Topping TP20 tripath 2020 amplifier (versus NAD C320BEE)

I have not used TP20, but from what you said, it seems the track is 5.1 channel. Try downmixing it to 2 channel in the DVD/Blu-Ray Player/VLC Player/whatever is the source.

The format is actually in LPCM (am assuming that is 2 channel) from my Asus O!play mini media player ; I require it anyways in that format since I am connecting it to a FiiO D3 DAC which only accepts PCM.
When I listen to movies using my headphone via a headphone amp connected to the DAC it all sounds fine, which makes me think that its either a problem with either the TP20 or my MA BX2 speakers (Hopefully not :sad:). I don't have another amp or speakers to change and check.

Other thing is that I am wondering is if there is a problem with the Optical cable connection which I am using to connect from the player to the DAC. Am planning to get Coaxial and try, although from what I read from blogs / posts it should not matter.

Hi are u using the topping in stereo mode or using it as a power amp to a pre amp. I use them in both scenarios but never faced this issue though the vol is restricted. Otherwise very good.

Hi are u using the topping in stereo mode or using it as a power amp to a pre amp. I use them in both scenarios but never faced this issue though the vol is restricted. Otherwise very good.

Am just connecting it to my speakers. Strange, may be i'll try out different sources and see if its the same.

@Madurai - Noob question - Can i buy it directly from the link which you have provided or do I need to route this through a website like ishopinternational? Pros and cons of both the routes please. Sorry if this is off topic.

Thanks.

@Madurai - Noob question - Can i buy it directly from the link which you have provided or do I need to route this through a website like ishopinternational? Pros and cons of both the routes please. Sorry if this is off topic.

Thanks.

You can buy directly. If you are lucky it will be delivered by our friendly postman at your door step with no additional charges. If not lucky then it may attract approximately Rs.1250 from our customs.

I just received my JBL control 1xtreme speaker. but it doesnt take banana input. while my amplifier TP20 takes banana input. can someone suggest what kind of input plug required for this kind of speaker.

Hi,

Im looking for a TP20 as well. Can you tell me where you sourced the TP20? [inland]
I'm lookinf for a place within India to source it.
Seen the above links to ebay.com looks tempting, but dunno if international shipping will be right?

Last edited:
if inland look for the sales by members MPW had one for sale.
@ millionswords you can buy it off ebay as i bought mine off ebay from a seller based at hongkong no issues.

@ millionswords you can buy it off ebay as i bought mine off ebay from a seller based at hongkong no issues.

That's cool man, :clapping: madurai1947, does this guy from Hongkong mark it as a gift item/no value item. I have had issues with International purchases and courier many a times few years back. Wonder what is the scene now a days.

Well,

Here is another guy with the 15k budget setup dreams from a old thread/blog by beloved Smith form Chennai. ##gleaming eyes##

Was taken aback a bit knowing that the prices of the same old pieces have changed a lot. managed to get my hands on a pair of CA S30.

Now want to decide the AMP if TP20 is a pain to source, what else to use.

Is a uDAC necessary at all? what is it's role in this setup?

PS: I use a Illusion Audio, Electra sries Compos in my car with a Kenwood AMP, it is a SQA setup and I love the setup after 5 years still. Haven't changed the setup a bit. So that tell you a lot about my expectation and mindset.

members pl. give pointers to a good SQ setup as I go through this forum and this thread for more inputs!

Wonder if this HK guy will send the package marked as a gift/no value item. I have had bitter experiences with international courier and customs. Wonder hos is the scene now a days....

@ MillionSwords - Hello from another El 62 user! (9886-1004-EL62-GZ12).

I've been using the TP20 with quite a few different speakers. Haven't tried with the S30s though. Its a really sweet sounding little gem. These days I never use my Denon AVR 1909 for music. Always change over to the 20. I usually use a pair of locally manufactured bookshelfs from Hertz (not to be confused with the ICE brand).

@ MillionSwords - Hello from another El 62 user! (9886-1004-EL62-GZ12).

I've been using the TP20 with quite a few different speakers. Haven't tried with the S30s though. Its a really sweet sounding little gem. These days I never use my Denon AVR 1909 for music. Always change over to the 20. I usually use a pair of locally manufactured bookshelfs from Hertz (not to be confused with the ICE brand).

Thanks for the awesome intro, and your choice for the TP20

The momeny you said a Local brand and I saw your Location(Kolcatta) I could smell hertz.... lol, Kaushik is in my Friends list on FB.... :):eek:hyeah:

Will try to see if any Chennaivasi has a TP20 that I can listen to! If else would go for it, whatever!!

[someone answer me the need for a Nuforce uDAC or other uDAC] will this DAC+AMP serve the purpose of the two[ Topping + uDAC]

Last edited:
The format is actually in LPCM (am assuming that is 2 channel) from my Asus O!play mini media player ; I require it anyways in that format since I am connecting it to a FiiO D3 DAC which only accepts PCM.
When I listen to movies using my headphone via a headphone amp connected to the DAC it all sounds fine, which makes me think that its either a problem with either the TP20 or my MA BX2 speakers (Hopefully not :sad:). I don't have another amp or speakers to change and check.

Other thing is that I am wondering is if there is a problem with the Optical cable connection which I am using to connect from the player to the DAC. Am planning to get Coaxial and try, although from what I read from blogs / posts it should not matter.

Hi,

I was just to do the same setup. Instead of the Asus, I have a android stick connected to Toshiba TV. The TV has a optical out, which I thought would connect to a FiiO D3. And from FiiO to Topping and finally to the CA S30 that I bought yesterday.

Now please tell me how is the FiiO d3 performing. I'm yet to buy that.

Thanks

6/24/2013 2:24:00 PM INDIA CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE Send item to domestic location (Inb).

:)
Should see the package tomorrow I guess.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back