Torn between QAccoustics 3050 and Monitor Audio Bronze 5

ipsanand

Guys,

I am evaluating these speakers to pair with my PM 6003 marantz stereo amp. Both cost the same, and there's not to choose between them.

3050 - Has got better bass, but is less detailed, and hence slightly warm to my ears. Looks better, but is big.

Bronze 5 - Lower bass, but better separation and detailing. Hence initially slightly shrill. Smaller but does not have a good presence relative to the QA.

I don't intend to add a sub to the setup and my room size is not too large. 20x15.

Can someone help me decide? Will be of immense help.

Best,
Irwin

I would go with Bronze 5 anytime. Speakers that speak out in good detail are worth a ton. At anytime, I imagine you could add a good musical sub, if bass was really knocking your heart out. Don't know where you'll get good detailing into a speaker when none exists.

Hi Irwin,

Simple logic is to compare both in terms of size, performance, cone material and of course frequencies outputted...

Human listening is limited to 20hz - 20khz.......Speakers which can perform closer to 20hz will be good in terms of bass and for treble closer or beyond 20khz...

Decide , read online reviews, check warranty and service options and finalise

As sound is subjective it differs from person to person. To me Monitor Audio and Marantz are a bright pair which will be tiring a listen. On the other hand the Q Acoustic and Marantz are a perfect match but those 6 series Marantz are best with good bookshelves IMHO. FLRS needs more power than the Marantz can actually produce it is what I felt while reviewing a Marantz 6005.

Hey thanks guys for the great inputs.

Specifically, I am not looking to add a sub later. Wifey does not like clutter around the house, and for her speakers are clutter for a stereo setup!

Reason for FS instead of the BS - I agree the Bronze 2 sounded very close with the 6x amp. But am looking to buy a Marantz AVR (SR series), which should have enough oomph
to power the FS at a later date.

Hi

Yes the SR series should do you good justice.....you can BI AMP and provide independent power to each speakers provided speakers have BI Connections for the same....

Secondly Marantz is know to cater to Music first and hence you will enjoy performance from 10hz - 100khz......power output is awesome.....

You can digitally connect all your sources......

If budget is an issue, check Pre Owned Section or Hi Fi ads....a couple of Marantz AVRs on sale.

Hey looks like we are looking for the same stuff only thing is I wanna make it a 5.1.. I have also shortlisted q acoustic, after listening to various brands like B&W, Tannoy, Monitor, Golden ear, focal, dali, morel
I was trying to get hold of the bronz 5 but dealer didn't have for demo. He had the other ones bx5..
My auditioning experience below
I auditioned monitor audio bx5 today along with dali ikon6 both powered by denon.
Monitor audio sounded v good with the first song ie. Karunesh
Next song was Jodha akbar.. Azimo shaan shehensha. Followed by few dialogues.
In this song the Sound was good but I felt it was not as open. These speakers had good sound stage.

Then I tried ikon6 which is much about my budget but the dealer offered me some open demo set at a good discount.
The speakers were much more open and dialogue and azimo shaan song sounded better. However when I played karunesh it didn't sound as good.
Dali ikon 6 set @ spl rate 2.75
Monitor audio Bronz 5 75 these were not available 4demo n i had to audition bx5
Bronz c 22
Bronz f 41
Bronz woof 62

Last edited:
Hi

The key thing to remember is that the AVR and Speakers should work well together in harmony to deliver a great performance.....ofcourse the source and wiring also matters...

The AVR should have enough power to drive the speakers to actual potential to love the experience...

Look at Polk RTi A9/A7 for outright bass. Another great speaker within the Q3050,A7 territory is the Mission MX5,this Mission is a serious speaker ,won many awards for a reason. Cabasse Java MC40 for great bass with a exciting delivery , Tannoy XT6F for an upbeat performance full of vigour and Wharfedale Jade5 not the typical laid back Wharfedale this,amazing is the word. I'm recommending them since you are treading in the Ikon6 territory.....

Last edited:
Look at Polk RTi A9/A7 for outright bass. Another great speaker within the Q3050,A7 territory is the Mission MX5,this Mission is a serious speaker ,won many awards for a reason. Cabasse Java MC40 for great bass with a exciting delivery , Tannoy XT6F for an upbeat performance full of vigour and Wharfedale Jade5 not the typical laid back Wharfedale this,amazing is the word. I'm recommending them since you are treading in the Ikon6 territory.....

Thanx.. Ikon 6 I was considering as it was available at a good discount being a Demo Spkr.

Could you please indicate the price range for the speakers you recommended

Polk RTi A9/A7 - Rs 96000/61000

Q3050,MX5 Rs 75000/55000

Cabasse - Rs 148,000

Tannoy XT6F - Rs 120000

Jade 5 Rs 150,000

All prices are approx.

Since you have moved away from your original question and are open to other suggestion vis a vis speakers. I can tell you a few that I have personally auditioned and might work with your stereo amp well. I found Tannoy XT6F (mentioned above) and Focal Chorus 726V with excellent soundstage and pretty neutral. You might also want to check out B&W 683 S2, its another excellent speaker. Another speaker that I quite like was PSB Imagine X2T. Almost bought it too. They will all be in the range of a lakh to lakh fifty. They are all good for music and will run well with HT. Polk however, both RTi A9 and A7 are more HT than for music. I tended to get a little fatigued listening to them while on just music. Give all these a listen; at least an hour and with the same music. Your instincts will guide you after that.

Finally went with the Bronze 5.

Reason - smaller size, more detailed, cheaper and closer to the UK price than the Q Accoustics. Thanks a ton for your inputs, folks.

Hey congrats!!

Hope ur enjoying your setup. I have been following ur post and have finally auditioned MA Bronze 5 today.

I must say they sound detailed, the QA i guess had a better midrange.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back