Topping TP20 tripath 2020 amplifier (versus NAD C320BEE)

Hi Asliarun, Ironhorse,

Thanks for response. LEt me try checking with Maxine if they a good 12V and 5A Adaptor and see if this improves the audio quality.

Hi Arun,

I tried playing the same song on

1. Sonos->Topping-> JBL &
2. PC (HDMIAudio) Foobar-> Onkyo RC270 AVR Pure Music Mode-> Monitor Audio Rx 1 Speakers

I guess i liked Onkyo - Monitor Audio sound better. Did not spend hours listening, planning to do it sometime this weekend. If you want to experience topping I can loan it to you for testing. I guess i felt less fatigue with topping but need to confirm.

Regards,
Prasanna KV

Last edited:
I have Indeed version of TA2021s with Two Big CAPS 10000Mfd and other upgrades, I bought it with the indeed low noise power supply 12v, 5A

I'm currently using it with Dali Concept 1 which is 87db at 8ohms and it drives them well in a room of size 12 *12, compared to topping this sounds louder but the sound quality is very identical.

I also tried it with Dali concept 6 which is 91 db it drives them as well but the volume level has to be raised a bit and the sound quality is much better than my reciever yamaha RXV667 in stereo mode, amazing soundstage but less power.

Hi,
I m getting used Wharfedale 304 for Rs 6500/-
I m wondering how my (FiioE10 Olympus + Tripath T2020) pair with Wharfedale 304
Going by specs the speakers are a good match.
Wharfedale 304 specs
Nominal Impedence - 8Ohms
Amplifier Requirement 15W-75W
Sensitivity (2.83V@1m)Anechoic - 92dB
Freq. Range - 45Hz to 25KHz
Bass unit - 200mm
Treble - 20mm
Maximum SPL(dB) - 109

Will try to test the combo before purchase but just curious to know if anyone has tried it.

Thanks

Hi,
I am building a mini-TL speaker with a full range driver that will compliment with the Topping Tripath 2020 amplifier. The dimensions are H=13", W=5", D=9". Finish will be pure white or jet black. Can be used along with the TP20 for LED TVs, with smartphones and ipod and will be quite portable. Will post images once ready.

Cheers,

Hari.

Hi,
I am building a mini-TL speaker with a full range driver that will compliment with the Topping Tripath 2020 amplifier. The dimensions are H=13", W=5", D=9". Finish will be pure white or jet black. Can be used along with the TP20 for LED TVs, with smartphones and ipod and will be quite portable. Will post images once ready.

Cheers,

Hari.
Why don't you put small credit card sized Amp board into speakers body itself and make it active too? It does not generate heat and just need external PS adapter and well as signal input.

Why don't you put small credit card sized Amp board into speakers body itself and make it active too? It does not generate heat and just need external PS adapter and well as signal input.

I will be doing that in the next build. Will build the Tripath myself and put it inside. Waiting for the feedback on the mini-TL. Its success will pave the path for other products. Will keep all posted.

I need a power supply for my Topping. The old amp power supply got fried. Any recommendations? Only what is available in India please. Thanks

Last edited:
I need a power supply for my Topping. The old amp power supply got fried. Any recommendations? Only what is available in India please. Thanks

12 V 2A is stock ones which will do the job.. probably your HDD else STB adaptor will do. for cleaner sound get a 12 V 5 A adaptor.

Thanks Theironhorse. The stock one was in fact 12V 5A. Will go searching for a power source today and try and get a good 12V 5A but will also settle for a 12V 3A one if I can't find the 5A one. I'm guessing shouldn't be more than 500 Rs

even a 12V 2A will work. i have one on which it works pretty well. with 5A one it sounds marginally better given you have good source.

I have got indeed hi-fi T2020 amplifier and it is doing good with my old Philips speakers

Can anyone guide me whether "Pioneer SP-BS22LR 4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair" would be a good match.
Speaker specs
Sensitivity: 85 dB/2.83 V
Frequency response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
Nominal impedance: 6 ohms
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

I know the sensitivity figure is on the lower side but the speaker has got great reviews and I want to get it imported from US, so I cannot audition it with my T2020.

I have got T2020 amplifier from indeed hi-fi. It is doing good with my old Philips speakers
Just wanted to know whether "Pioneer SP-BS22LR 4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair" would be a good match.
Speaker specs

I know the sensitivity is on the lower side but speaker has got great reviews and I want to get it imported from US, so I cannot audition it with my T2020. So if anyone has tested the combo it would be gr8.

