Topping TP20 tripath 2020 amplifier (versus NAD C320BEE)

CA s30 10000/-
Wharf 9.1, 2 10-15000/-?
JBL Control 1 - 8000/-

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD

CA S30 are hard to get nowadays. I audition them around 6 months back and was very much impressed. But I didnt buy at that time.
Now my next selection is JBL control1 extreme. I see many positive reviews on net. does anyone own these speakers. any feedback or suggestion for this selection JBL control?

CA S30 are hard to get nowadays. I audition them around 6 months back and was very much impressed. But I didnt buy at that time.
Now my next selection is JBL control1 extreme. I see many positive reviews on net. does anyone own these speakers. any feedback or suggestion for this selection JBL control?

You could check Audio Planet in Koramangala. They have the CA S30. Only thing is once you go there and start comparing speakers, you'll start stretching your budget :)

Any comments on TP20 + Wharfes 10.1 / 10.2? (Suitability, sound signature, etc). I listen to slow volume music, never loud music.
Also I understand that PM6004 offers more clarity at lower volume compared to PM5004. How does TP20 fare in clarity/details at lower volumes?

Last edited:
Any comments on TP20 + Wharfes 10.1 / 10.2? (Suitability, sound signature, etc). I listen to slow volume music, never loud music.
Also I understand that PM6004 offers more clarity at lower volume compared to PM5004. How does TP20 fare in clarity/details at lower volumes?

Have not compared with other amps, but most of the time I use this as background music at home, and I feel that it's pretty much detailed.

I just received my JBL control 1xtreme speaker. but it doesnt take banana input. while my amplifier TP20 takes banana input. can someone suggest what kind of input plug required for this kind of speaker.

I just received my JBL control 1xtreme speaker. but it doesnt take banana input. while my amplifier TP20 takes banana input. can someone suggest what kind of input plug required for this kind of speaker.

Doesn't require plugs, just connect the wires to the speakers by pressing the spring loaded clips!

Just hooked up my Focal Chorus v706s with the Topping. Me likes!

Source: Xtreamer Pro - basic local ICs - Supra cables

Thanks @maniac 2004. The T20 was bought from Amazon US and my friend was kind enough to carry it down. Don't even want to think about the damages ;)

@ omishra - As i said, don't even want to think about the price! I feel if I don't think about it my A/c won't reflect it ;)

Not the best thing to do, but has anyone tried to use the Topping for movies? What I seem to notice is that the background music and sound effects are ok, but the voice is relatively much more feeble.
Need to crank up the volume to hear what people on the screen are saying, but then the effects are too loud.
Or is it just me?..

Not the best thing to do, but has anyone tried to use the Topping for movies? What I seem to notice is that the background music and sound effects are ok, but the voice is relatively much more feeble.
Need to crank up the volume to hear what people on the screen are saying, but then the effects are too loud.
Or is it just me?..

I have not used TP20, but from what you said, it seems the track is 5.1 channel. Try downmixing it to 2 channel in the DVD/Blu-Ray Player/VLC Player/whatever is the source.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back