• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Trouble with Stereo Mode

Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 & 11.2 Speakers

Burning Grunt

I have denon 1910 with Jamo S606 package. When I tried to play music through my WDTV in stereo mode, I hear "echo" effect. If there is a beat in the song then I hear two distinct beats one after another. Even the human voice feels like in a big auditorium/stadium or like two singers are there. Please help!

spirovious

I have denon 1910 with Jamo S606 package. When I tried to play music through my WDTV in stereo mode, I hear "echo" effect. If there is a beat in the song then I hear two distinct beats one after another. Even the human voice feels like in a big auditorium/stadium or like two singers are there. Please help!

Check the settings on Denon,if other than stereo,pls change it.
Some recordings have digital echo,pls check with other songs.

Kevian

Hi Grunt,

I think you should check the presets...probably it is set to Auditorium/Opera/Stadium etc. You should check your source and denon for presets. Probably WDTV & 1910 owners can throw more light.

Cheers,
Naren

deba

Not sure of what has happened here but whenever I have tried to play any multichannel amp in stereo mode, the audio quality is no where near a dedicated 2 channel Stereo Amp, so I still prefer a stereo amp for 2 channel playback.....:cool:)

Burning Grunt

I played different songs but same issue in each case. I will work on the suggestions so far. As far as TV volume is concerned, I need to check it. Because, I have connected WDTV to TV via component and WDTV to Amp via Optical.

There is another issue which I have to look into. I have HDMI with me but I am not able to change the settings in WDTV video input from component to HDMI. Even if I do so, initially WDTV asks to set resolution. I set it to Auto (not sure what to choose from 1080p 24Hz/50Hz/60Hz). Then at TV HDMI port, WDTV asks whether to keep set resolution. If I press 'OK' the screen goes black and WDTV again goes back to component port.

FYI: I have got Sony 46W550A.

Burning Grunt

The issue is resolved. It was TV sound which got added to the speaker sound and created the "Echo" effect. Thanks a lot for prompt solutions!