Trouble with Stereo Mode

Burning Grunt

I have denon 1910 with Jamo S606 package. When I tried to play music through my WDTV in stereo mode, I hear "echo" effect. If there is a beat in the song then I hear two distinct beats one after another. Even the human voice feels like in a big auditorium/stadium or like two singers are there. Please help!

I have denon 1910 with Jamo S606 package. When I tried to play music through my WDTV in stereo mode, I hear "echo" effect. If there is a beat in the song then I hear two distinct beats one after another. Even the human voice feels like in a big auditorium/stadium or like two singers are there. Please help!

Check the settings on Denon,if other than stereo,pls change it.
Some recordings have digital echo,pls check with other songs.

Hi Grunt,

I think you should check the presets...probably it is set to Auditorium/Opera/Stadium etc. You should check your source and denon for presets. Probably WDTV & 1910 owners can throw more light.

Cheers,
Naren

Not sure of what has happened here but whenever I have tried to play any multichannel amp in stereo mode, the audio quality is no where near a dedicated 2 channel Stereo Amp, so I still prefer a stereo amp for 2 channel playback.....:cool:)

I played different songs but same issue in each case. I will work on the suggestions so far. As far as TV volume is concerned, I need to check it. Because, I have connected WDTV to TV via component and WDTV to Amp via Optical.

There is another issue which I have to look into. I have HDMI with me but I am not able to change the settings in WDTV video input from component to HDMI. Even if I do so, initially WDTV asks to set resolution. I set it to Auto (not sure what to choose from 1080p 24Hz/50Hz/60Hz). Then at TV HDMI port, WDTV asks whether to keep set resolution. If I press 'OK' the screen goes black and WDTV again goes back to component port.

FYI: I have got Sony 46W550A.

The issue is resolved. It was TV sound which got added to the speaker sound and created the "Echo" effect. Thanks a lot for prompt solutions!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back