Toshiba 32L2200U USB movie files

hconcone

Hello there,
Recently I bought I HDTV Toshiba 32L2200U and I was expecting to watch movies using a pen drive through the USB port, but when I conected the drive, the TV didn't recognize any movie file on it. Does any one know if I can do that? I have a LG that I can do that, so I wonder if is there some kind of file that the TV would read... Appreciate if anyone can help me on that!
Thanks!

What is the movie file format - mp4, mkv, avi ....???
Probably Toshiba doesn't support that specific file format.

Hello there,
Recently I bought I HDTV Toshiba 32L2200U and I was expecting to watch movies using a pen drive through the USB port, but when I conected the drive, the TV didn't recognize any movie file on it. Does any one know if I can do that? I have a LG that I can do that, so I wonder if is there some kind of file that the TV would read... Appreciate if anyone can help me on that!
Thanks!

This model only plays MP3, JPEG via USB. See Toshiba Canada - home entertainment - televisions - flat panel television - 32L2200U

Thanks jsmithe,
I really had not seen that. So that TV only handles photo and music files...
Do you know any 32' LED TV that would read video files such as avi or others?
Cheers

Thanks jsmithe,
I really had not seen that. So that TV only handles photo and music files...
Do you know any 32' LED TV that would read video files such as avi or others?
Cheers

The newer Toshiba's support video playback via USB such as the 32PU200, 32PX200, 32PT200 models.

For reference, here are a few links from an Indian retailer:

Toshiba 32PU200 LED 32 inches Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com,

Toshiba 32PX200 LED 32 inches HD Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

Toshiba 32PT200 LED 32 inches Full HD Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

You will have to find the Canadian equivalent of these models (maybe they are the same worldwide, maybe not) and try and get your retailer to exchange your L2200U for one of those models mentioned after confirming that the Canadian version indeed supports video playback via USB. I did notice that Toshiba Canada does not list the models above, so maybe give them a call and see if they have these models for Canada.

i got a lg 32inch ls3400 series for 26k month back and it is able to read avi,mp4,mkv,xvid,flv wid ease i even connect 1tb hard disk and it does a good job reading the content

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back