Tower speaker around 1 lakh

Hi all,
Posting after a bit of gap. Today I went to audition quad s2. But unfortunately quad speakers were not there. Instead I got to audition audiovector QR1. It is a bookshelf speaker with small foot print but boy it packs a punch. It also got the famous ribbon tweeter. I felt that the soundstage and clarity was really awesome. I didn't find much difference with its floor stander counterpart in stereo music listening(in movies the difference was more obvious though) . It was fed by Marantz 7013. It's price point is a bit higher than quad s2. Again I didn't find much reviews on the Internet and people don't talk about this brand a lot. The biggest advantage for me(placement wise) is that it can be hung on the wall.
Any feedback and suggestions for this particular speaker (audio vector QR1). How much does it retails for? Is 1 lakh a fair purchase price for this speaker currently. How will it pair with Marantz sr6013 (its sensitivity I believe is 87). Any comparison with quad s2..

I am selling my crystal acoustics T3 speakers. I bought them after auditioning 15+ speakers and I feel they are unbeatable for under 1 lakh

Hello guys, I've checked out a few speakers and Amps. Am still veering towards Norge 1000 with their tower.
Works out to about 40 odd k which works well on the pocket too

Yesterday I listened to pair of sonodyne sonus 3155. It was powered by yamaha rn-303. I liked the sound but couldn't say enjoyed it. These speakers retail for about 39k /pair.
The listening room was quite small and was not properly acoustically treated.
The sound somehow felt like being held back. It was not opening up.
I enjoyed klipsch rp5000f and polk rti a5 much more though it was in a completely different room which was properly treated acoustically.(and at a different price point).

Now looking forward to listening to avant t2 which I came to know are much better speakers and are at similar price points to that of Klipsch in India.....
sonodyne sonus 3155 is a very good speaker in the price range , when its paired with right amplifier and with right acoustics it will show its real potential..
I think your point of interest is music than movies...
In general Sonodyne is best matched for movie setup ... Avant T2 as well matched better for home theater setup. You may try this once whether it sounds up to your taste.

If you are looking only for music ,
You may consider
Monitor audio Towers
polk rti a5
Sonus faber
KEF
cambridge audio ..etc.

sonodyne sonus 3155 is a very good speaker in the price range , when its paired with right amplifier and with right acoustics it will show its real potential..
In general Sonodyne is best matched for movie setup ... Avant T2 as well matched better for home theater setup. You may try this once whether it sounds up to your taste.

You may consider
Monitor audio Towers
polk rti a5
Sonus faber
KEF
cambridge audio ..etc.
Thankfully.
Do you have any idea about audio vector. Especially QR1. I am now more inclined towards bookshelf speakers within similar price range.

You may consider
Monitor audio Towers
polk rti a5
Sonus faber
KEF
cambridge audio ..etc.
* Thanks

Thankfully.
Do you have any idea about audio vector. Especially QR1. I am now more inclined towards bookshelf speakers within similar price range.
Not heard those speakers ... Looks like they are manufactured in denmark. They are looking good and their specs.
Bookshelves also sounds good for music..

People will go for FS to have more mid-range where bookshelves have limited mid-range, FS will be great for watching movies.
If you like it you can go ahead. Later you can add sub with your bookshelves to add more bass to your music.

You can check - Sonus faber bookshelves && monitor audio before making decision.

Last edited:
Can anybody point me to Quad speaker dealers in Kolkata. I know watteffects deals with them but they don't have any stock right now..
I am looking to try out quad s2.
no one deals quad except Watteffects in kolkata but last month they have demo of Quad S5 and sound pleased for me, the vocal you may enjoy in their bigger room.. go and check.
also check Harmony Audio they stock fyneaudio, epos etc.. the owner Basu sir have great knowledgeble person.

Q acoustics concept 40 are great sounding VFM. With the recent price drop you can get them less than 90k from a dealer. I recently auditioned them and they do not seem to need a beefy amp. Additionally the center is not priced sky high so expansion to HT is not exorbitant. Sound is very cohesive, pleasant and treble is not over the top. But if you love very revealing top notes give them a miss.

Thanks a lot for your replies. I went ahead and purchased Audio vector QR1 from Watteffects Kolkata. I am finding them amazing and the ribbon tweeters are a treat.
Now planning to add a subwoofer. Shortlisted rythmik( LVX 12), based on reviews only. But it seems they are very costly in India and not a lot of places to demo them.

Thanks a lot for your replies. I went ahead and purchased Audio vector QR1 from Watteffects Kolkata. I am finding them amazing and the ribbon tweeters are a treat.
Now planning to add a subwoofer. Shortlisted rythmik( LVX 12), based on reviews only. But it seems they are very costly in India and not a lot of places to demo them.
If for music..look at sealed sub

Yesterday I listened to pair of sonodyne sonus 3155. It was powered by yamaha rn-303. I liked the sound but couldn't say enjoyed it. These speakers retail for about 39k /pair.
The listening room was quite small and was not properly acoustically treated.
The sound somehow felt like being held back. It was not opening up.
I enjoyed klipsch rp5000f and polk rti a5 much more though it was in a completely different room which was properly treated acoustically.(and at a different price point).

Now looking forward to listening to avant t2 which I came to know are much better speakers and are at similar price points to that of Klipsch in India.....
I had been using Sonodyne for many years before I sold off everything. Uranus II was the brand which shoot Sonodyne into limelight developed by Senior Mr Mukherjee. Indian market is not so encouraging. They tried to open shops in many shopping malls and later I think now all closed and runs from New Alipore mostly and online. The rich base of the sound is lost in the new speakers. Uranus used to be wooden speakers, heavy.

Finally what you bought? there are many good subwoofers. Do you reside at South Kolkata, because you went to Watteffects. How your ribbon tweeter is performing in our humid climate?

no one deals quad except Watteffects in kolkata but last month they have demo of Quad S5 and sound pleased for me, the vocal you may enjoy in their bigger room.. go and check.
also check Harmony Audio they stock fyneaudio, epos etc.. the owner Basu sir have great knowledgeble person.
Quad is available online from Hifimart. Demo you can get in Mumbai. Hifimart is a very good option. anil is good.

I’m already using quad bookshelf quit long.
Thats ok. Quad is available online I meant. all buyers should check one thing whether the dealer is original. Many duplicate products are there in the market. (I didnt called you because i was looking for feedback on Tower. Bookshelf i am not yet keen about.)

Thats ok. Quad is available online I meant. all buyers should check one thing whether the dealer is original. Many duplicate products are there in the market. (I didnt called you because i was looking for feedback on Tower. Bookshelf i am not yet keen about.)
Last year I listen quad s5. But imo quad bookshelf are far better than their tower version.

Hello all group members,
I recently joined this forum and am looking forward to buy my first audio system. Initially I am planning to invest around 1 lakh for a set of floor standing speakers. I am also planning to power them with Denon AvrX3500.
My listening room dimension is 12*12. However it is completely open to my dining room with dimension 12*20 and kitchen 8*10.
I have auditioned klipsch Rp5000f in this price range. I liked the sound however I feel the difference between US dollar and INR price is way too much for klipsch.
Do you guys think there is better value for money proposition in this price range. If yes, where can I audition them in Kolkata.
Additionally my listening will be 50:50 (music and ht).
Also will a bookshelf with a sub combo (together 1 lakh) will be a better option than a floor stander.

Thank you so very much for your time
Are you interested in totem forest speakers, they are very capable for both music and movies.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back