Topping TP20 tripath 2020 amplifier (versus NAD C320BEE)

Hello all.

I too need a TA2021 (TP21) based amp with headphone socket.
Topping would be good but I can consider other options provided it has good quality components.
I would need to source from within India as I dont want customs hassles.
I am unable to find any on either ebay or google or amazon.in.

Kindly help.

Regards

New TOPPING TP20 MK2 MKII T Amp TA2020 Amplifier & 12V5A PS with/ Power Adapter #DW032 @SD-in Amplifier from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group => Approximately Rs. 4,911.94

MUSE M20 EX TA2020 T Amp Mini Stereo Amplifier 20WX2 Free dropshipping 1pc-in Amplifier from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group => Approximately Rs. 2,401.14

No customs hassles. Just that you need to be patient enough to receive the same.
Personally purchased the second one and purchased a locally procured 60W SMPS [12v 5A].

hi

what is your opinion about:

HK POST FREE!!! Mini Stereo Car Amplifier power amplifier Lepai LP2020A+ Best quality 4pcs/lot #LQ009-in Amplifier from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

thinking to pair it up with my YHT-299. Do you see any other better in same price range?

update: I do not know what is the + best quality 4pcs that they are giving, because of which the price is too much, this seems to be economical.

http://www.amazon.com/Lepai-LP-2020A-Tripath-Class-T-Amplifier/dp/B0049P6OTI

or

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PTAU45-Stereo-Amplifier-Inputs/dp/B003OELGGG/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t (this has USB ports as well)

Last edited:
I have one Amp5-PS kit from 41Hz.com. If you can build and arrange good chassis then it could be good option as 100+100W audiophile amplifier. You see - transformers, chassis are equally costly as amp kits.

You could have gone ahead with this instead ...

Indeed Tripath TA2020S Cute Class T 20WX2 Mini Amplifier 12V5A Power Adapter | eBay

2020 Tripath chip is considered to be the sweetest!

Peter (a very nice guy) of Indeed Hi Fi was earlier a Hong Kong based exporter of Topping amps till he started his own manufacturing outfit there.

Hi

i wanted the inbuilt DAC ,that's why . Has anyone tried the BA26 and TOPPINGTP30 combo ..am just a bit concerned if it would have enough power to drive them to decent levels. My room is 12*15 Feet.

Hi,
I am building a mini-TL speaker with a full range driver that will compliment with the Topping Tripath 2020 amplifier. The dimensions are H=13", W=5", D=9". Finish will be pure white or jet black. Can be used along with the TP20 for LED TVs, with smartphones and ipod and will be quite portable. Will post images once ready.

Cheers,

Hari.

Hi Hari,

I could not find more details of your speakers for TP20 in this thread. Please share the details.

Hi Hari,

I could not find more details of your speakers for TP20 in this thread. Please share the details.

Hi Vanarp,

Please find below the image of the micro-TL speakers

2wgvpmq.jpg

Help ! My Topping TP20 is not working :-(
My original power adaptor had stopped working some time back, so I had bought a local 12V 2A adaptor to run this. The adaptor conked-off, and now when I try with a different adaptor, there is no sound output from the amp.

I am not a DIY guy, but did manage to open up the amp and looked inside and checked out a few things with a multimeter. Here are the observations:
1. Blue LEDs working
2. Voltage across all components on the board seem ok.
3. The heat sink attached to the chip is getting TOO HOT TO TOUCH after a few minutes? Is this normal?
4. There is no output at the speaker outs.

Any suggestions? Any place in Bangalore I can take this to be checked?
Really sad, as I really loved this amp for my bedroom setup (it is paired with CA S30s)

Thanks.

I have Topping TP20, I have ordered Ahuja SK12FRX(on the way), will the Topping T20 able to drive the Ahuja? anyone tried? any idea?
Wow, did not know such a long thread exists on TP20. I have a TP 20 that I use to drive a pair of rethm speakers. Given the sensitivity of the Ahuja drivers, i think for home audio TP20 can drive them. Even though the driver is rated 100 watts don't think you need that much power unless you use them for PA duty

Wow, did not know such a long thread exists on TP20. I have a TP 20 that I use to drive a pair of rethm speakers. Given the sensitivity of the Ahuja drivers, i think for home audio TP20 can drive them. Even though the driver is rated 100 watts don't think you need that much power unless you use them for PA duty
Thank you, will try it out, if not have to connect to my yamaha AVR.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back