Man, this thread is still alive! I feel like a proud parent (I think i've already said this before on this thread). I am still using my TP20 btw, my setup now is:

Sansui CDD-201V CD player (purely as a transport) - connected with a Bandridge coaxial cable to -
Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2 DAC (with GE5670W tube upgrade, and OPA627 op-amp upgrade) - connected by some no-name stereo interconnects to -
Topping TP20 tripath (TA2020 chip) amplifier - connected by Usher/Rapport speaker wire to -
Odyssey Epiphony standmount speakers (sitting on stands made by the amazing Mr. Murthy from Bangalore)

I have got indeed hi-fi T2020 amplifier and it is doing good with my old Philips speakers

Can anyone guide me whether "Pioneer SP-BS22LR 4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair" would be a good match.
Speaker specs

I know the sensitivity figure is on the lower side but the speaker has got great reviews and I want to get it imported from US, so I cannot audition it with my T2020.

hi Gurinder

How much did it cost u in Delhi all inclusive? Any problem in ordering/delivery as i am in delhi too and would like to go for it.
Can they drive towers as i have old three way DIY speakers having Philips driver at 8 ohms (six inch mid and 8 inch woofer) as output is only 7 watt? I have seen in the specs that they have speaker protection relay.However Does the amp produce thump in the speakers during on/off?
In the absence of tone control how do you control ? From the source?
what power supply u are using and did u source it from Delhi?

Last edited:
Man, this thread is still alive! I feel like a proud parent (I think i've already said this before on this thread). I am still using my TP20 btw, my setup now is:

Sansui CDD-201V CD player (purely as a transport) - connected with a Bandridge coaxial cable to -
Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2 DAC (with GE5670W tube upgrade, and OPA627 op-amp upgrade) - connected by some no-name stereo interconnects to -
Topping TP20 tripath (TA2020 chip) amplifier - connected by Usher/Rapport speaker wire to -
Odyssey Epiphony standmount speakers (sitting on stands made by the amazing Mr. Murthy from Bangalore)

Thanks man...

My tp20 rocks too !

tapped on Note II cdma

hi Gurinder

How much did it cost u in Delhi all inclusive? Any problem in ordering/delivery as i am in delhi too and would like to go for it.
Can they drive towers as i have old three way DIY speakers having Philips driver at 8 ohms (six inch mid and 8 inch woofer) as output is only 7 watt? I have seen in the specs that they have speaker protection relay.However Does the amp produce thump in the speakers during on/off?
In the absence of tone control how do you control ? From the source?
what power supply u are using and did u source it from Delhi?

Around 2600 INR, simply convert the cost mentioned on ebay into INR. It was very simple. Very smooth delivery procedure - delivered by good old postman.
Payment can be done by any Credit/Debit card. I created paypal account for this. It was also very simple.
I had got this one (indeed hi-fi lab is good)
Indeed Tripath TA2020 Mini Cute Class T Amplifier 20WX2 | eBay
But i recommend you to get the topping one. Just because the terminals in indeed hi-fi one (the one i got) to connect speaker cables are very fragile sort of. It does not give confidence to connect speaker wires.
I use FLAC files on my laptop as source - usb o/p connected to Fiio E10 olympus DAC, simple 3.5 mm cable to Indeed T2020 amp and finally simple speaker wires to Philips speaker
Even I have connected them to old Philips speaker (from my old stereo)
They work fine, though the sound is not that great(speakers are to be blamed). My speakers are also 8 Ohms and I don't even know the sensitivity.
As per the form members' experience it will do wonders. Sensitivity of speakers has to be high (at least 88-90 dB). I am looking for Cambridge audio S30 speakers. But these are not easily available.
No thump during on-off.
I have got 12v 5A power supply (was lucky to get it from Prem elctronics near Fateh Nagar Gurdwara as I live in Fateh Nagar itself for 450 INR I think)
I checked at Nehru place also - (only one shop sells power supplies there - I am not recalling the name) It wasn't available when I went but they keep these.

Hi, i would like to know if anyone is using the TP20 or the TP21 with Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-BS22LR speakers? Is it available in India and what is the price? Plz share your thoughts on whether these amps would be able to drive the speakers.
Thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back