Transistor radios

pksnathan

Dear friends,
I am on the look out for a new AM/FM/SW transistor radio.When I searched the web Philips India makes only small AM/FM radios.I request our members to suggest a good brand for these type of radios. The intended use is only in my home.
Thanking you,
Pksnathan

dont buy PHILIPS ....will look rugged pretty noisy ... even if it is some 500Rs.I have checked long back the china Kchibo sounds better..(but will die in 2years:eek:)

take some multiband radio of good brand.

dont buy PHILIPS ....will look rugged pretty noisy ... even if it is some 500Rs.I have checked long back the china Kchibo sounds better..(but will die in 2years:eek:)

take some multiband radio of good brand.

Contact Radio Netherland either my email or by mail. I would prefer mail. They will in return send their one month program guide along with all new high tech SW/Am Radio systems and few very good post cards.

I still remember listening to them and getting those post cards every month. But alas, by the time I contacted them, they had stopped issuing QSL card. I am not sure of now a days.

It's good to see some one interested in Radios here. :)

Contact Radio Netherland either my email or by mail. I would prefer mail. They will in return send their one month program guide along with all new high tech SW/Am Radio systems and few very good post cards.

I still remember listening to them and getting those post cards every month. But alas, by the time I contacted them, they had stopped issuing QSL card. I am not sure of now a days.

It's good to see some one interested in Radios here. :)

They give a radio for free?!! :eek:
Nice! :)

PK if some one is coming from abrod ask him to get Grundig or Sony heard these are really good
Experts please help.

Dear friends,
I am on the look out for a new AM/FM/SW transistor radio.When I searched the web Philips India makes only small AM/FM radios.I request our members to suggest a good brand for these type of radios. The intended use is only in my home.
Thanking you,
Pksnathan

If you want to listen to SW then a digital radio like the Sony ICF 7600D would be ideal. Unfortunately it is discontinued and if you can get hold of it on a second sale go for it. As it is a digital radio the SW station does not drift unlike in in an analog radio. But if you are looking for only AM/FM any radio should do.

Dear friends.
I thank everyone who have offered various suggestions which was indeed useful to me.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back