn from others and share your knowledge with others so everyone gains.
There is no feeling of competition or who knows best.
In the process we have all developed great friendships, irrespective of whether we have met or not.

There are many here who know a lot but they never try to put others down.
Quite the opposite, they share their knowledge and help others in their quest for improvement.

We are all friends here, even if not one to one.
It would be in the best interest of the group, and of your own, to be here with the same warmth towards other members.
Putting others down and not willingly sharing knowledge will not lead any of us anywhere.
It merely creates ill feeling and barriers.

Mods could very well throw the rule book at you here.
But that is done as a last resort.

I also see everybody here with value. But they must prove themselves to me.

My aim is to establish truth. When a member has potentially stated something incorrect, it is my responsibility to correct them.

I hope that others remain friendly to me and understand that I am having to evaluate them based upon their competencies.

I look forward to seeing such members as associates, and perhaps far down the line, as mutual circumstantial friends.

Mods, there is lot of noise happening here. For all we know we may be graced by the real bhim from the Pandavas here (appears so from the profile photo), but we don't require this exalted noise here. The sanity of this forum needs to be restored.

If this forum wants to ‘mod/restrict/ban/censure’ new members because they didn’t agree with old members?

The key discussion point I have initiated is that the list of 75 ‘RD’s best albums’ has some surprising and glaring omissions.

The rest is a discussion about my professional connection to RD and HFM as a whole.

I cannot be expected to talk with ‘honey and butter’ as others are demanding.

Such discussions become non-discussions if nothing is questioned or debated.

I am a seasoned and powerful player in the HFM. Without my efforts, many here wouldn’t enjoy what they enjoy today.

The first song in the link "Diwana Mujsa Nahin". I'm not sure if the music is originally his. When I was in Siliguri, this Nepali song was very popular during the 60s. The Nepali Song is - Eh Kancha Malai Sunko Tara, Singer – Aruna Lama & Rudra Manil. The music is by – Ambar Gurung. Few months back I was in Sikkim and I asked my Nepali driver if he recognized the song and he happily exclaimed that this song was very popular and is a classic. He also said that there is a Hindi song based on this.

EDIT:
Apparently this was Aruna Lama's first recorded song and became a superhit as per this biopic (listen at 4:20).

Last edited:
Thanks mbhangui for sharing this.

SD Burman, RD’s father, was born to the royal family of Tripura. I think he was grandson of the Maharaja of Tripura. If you hear SD and RD tunes, you’ll hear north eastern influence in many songs.

And of course, RD was known to adapt a lot of international songs to Indian sensibilities.

Souravin and Bhaskarcan were telling me that many popular Bollywood tracks of RD were first released by him in Bengali as Puja Songs. The singers were usually him and Asha. Earlier I never knew this

I never knew Mukesh had sung so many good songs for RD.

That is not tolerated.

Finally, Knowledge on a public forum is free and please do not use this forum for soliciting financial transactions for any party based on your knowledge whatever it i

The first song in the link "Diwana Mujsa Nahin". I'm not sure if the music is originally his. When I was in Siliguri, this Nepali song was very popular during the 60s. The Nepali Song is - Eh Kancha Malai Sunko Tara, Singer – Aruna Lama & Rudra Manil. The music is by – Ambar Gurung. Few months back I was in Sikkim and I asked my Nepali driver if he recognized the song and he happily exclaimed that this song was very popular and is a classic. He also said that there is a Hindi song based on this.

EDIT:
Apparently this was Aruna Lama's first recorded song and became a superhit as per this biopic (listen at 4:20).
This fact was revealed by RDB himself when he was describing his first experience with Sammi Kapoor in Teesri Manjil music sitting.

Regards

I am incredibly firm which some may interpret as critical. My aim is to outline improvements, which some may feel frustrated by as the status quo has been achieved here with long standing assumptions.

I am here to teach and educate members from ignorance to understanding.

My aim is to ensure that the truth comes out. Many members may not be able to come to terms with what they have been learning. All they require is discipline and respect for what they have to learn.

It’s simply your choice Prem. It is your prerogative about how seriously you take your early foundational career in the HFM industry.

I have been working some time in this field. I have witnessed many who assume they don’t need others, or can pick and choose who they want to work with.

You want to succeed in this industry? I am kindly providing you with advice here.

If you want to be a success, the first step is to admit you haven’t been as respectful and diligent as you could have been.

Balbir Sharma Konfilijit, a former professional volovox player in HFM has stated in the past to me during meetings that those who do not beg for forgiveness from elders in this scene do not travel far. One must ask for permission to take the next step.

I haven’t asked to be called Bhim Sahib as others know to refer me as. I have been far too kind and far too lenient here.

This is excellent work provided by Arj.

This list of 75 contains music that closer reflects the genius of LoRD.

Absolutely well done and you’ve done enough to deserve a thumb up from me.

👍
कह रहा है शोर-ए-दरिया से समुंदर का सुकूत
जिस का जितना ज़र्फ़ है उतना ही वो ख़ामोश है

#नातिक लखनवी

सुकूत - खामोशी
ज़र्फ - गहराई, काबिलियत

Souravin, the RD boss of this forum, and I spent two weeks putting together what we consider is RD Burman’s top 75 Hindi albums. In the 75, there is 1 non film album too. There were a lot of discussions and lots of to and fro before we could come up with the final list.

Below is our top 75 RD Hindi albums

1942 A Love Story
Aa Gale Lag Ja
Aandhi
Aap Ki Kasam
Apna Desh
Ali Baba aur 40 Chor
Ajnabee
Amar Prem
Anamika
Bade Dilwala
Baharon Ke Sapne
Bombay To Goa
Baseraa
Bemisaal
Buddha Mil Gaya
Caravan
Dil Padosi Hai
Darling Darling
Do Chor
Duniya
Ghar
Ghungroo Ki Awaaz
Gol Maal
Gomti Ke Kinare
Hare Rama Hare Krishna
Harjaee
Heera Panna
Hum Kissise Kum Nahin
Humshakal
Ijazzat
Jawani Diwani
Joshila
Jurmana
Kasme Vaade
Kati Patang
Kaalia
Kher Khel Mein
Kushboo
Kinara
Kudrat
Libaas
Love Story
Manzil
Masoom
Mehbooba
Mela
Mere Jeevan Saathi
Namak Haram
Namkeen
Padosan
Paraya Dhan
Parichay
Parinda
Pukar
Pyar Ka Mausam
Raampur Ka Lakshman
Raja Rani
Rocky
Saagar
Sanam Teri Kasam
Satte Pe Satta
Seeta Aur Geeta
Shaan
Shakti
Shalimar
Sholay
Sitamgar
Sitara
Teesri Manzil
The Burning Train
The Great Gambier
The Train
Yaadon Ki Baraat
Yeh Vada Raha
Zamane Ko Dikhana Hai
By any chance did you or anyone on this thread ended up creating a Spotify or apple music Playlist for this?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back