Totally disappointed with LCD

Since you are not satisfied with your set, you can do one thing. Sell the TV. There is a section titled For sale by Owner. You post a picture of the set saying how old it is, etc. You also tell buyers in advance the perceived problem with it. Then see how it goes.
Maybe someone will be interested, come audition the set and then buy it. Or eBay.in and list it as auction...........

i am telling - go for trip to Kashmir, see the good sights and relax, because this tv has got full nil maening in your life and all life

Great suggestion. Take a break away from it all.:)

By the way, is it you suri??? The phoenix that rose from the ashes of the lately banned suri?????

hi,

maybe this will help. what cable are u using to connect your equip to the tv. I suspect you are using those ultra crap composite cables that come free with the set top box or dvd player etc. I had replaced my free video composite cables with MX cables going from st box to my tv and I saw a very clear and distinct improvement in picture quality. If I remember correctly, it costed me a mere 80 bucks. Also make sure that the cables are not touching any power cords on the way to the tv. Please try this and let us know if you see any improvements.

Since you are not satisfied with your set, you can do one thing. Sell the TV. There is a section titled For sale by Owner. You post a picture of the set saying how old it is, etc. You also tell buyers in advance the perceived problem with it. Then see how it goes.
Maybe someone will be interested, come audition the set and then buy it. Or eBay.in and list it as auction...........

I would say best to return it to the seller. Pre-owned tvs get very less market values even may be just few days old. I see one of our member was having nightmare to sell his just fews days old sammy 50 inch plasma even after reducing lots of price. check For sale by Owner thread. I still see active ad on oher classified sites.

Last edited:
Yep...LCDs will have lousy SD PQ especially in 40" or higher sizes. PAL resolution is 576i and you're outputting it to a 1080p screen. The image will lack warmth and will look very artificial with jaggedness and artifacts. Plasma PQ is better on that front, as noted form personal experience. basically plasma tech is somewhat similar to crt (glowing phosphors) and as we all know CRT is still the best for standard TV broadcast. I have a 50" LG Plasma, and TV quality is far better than my friends' 42" LG LCD (even thought smaller screen size = crisper TV picture) Also the PQ improved after I replaced my std Airtel STB with Tata Sky HD via HDMI (even on SD channels)

Last edited:
hi,

maybe this will help. what cable are u using to connect your equip to the tv. I suspect you are using those ultra crap composite cables that come free with the set top box or dvd player etc. I had replaced my free video composite cables with MX cables going from st box to my tv and I saw a very clear and distinct improvement in picture quality. If I remember correctly, it costed me a mere 80 bucks. Also make sure that the cables are not touching any power cords on the way to the tv. Please try this and let us know if you see any improvements.

Is the HDMI cable coming with Tatasky HD set-top box good enough? Or is it neccessary to buy one from outside?

Also, if I rout my SD signal from Tatasky HD set-top box to my Oppo 981 and then to my LCD, will it give improvement in picture quality?

Is the HDMI cable coming with Tatasky HD set-top box good enough? Or is it neccessary to buy one from outside?

Also, if I rout my SD signal from Tatasky HD set-top box to my Oppo 981 and then to my LCD, will it give improvement in picture quality?

never used that one. as long as its of decent quality,should be ok. you can borrow someone else's cable and try it out to see if its better.

no, routing through anything will not give improvements.

End result? Well, you don't have HDMI signal ( I use a normal Tata Sky) nor an HDMI DVD player, hence this will continue.

So I spend 60 K and I get a huge sized giant that has actually robbed away my viewing pleasure.
This is common to all LCD TVs not only SONY brand. Only HD video will look good in 40 inch and above. For watching normal TV, it looks better in 32 inch LCD TV becuase of smaller size..not because of clarity.

You may try to get some video upscaler and see whether you see any improvement. Definitly you will get 10 - 20 % more clarity when using the video upscaler.

I wonder - what's this obsession with LCD TV by everyone - how many people will in any case have HD signal ??? ( Even Tata Sky is offering only 8 channels on their HD ). How many average Indian will know of HDMI ??!! Most people will have the normal DVD player only??!!
Its true. But all subscribers are slowly getting in to HD, and there will be more channels we will get in HD in the near future. That time watching in 40 inch TV will be definitly amazing.
In the mean time you can use your LCD TV to watch HD movies using bluray/media players. Or donate the TV to some poor people like me :lol:

BEST is to carry on with CRT for another 2 years.

Let there be HD transmission all over. Let there be some technology consolidation in LCDs, Plasmas, LEDs .... some shake-outs, obviously some major price corrections .... then ....

I recently went to select a Sony Led for myself, and noticed the same flaws in LED as well, later when I pointed out the guy said it was due to the frequency at which the motioin is flowing (Motion Flow), which was 60Hz, he showed another LED which had crystal motions as it was playing at 100Hz. Btw he was playing normal tata sky, some news channel.

So the bottom line is that if your model is having Motion FLow 60hz, the problem will persist unless u buy new one with 100hz motion flow.

cheers!

I recently went to select a Sony Led for myself, and noticed the same flaws in LED as well, later when I pointed out the guy said it was due to the frequency at which the motioin is flowing (Motion Flow), which was 60Hz, he showed another LED which had crystal motions as it was playing at 100Hz. Btw he was playing normal tata sky, some news channel.

So the bottom line is that if your model is having Motion FLow 60hz, the problem will persist unless u buy new one with 100hz motion flow.

cheers!

What flaw and which model ?

What flaw and which model ?

Its exactly not a flaw but when u look at LED EX710 series with EX400/500 series u notice this difference, which then seems like a flaw in LED :)

Motion Flow tech is specially to make fast moving graphics look smoother and sharper than before. In normal LCD/LED the news scrolling at the bootm of the screen looks hazy and not clear, but when I saw the same on EX710 series, which has Motion Flow 100hz, it looks abs fine and readable, clear.

for rest u need to take a demo of the same. I suppose NX500 series has Motion Flow 60hz.

Dear Friends,

Thanks a ton for all the help.

I went to the shop again and saw other TV's and realized it *is* the same with most of them. He was playing some crappy three-films-in-one DVD and it looked as horrid as it was doing at my place.

Anyways, - I tried Adder's suggestions - and voila ! It worked ! Switching of the tube light at the side-wall (the one 90 deg perpendicular to the one on which the TV is affixed) made it look hell lot of clearer. So lighting in the room *does* affect viewing pleasure ...

Plus, most DVD's I found (after checking a lot of them) were good on my new Pioneer DVD player - barring just a handful which I will live with.

End result - I am now enjoying my new found joy of watching television !!!!!!!

Yippeeeee!!!

Once again thanks to ALL YOU GREAT FRIENDS for the WONDERFUL help!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back